The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Don't crush what little hope I have left.
I know. Seems like drinking is on the decline with young people everywhere these days! Every damn month is a chance to not drink, and you can't orgasm either. It's a true dystopia.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I know. Seems like drinking is on the decline with young people everywhere these days! Every damn month is a chance to not drink, and you can't orgasm either. It's a true dystopia.

Have you considered moving to Kyoto? Nothing to do there but drink.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
with Joe Rogan championing the horse goo, there’s literally going to be none left over for the horses.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Let me see if I got this straight, Rogan is willing to eat horse paste, do a vitamin drip, and an NAD drip, and said, "Apologies to everyone, but nothing that he could control." But he didn't get the vaccine? I think it said his status was unknown, but it's just like Kirk Cousins saying it should be a private matter to get vaccinated. It's usually code for that they didn't get vaccinated.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Don’t forget promoting lions mane, which has no scientific or medical backing.

Dude is just trying to pitch snake oil and shitty life advice to desperate and depressed people.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If it's anything like my kid's school, they pretty much just threw in the towel and it's business as usual. Everyone has to stay masked except when eating, but otherwise there doesn't seem to be any real precautions taken this year. I'm sure this will end well!

My kid got sent home to quarantine today. They didn't even make it two weeks, the teacher is sick.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Rogan also had an indoor comedy event in Florida full of Joe Rogan Fans.

If that isn't beyond redonkulous.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Healthy people don't need vaccines, they just need exercise, a vitamin drip, and an NAD drip and untested river blindness medicine.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Let me see if I got this straight, Rogan is willing to eat horse paste, do a vitamin drip, and an NAD drip, and said, "Apologies to everyone, but nothing that he could control." But he didn't get the vaccine? I think it said his status was unknown, but it's just like Kirk Cousins saying it should be a private matter to get vaccinated. It's usually code for that they didn't get vaccinated.
People were (are) buying the horse version because doctors and pharmacies refuse to prescribe (or fill prescriptions for) the human version. At least in the US. There is no issue getting the human version in other countries.

IDK if he is vaccinated or not. I read on some sites he is and some he is not. All I know is one time I listened to his podcast and someone on there said that if you eat mushrooms you can cure autism.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Like cures like so an autistic person needs to eat the brain of another autistic person to be cured.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Yeah, he straight up said he didn't get vaccinated.

Following Joe Rogan over the past several years has been like watching a live-action adaptation of Flowers For Algernon. He started out his podcast as a full on meathead. 9 out of 10 sentences that came out of his mouth could easily have been followed by, "Durrr hurrr." Then, mysteriously, he experienced a kind of Golden Age where he seemed to somehow get drastically smarter, being able to hold his own in conversations with vastly more intelligent and educated guests. He was genuinely curious in a wide array of fields, many scientific, often abstruse, was married to no pre-held opinions whatsoever, and had amazing retention of things he learned from guests sometimes years earlier. Best of all, he was accutely aware of his own shortcomings and was infinitely willing to defer to more knowledgeable people with better information.

Then covid hit, he moved to Texas, and the dropoff in intelligence was sudden and catestrophic. His opinions got cemented as if by repeating them like a mantra, he could somehow reshape reality through sheer tyranny of will (a defense mechanism against the frightening chaos? Or just adapting to and adopting the SOP of his new red state neighbors?). And his retention of things he learned even one week prior went poof. Listening to him over the past year and a half has been pretty fucking shocking and more than a little disheartening. A real life Charlie Gordon.

Last edited:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Yeah, he straight up said he didn't get vaccinated.

Following Joe Rogan over the past several years has been like watching a live-action adaptation of Flowers For Algernon. He started out his podcast as a full on meathead. 9 out of 10 sentences that came out of his mouth could easily have been followed by, "Durrr hurrr." Then, mysteriously, he experienced a kind of Golden Age where he seemed to somehow get drastically smarter, being able to hold his own in conversations with vastly more intelligent and educated guests. He was genuinely curious in a wide array of fields, many scientific, often abstruse, was married to no pre-held opinions whatsoever, and had amazing retention of things he learned from guests sometimes years earlier. Best of all, he was accutely aware of his own shortcomings and was infinitely willing to defer to more knowledgeable people with better information.

Then covid hit, he moved to Texas, and the dropoff in intelligence was sudden and catestrophic. His opinions got cemented as if by repeating them like a mantra, he could somehow reshape reality through sheer tyranny of will (a defense mechanism against the frightening chaos? Or just adapting to and adopting the SOP of his new red state neighbors?). And his retention of things he learned even one week prior went poof. Listening to him over the past year and a half has been pretty fucking shocking and more than a little disheartening. A real life Charlie Gordon.

Funny what $100 million from Spotify can do to your brain.

I haven't listened to him since the Bob Lazar episode, and always thought of him as Gwyneth Paltrow for guys, but I will admit he's a good interviewer. Maybe it just comes with the territory of having a 3 hour podcast, but he never just lets (let?) a bullshit response fly. He'll always challenge the guest and ask follow-ups. A lot of interviewers just move onto the next question and try not make any sort of retort, which I think they're afraid would come across as editorializing. Giving a platform to crazies is another discussion, though.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
the tech to turn any mild mannered country into a surveillance state is available and affordable.

for example, get a contract with Palantir and BlackSky, or Theia, or Databricks, or all of them.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
lmbo what's going on in Australia, sounds like they went full China
It's all a paper rule, there is no real policing occurring.
Authoritarian with the govt able to spy on you legally.
This part is true. They recently passed into law legislation to allow the police to hack and compromise dark networks amongst also not needing a warrant to intercept communications. That's what the media reported anyway, I imagine it is far reaching and with little to no oversight. Also this egregious act against the privacy of regular citizens was passed in less than 24 hours. To hell with debate!

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
My son's school had 1 case and all of 4th, 5th, and 6th grade are out for 2 weeks. We went to test and found out my daughter has vasovagal reactions to getting her finger pricked. (She fainted) Scared the crap out of me, and probably every other kid in the testing line. She's fine, but apparently she needs a bracelet incase she cuts her finger at school and passes out.

We all tested negative, but my son's school won't let him back until the 13th.

It's crazy how every school has different rules. My school let's everyone stay besides those who were inside, within 6ft of the person that tested positive for more than 15 minutes. The whole class has to play away from the other classes at recess though. My friend's kid's school let's them come back after a negative test, but they have to test twice a week at school or stay home for 10 days. My son's school doesn't even offer their teachers testing and decided to hire more child psychologists instead of a school nurse. My son's hockey buddy goes to a 16 grand a year private school and they made parents sign testing contacts or leave (without their tuition money, lol).

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
I’m allergic to mountains of shit and have been delaying getting the jab. I was infected in 2020 with covid and it was horrible, couldn’t go up five steps without gasping for air. It was the worst cold/flu I have ever gotten in my life. My wife however only had it for a week if that.
The idea was that herd immunity would kick in and I wouldn’t have to get the jab but that ship has sailed. I figured with natural immunity I would be protected for a bit. Now I have no choice but to go get it as I work with the public everyday and college kids. I do personally know someone who died six weeks after getting a second dose. He developed a blood clot so this also makes me nervous. He was in great shape didn’t smoke or drink and he worked out three to four days a week.
I’m just getting over surgery and complications from it or I may have done it sooner. I’ve lost 30lbs in the last five weeks and a total of 55lbs over the summer. I am really truly scared of this vaccine. I just had a few vaccines in July so i am not in the least an antI vax person. I do know that a certain amount of people that get the vaccine developed Bell’s palsy, blood clots ect. I also know that probably half gets reported. I know my friends did not and I saw him every week after the second dose and I’m positive it was it. My sister friend has a niece that died 4 days after her second shot. Everyone tries to use the excuse that one out weighs the other. However when you lose someone or die yourself does it really matter what caused it. All negative IMO. I could close my business and lock myself away for the rest of my life but that truly isn’t an option and the fact that we have to worry about any of this truly sucks.
Ill be making an apt possibly tomorrow if I can grow the balls to get it. For some people this is a lot harder than it should be. I’m not sure why but it is.
Since December 2020, more than 350 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in the U.S., and VAERS has received 6,968 reports of death (0.0019%), according to the CDC. (Numbers as of Aug. 26, 2021.)

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I’m allergic to mountains of shit and have been delaying getting the jab. I was infected in 2020 with covid and it was horrible, couldn’t go up five steps without gasping for air. It was the worst cold/flu I have ever gotten in my life. My wife however only had it for a week if that.
The idea was that herd immunity would kick in and I wouldn’t have to get the jab but that ship has sailed. I figured with natural immunity I would be protected for a bit. Now I have no choice but to go get it as I work with the public everyday and college kids. I do personally know someone who died six weeks after getting a second dose. He developed a blood clot so this also makes me nervous. He was in great shape didn’t smoke or drink and he worked out three to four days a week.
I’m just getting over surgery and complications from it or I may have done it sooner. I’ve lost 30lbs in the last five weeks and a total of 55lbs over the summer. I am really truly scared of this vaccine. I just had a few vaccines in July so i am not in the least an antI vax person. I do know that a certain amount of people that get the vaccine developed Bell’s palsy, blood clots ect. I also know that probably half gets reported. I know my friends did not and I saw him every week after the second dose and I’m positive it was it. My sister friend has a niece that died 4 days after her second shot. Everyone tries to use the excuse that one out weighs the other. However when you lose someone or die yourself does it really matter what caused it. All negative IMO. I could close my business and lock myself away for the rest of my life but that truly isn’t an option and the fact that we have to worry about any of this truly sucks.
Ill be making an apt possibly tomorrow if I can grow the balls to get it. For some people this is a lot harder than it should be. I’m not sure why but it is.
Because you have a personal connection to people dying from it. I know people who lost family and i know people that have died from covid, so i worry more than my neighbor who doesn't know anyone who's ever even got it.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
Because you have a personal connection to people dying from it. I know people who lost family and i know people that have died from covid, so i worry more than my neighbor who doesn't know anyone who's ever even got it.
Forgot to mention my aunt died the day after Christmas of covid so this has definitely weighed on me more in both directions. Imagine these people going for a vaccine and dying. You think your doing the right thing and bam dead. It’s so messed up.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Don't worry, too much you'll be all right, get the vaccine and you'll be fine.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I had an aunt die about 6 weeks after the second dose (Pfizer). She was in her 70s, had diabetes, heart bypass surgery - she was a higher risk. But she was also in a very high risk area (Georgia), surrounded by vax resisters and antivaxxers. The hospital said the vaccines didn’t giver as many antibodies as she needed to fight the amount of covid she got infected with. I still think she got a saline jab from some retarded nurse who wanted to save people from stem cell damnation and autistic babies.

It sucks you can’t stay home, quarantine, and get financial assistance while your body recovers from surgery. that would be the optimal option.

Last edited: