The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
OAN is going to feature on a future video cast called “Remember the 20s?!”

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I mean, I’m with you too. To a certain extent the pandemic did not fundamentally change my behavior. I stay at home, a lot. I just stayed home a bit more. Maybe if more people were like us this would be over.

By “rational” I meant “people who recognized the pandemic was real.” There are those people who aren’t tired because Covid is fake, or whatever Qbert says.

I lied about being an irrational man.

I’m a cat.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
A couple of fully vaccinated police officers just died from covid. It was on the news last night.

It happens. I just want to know I'm neg., since I could just not have symptoms and pass it to my kids, so I test. Peace of mind.

This is what an irrational fear looks like. In any normal year, you'd be told to see a shrink.

This article is pretty much where I’m at:

What a truly awful way to go through life. Crippled by fear from something that has killed fewer than 400 kids.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
This is what an irrational fear looks like. In any normal year, you'd be told to see a shrink.

What a truly awful way to go through life. Crippled by fear from something that has killed fewer than 400 kids.
So what is the magic number for kids to die that would make you change your mind?

I thinks its more about the kids bringing back the virus to their grandparents or compromise love ones...Its funny how none of my kids has gotten sick since remote learning started. Kids are germ-magnets!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I could call it child abuse, which is what some folks want to say for when I don't want a mask on my kids.

Seems excessive to call it child abuse. Kids are vectors for disease. More so than adults wearing masks.

But with adults not wearing masks, the risks are higher.

lithy

20 Year Member
So what is the magic number for kids to die that would make you change your mind?

I thinks its more about the kids bringing back the virus to their grandparents or compromise love ones...Its funny how none of my kids has gotten sick since remote learning started. Kids are germ-magnets!

5,500 kids 1-14 died in 2019, how did you modify your behavior and then to account for that risk?

lithy

20 Year Member
Mitigate risk. A logical and rational parent will be expected by the state to reasonably mitigate risks for their children.

Politically motivated acceptance of risk is not rational.

What level of risk may be accepted before it is classified as 'politically motivated'?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You want me to tell you what level of risk the state is willing to allow you to take with your own children …before it’s considered politically motivated?

Just want to answer the right question

lithy

20 Year Member
You want me to tell you what level of risk the state is willing to allow you to take with your own children …before it’s considered politically motivated?

Just want to answer the right question

lithy

20 Year Member
Are you quoting joe8?

If the goal of your circular questioning was to make me understand that any opposition to state control of our children is likely to meet mind-numbing bureaucracy and will ultimately fall on deaf ears anyway because even one child saved is worth any amount of freedoms curtailed for the remainder, then mission accomplished.

If I was meant to feel as if I was participating in Monty Python's Argument Clinic sketch, then also mission accomplished.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member

The *truly* awful way to go through life, is to have had this situation prolonged by selfish actors with a serious deficit of duty.

I have a personal vendetta against all deniers, and the anti Vaxxers that have enabled Delta to take hold, and prolong this.

Asswhippings on sight.

I cut my bio dad out of our lives over this. I damn sure won’t suffer fools on an internet message board.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Delta is tame. Whatever's next could be far worse. That's why I'm going to that show this weekend and NYC in October. Who knows how long this will last.

lithy

20 Year Member
The *truly* awful way to go through life, is to have had this situation prolonged by selfish actors with a serious deficit of duty.

I have a personal vendetta against all deniers, and the anti Vaxxers that have enabled Delta to take hold, and prolong this.

Asswhippings on sight.

I cut my bio dad out of our lives over this. I damn sure won’t suffer fools on an internet message board.

Right, if only everyone would have been you, this would all be over. Keep telling yourself that. Look at Australia for evidence to the contrary.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Right, if only everyone would have been you, this would all be over. Keep telling yourself that. Look at Australia for evidence to the contrary.

the Australia that has struggled to get enough vaccines? Or did you mean the other Australia, Austria?

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
If the goal of your circular questioning was to make me understand that any opposition to state control of our children is likely to meet mind-numbing bureaucracy and will ultimately fall on deaf ears anyway because even one child saved is worth any amount of freedoms curtailed for the remainder, then mission accomplished.

If I was meant to feel as if I was participating in Monty Python's Argument Clinic sketch, then also mission accomplished.

No, the post I made was clear.

If your position is to put people in an increased risk of harm, simply to benefit yourself or to stick to your socio-political guns, you’re not being rational.

And if it comes down to it, irrationality would be a problem in a tort case, where you and your wife are defendants because of who your children killed making your political points.

You can cross that bridge when you get to it. Like driving without a seat belt, or without headlights. Chances are you’ll be ok, or not. Who knows.