The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
The more you perpetuate "sides" of anything while in the presence of this autistic fuck, the more he's going to continue the "I told you so" shtick. He's a fuckin tard, also STK's can of whoop ass that awaits, will be more than enough

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
My point is that he should drop the “I told you so” schtick.

We get it. He was right, we were wrong. Don’t be a dick.

I caught a lot of shit, and some of the receipts took years to play out.
So I am more than happy to pay them back.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
You don't pay off receipts. You pay off invoices and outstanding balances. Your outstanding balancing act of being either a low-functioning autist or a smug jackass is what's in question.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
You don't pay off receipts. You pay off invoices and outstanding balances.

There are apparently colloquial uses of "receipt" that you are unaware with.

But thank you for the display of spectrum-disorder analysis.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
There are apparently colloquial uses of "receipt" that you are unaware with.

But thank you for the display of spectrum-disorder analysis.
Yeah lets get back into a semantics argument which ends in you getting owned because you're literally too autistic to know when someone is making a joke, that's exactly what you need right now

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I'm guessing that English isn't Norton's first language and something got lost in translation.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
More covid restrictions in the UK despite Omicron looking to be the mildest strain yet. The pandemic could effectively be over. Will our governments allow a return to normalcy or continue to instill fear and control citizens?

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just around the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal. We are not like that. We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Our Covid booster shot clinic at work is officially set for Friday morning. The infection control RN came to my office and discussed it with me and my coworker this afternoon [she's vaccinated, but, she wants to see her Mother & Stepfather this weekend, so, she's not getting the booster (it's not mandatory), because she doesn't want to feel sick from it...her life, her choice]. He had some interesting things to say that I didn't know:

1. The Pfizer vaccine has to he kept way below zero (like -80 CELSIUS I think he said), while the Moderna and Johnson & Johnson ones can be stored with normal refrigeration. Because of this, he believes Pfizer will be phased out in favor of the other two, over time, because it's more troublesome/costly to store.

2. While you can get a different booster brand than your original vaccination, results tend to be better if you stick with the same brand for your booster (i.e., you're less likely to feel ill). He got Pfizer (he didn't work at my facility yet when we did our Moderna vaccinations in January/February), so, he's not getting our Moderna booster on Friday and getting Pfizer elsewhere instead for that reason.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just around the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal. We are not like that. We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end.
Certainly, they existed. Those blinded by ambition. Those consumed with vengeance.
But here, they do not exist.
Only winners and losers here.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
More covid restrictions in the UK despite Omicron looking to be the mildest strain yet. The pandemic could effectively be over. Will our governments allow a return to normalcy or continue to instill fear and control citizens?

Is that genuinely the impression you get of BoJo? That he wants to control citizens? Why has he repeatedly held off decisions that other countries take early on that keep ending up with us having the worst stats of any european nation then?

Your witch hunt is forming a wart on your own nose.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Is that genuinely the impression you get of BoJo? That he wants to control citizens? Why has he repeatedly held off decisions that other countries take early on that keep ending up with us having the worst stats of any european nation then?

Your witch hunt is forming a wart on your own nose.
I was generalizing. Other countries have been worse than the UK in terms of lockdowns. But yes, I do think the UK government, like most governments, wants to control citizens. They can't help themselves.

The UK is below Italy, Belgium, Poland, and a number of other European nations for covid deaths per capita. Source: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

We could get into the accuracy/consistency/reporting of these stats but that's a whole other can of worms.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Got my Moderna booster this morning. Barely felt it. My shoulder is a little sore now, but, not bad. I've got tomorrow off, so, if I feel shitty for a day again, like I did after my 2nd vaccination shot, at least I don't have to go anywhere. The pharmacy had to throw away about 20 syringes, because, of course, not everyone that signed up for it actually showed up.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
The UK is below Italy, Belgium, Poland, and a number of other European nations for covid deaths per capita. Source: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Early on the UK became the worst in Europe, but slowly they have learnt some hard lessons so the picture is less bad now than it was a year plus ago.

I’m not sure what your bee in the bonnet of ‘control’ is. If everyone had unlimited freedoms, you’d have murders, rapists, paedos and Dash K like individuals running riot everywhere. So everyone accepts that as a society we need some ‘rules’, and the problems we face are how many rules we are comfortable with having to live a fairly safe and trouble free life.

Right now there is renewed focus on harsher penalties for class A drugs in the UK. This will piss off pill heads at the weekends and middle class coke heads at parties, but you could argue as a ‘greater good’ net gain to society that prohibiting class a drugs is a positive.

That doesn’t mean I personally enjoy the policy. I keep any of my own drug taking on the sly as I don’t want a criminal conviction, but as the same time I respect that as a blanket rule these things can work out to reduce harm and misery to the greater population.

Going back to Covid, I hate wearing a mask, a music gig I was supposed to go to this evening was cancelled and my local Five Guys don’t let you help yourself to peanuts anymore because of hygiene concerns. But I take all this on the chin, as these actions will reduce transmissibility of the virus which can still kill people.

I will admit my patience is starting to wear thin on people refusing to take the vaccines as they are filling hospital beds for other less preventable health problems. I’m not opposed for example to the approach Greece has proposed of charging those over 60 a fine each month they don’t take the vaccine. We have the data to prove these things are safe now so roll your fucking arm up already.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I've heard now that 1100 medical procedures per day are being delayed or canceled at a single surgical center in my home town.

My hospital staff friends are leaving in tears because they are seeing people unable to get ICU beds that would usually live. It's fucking bad here right now.