The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Another (vaccinated) resident tested positive, so, that wing of the facility was closed off again.

The really nasty thing, that didn't occur to me until this morning, is that the employees who won't get vaccinated and lose their jobs also will not get unemployment either, because our employer is classifying that as a resignation. (I asked my boss this morning and she confirmed that I was correct on that.)

One of the CNAs is our union rep and he said his phone was ringing off the hook yesterday and I can believe it!

They can classify it as whatever they want, but will have to show up to the hearing if the employees claim unemployment anyway and in most cases I doubt it is worth their time to contest it.

Wth the exception I guess of whether or not the CMS vaccine mandate is fully upheld, but even then I think they would have to show up.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Got my moderna booster Wednesday. Everyone said, "oh, I just had pain in arm." Man, I had a 2nd shot type reaction. Chills, body aches, fever, a killer headache, and arm pain. I got the shot at 1:15 and was up most of the night feeling horrible. I woke up around 9am feeling like crap and didn't really feel any better until around 8pm last night. I woke up this morning dripping with sweat and felt better after my morning shower. I still feel kind of out of it, and my arm still hurts.

Anyone else get hit hard by their booster?

My wife said I didn't drink enough water.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Got my moderna booster Wednesday. Everyone said, "oh, I just had pain in arm." Man, I had a 2nd shot type reaction. Chills, body aches, fever, a killer headache, and arm pain. I got the shot at 1:15 and was up most of the night feeling horrible. I woke up around 9am feeling like crap and didn't really feel any better until around 8pm last night. I woke up this morning dripping with sweat and felt better after my morning shower. I still feel kind of out of it, and my arm still hurts.

A night of pain is worth more than an early grave. period.

edit: NGT, you're a good guy. Corona boosters will - WILL - be a thing for years to come. You are a good father.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
There is a uptick in Europe . This gong show could get ugly if they get a variant mutation again .

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member

I had the pfizer booster, but I really only had the bad pain the arm which lasted a couple of days actually. Feel better soon!

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

A couple of weeks back I posted this:

I finally got my COVID shots: the first one last month and the second a couple of days ago. The first one literally made my left arm feel like a lead weight for a few days but otherwise no biggie. However after the second shot...WOW! The doctor told me that I could develop flu-like symptoms and that I should rest, drink plenty of water and take ibuprofen if in pain. Kind of dismissed it but the following morning, it hit me with it all. Unfortunately I had to go into work but had to leave early because I felt so sick. Got home, went to sleep for about 6 hours. Overnight, I took a sleep aid and had a peaceful 12 hour sleep, woke up and I feel right as rain...as if nothing ever happened.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member

My 2nd Moderna fucked me up pretty bad, especially the tiredness and headache. Not yet had a 3rd booster yet though

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I only felt small pre cold symptoms during my second Moderna earlier this year. I’ll be taking the booster here soon as well.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Yeah 24% vaccine rate in South Africa. We are now triple vaccinating people in some countries, maybe we should be giving those vaccines to countries that need them to stop the chance of new strains appearing.

But what do I know…

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Booster rescheduled for Dec. 10th at work now. Still no more new resident cases, so, hopefully, we'll be able to reopen the infected wing up again soon. I just leave my N95 on at work all day now, even though I don't have to unless I'm on said wing.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Sounds like the name of a generic late 90's NuMetal band.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
One of my unvaccinated co-workers came to the office this afternoon to talk to me about having to get vaccinated by the 5th or lose her job and what a hard decision that is for her to make. I tried to be sympathetic, but probably didn't do a very good job. She told me that she doesn't want to get vaccinated because she's worried about long lasting after effects from it (she informed me that her grandson claims that he has horrid fatigue from it months later) and I just told her that I haven't experienced anything like that from my Covid vaccinations and I'm fine. Hopefully, she'll decide to get it, but, I didn't tell her what she should do either.

lithy

20 Year Member
Same playbook as perpetual war. There will always be a variant, there will always be increasing cases, there will always be a reason to continue to instill fear.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Yeah it's like the color coded terror alerts after 9/11.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Oh fuck off Covid already, sick of this shit.

It‘s a highly mutated strain. Could be bad. Hope not.
how else they going to bring down the oil prices.... expect more upgrades poppin up if needed, maybe twice or 3 time a year like the apple iphone .

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Same playbook as perpetual war. There will always be a variant, there will always be increasing cases, there will always be a reason to continue to instill fear.
Your right. The government are using this as a fear weapon. Fight back. Lick every handle, lamp post and toilet seat you find to prove its all fake, orchestrated because the man wants your soul.

lithy

20 Year Member
Your right. The government are using this as a fear weapon. Fight back. Lick every handle, lamp post and toilet seat you find to prove its all fake, orchestrated because the man wants your soul.

Who said it was fake? How throughly unsurprising that someone typing "Your right." could possibly misconstrue my post.

But also...ok.