The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Yes, I took my kids to an outdoor concert in a county that has moderate community spread.

I guess that makes me a hypocrite because I don't want my kids spending 7 hours a day in an elementary classroom with someone has has a known exposure.
Wow, really struck a nerve with the hypocrite thing huh. Let me guess, this is like the thousandth time someone's got you wrong on that.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Wow, really struck a nerve with the hypocrite thing huh. Let me guess, this is like the thousandth time someone's got you wrong on that.
Would you be comfortable letting your child go to school with a classmate who is known to carry loaded firearms? Chances are that nothing will happen. Don’t take away the kid’s childhood and make them stay at home.

StevenK

10 Year Member
Would you be comfortable letting your child go to school with a classmate who is known to carry loaded firearms? Chances are that nothing will happen. Don’t take away the kid’s childhood and make them stay at home.
The issue is that I think the correct equivalent question would be if I was comfortable sending my child to a school with a classmate who carries a particularly sharp pencil

I should add, that pencil was concerning for the kids parents and genuinely dangerous for his grandparents but it's ok, they invented an invisible t-shirt that means the pencil won't do any lasting damage. Of course, Randy's dad won't wear any t-shirt, he thinks we should all be impressed with his scrawny pasty body so fuck Randy's dad.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The issue is that I think the correct equivalent question would be if I was comfortable sending my child to a school with a classmate who carries a particularly sharp pencil

I should add, that pencil was concerning for the kids parents and genuinely dangerous for his grandparents but it's ok, they invented an invisible t-shirt that means the pencil won't do any lasting damage. Of course, Randy's dad won't wear any t-shirt, he thinks we should all be impressed with his scrawny pasty body so fuck Randy's dad.
It was a “yes or no” question. No need for philosophical obfuscation.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I’m sure he knows. I have no idea why a parent takes their kid to a concert regardless. Music is vile and the virus is dangerous. Two wrongs don’t make a right.

The State Fair is a covid mitigation strategy. It is 95% outdoors with lots of space and masks required indoors. If people go to the fair rather than go to Home Depot, bars and intimate indoor gatherings, then the spread is reduced.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Then why try to reframe the disease from a loaded weapon to a sharp pencil?

I mean, how many children, parents, grandparents, teachers and staff could be seriously hurt or worse by one infected child? How many can be hurt by a loaded gun? And how many can be hurt by a pencil?

you went to pencil which was so far beyond ridiculous that it became intellectually disqualifying.

I am ready to return you to Payless, you discount flip flop.

StevenK

10 Year Member
Then why try to reframe the disease from a loaded weapon to a sharp pencil?

I mean, how many children, parents, grandparents, teachers and staff could be seriously hurt or worse by one infected child? How many can be hurt by a loaded gun? And how many can be hurt by a pencil?

you went to pencil which was so far beyond ridiculous that it became intellectually disqualifying.

I am ready to return you to Payless, you discount flip flop.
A sharp pencil is equidistant to one side of covid in a vaccinated population as a loaded gun in a child's hands is to the other

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
A sharp pencil is equidistant to one side of covid in a vaccinated population as a loaded gun in a child's hands is to the other
Where is this vaccinated population you speak of? Point to it on a map.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
It turned out to be 2 of my co-workers, not just one, that have Covid, both CNAs, one of whom came to work anyway, even though they had symptoms, and exposed others, during their smoke breaks, when they congregate and have their masks off. I don't know if either were vaccinated or not.

And, this morning, during our 2nd weekly Covid test, the big boss came in and announced that one of the LPNs at our sister facility (which his family also owns) has Covid and is in the ICU on a ventilator and probably not going to make it. He urged everyone who isn't vaccinated (I am) to do so, and, thankfully, some of the anti-vaxxers at work have finally come around and done it (the rest of us not dying yet from our January/February Moderna vaccinations is pretty compelling evidence that it's safe), but, there are still stubborn ones who won't.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It turned out to be 2 of my co-workers, not just one, that have Covid, both CNAs, one of whom came to work anyway, even though they had symptoms, and exposed others, during their smoke breaks, when they congregate and have their masks off. I don't know if either were vaccinated or not.

And, this morning, during our 2nd weekly Covid test, the big boss came in and announced that one of the LPNs at our sister facility (which his family also owns) has Covid and is in the ICU on a ventilator and probably not going to make it. He urged everyone who isn't vaccinated (I am) to do so, and, thankfully, some of the anti-vaxxers at work have finally come around and done it (the rest of us not dying yet from our January/February Moderna vaccinations is pretty compelling evidence that it's safe), but, there are still stubborn ones who won't.
your job sucks, Mark. First off, smoking on a nursing home’s property before returning to a shift to serve senior citizens sounds like the most selfish scumbag shit outside of drugging and raping the seniors.

second, vaccinations should be mandatory by your employer as a health necessity to work around the morbidly aged.

no one should be allowed to present serious risks without informed patient consent while working at any health or medical facility. You should quit.

you have health risks of your own to worry about.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Like 85% of my co-workers smoke, especially the nurses and CNAs. Those are rough jobs, I get that it helps them destress a bit.

I agree that the vaccinations should be mandatory in my line or work (flu too, not just Covid) unless you can't, for health reasons (egg allergy, compromised immune system, etc.--on the other hand, I have a compromised immune system and I still get vaccinations anyway).

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Which is why probably half of more of nursing home staffs smoke.
Maybe it’s a vicious circle. The amount the state subsidizes for the care of senior citizens should allow for way higher wagers for the staff, more staff, better hours, and better pay.

but obviously, the American dream doesn’t come cheap, and doesn’t come to many.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Maybe it’s a vicious circle. The amount the state subsidizes for the care of senior citizens should allow for way higher wagers for the staff, more staff, better hours, and better pay.
Which would probably equate to better care.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
If better care was their motivation, sure, maybe. But nursing homes are like any other industry. Their motivation is profit.
True. My grandmothers was pretty nice. It was cleanly and communicative. But all the other ones I’ve had to go to are awful.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
This is amazing. Could be an answer to the lung issues that are plaguing the unvaccinated.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
A friend of mine and his wife who are antivaxxers thanks to his wife spending too much time on FB got infected with covid thanks to their toddler who brought it home from daycare. They won’t get vaccinated after this. Wife has a holistic medicine plan.

sad eye roll.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
A friend of mine and his wife who are antivaxxers thanks to his wife spending too much time on FB got infected with covid thanks to their toddler who brought it home from daycare. They won’t get vaccinated after this. Wife has a holistic medicine plan.

sad eye roll.
Hey bud. Chin up. You got a friend of yours right here who got vaccinated.