The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I mean, I'd be happy to let a company that developed such a treatment with its own capital profit from it and distribute it however they want, but that's not an option right?

The problem you seemed to have is that the Federal Government stopped one State entity from taking too many of them due to diminishing supplies.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
If all that means I'll be dead by 40, well tough shit for me.
This a lose-lose gambit for you, as a father. Either you die early and leave your kids to grow up resenting you (I don’t know them, so may be wrong); or you survive and teach your kids to make politically charged and highly risky health decisions.

Either way, their quality of life takes a hit. A rational person would mitigate risks, and set a standard for reasonable risk mitigation.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Edit: I read the article wrong.

Are all these gubernatorial clowns in FL and TX just looking at 2024 Presidential runs or what? Senate? Abbott is all in on some psycho shit.

Last edited:

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 10.46.58 AM.png
"YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!1"

- lithy on masks

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Edit: I read the article wrong.

Are all these gubernatorial clowns in FL and TX just looking at 2024 Presidential runs or what? Senate? Abbott is all in on some psycho shit.

I liked the governor of Mississippi when asked why his state has the highest cumulative Covid deaths per capita. And his answer was that deaths are a lagging indicator, meaning that his state's covid death surge is going to get worse.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It is one thing to oppose mask or testing/vaccine requirements on principled ground.

It is another thing for public officials to be publicly undermining thier own health efforts in order to appease the crazies.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Anyone who has been exposed to an infected person virus should not be going to school until they meet some set of testing/time/vaccination conditions.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Anyone who has been exposed to an infected person virus should not be going to school until they meet some set of testing/time/vaccination conditions.

What if the person exposed is vaccinated?

That will be my question once we are at the stage where vaccines are required for school children.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
What if the person exposed is vaccinated?
I know that most protocols are that the person does not need to quarantine sans symptoms. But I think that more caution should be taken. Particularly if they are going to be going to a school or a nursing home.

I pulled my kids from school when they were exposed to a person who was exposed.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Would you do the same, moving forward, if your kids were exposed and they along with all the school staff and other kids at the school were vaccinated?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I don't know if I would do it now, given the specific circumstances. This was all pre-vaccinations.

The thing about covid is that testing and contact tracing is that it has delays that make it follow the spread rather than get ahead of it.

The reason I got put into a situation (twice) is because the testing contact tracing was way behind.

I figured that I didn't want to be a part of the "Let's sit around and wait for tests to come back and contact tracing to get to us". I did not want us to become part of the spread. I wanted to get ahead of it.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
But I do know one thing:

I DO NOT WANT MY KIDS IN A CLASSROOM WITH KIDS WHO HAVE EXPOSURES THAT SHOULD PUT THEM IN QUARANTINE.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
But I do know one thing:

I DO NOT WANT MY KIDS IN A CLASSROOM WITH KIDS WHO HAVE EXPOSURES THAT SHOULD PUT THEM IN QUARANTINE.
And yet

YOU ALSO CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO HOME SCHOOL THEM

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I feel like the previous two posts are passive-aggressive reactions attempting to counteract the recent evil wasabi paradigm shift.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
And yet

YOU ALSO CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO HOME SCHOOL THEM

I will homeschool them when they exposed and go into quarantine....

But otherwise no. It is bad enough that one is asking me to maker her lunch everyday. WTF? What kinda weirdo kid brings thier lunch?

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Asymptomatic does not mean uninflected [sic]

That was my point in criticizing the fear mongering headline. It actually suggests that 'exposed children' are infected by calling them asymptomatic. Being asymptomatic means you are sick but show no symptoms. Being called asymptomatic as the default condition of life is like saying you're tired when you're asleep or sober when you were never drunk. It just doesn't make sense contextually.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
That was my point in criticizing the fear mongering headline. It actually suggests that 'exposed children' are infected by calling them asymptomatic. Being asymptomatic means you are sick but show no symptoms. Being called asymptomatic as the default condition of life is like saying you're tired when you're asleep or sober when you were never drunk. It just doesn't make sense contextually.
Sure, but in quarantine situations, you need to lean towards false positives instead of false negatives, or else you end up with real positives.