The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
It is, all injections here are routinely called jabs.

Because of this STK will now say something cruel about british food :cry:
Not cruel, just objective. Dry, bland. My grandfather occasionally liked to go to a british restaurant. Always the worst meal of the year with no close second place. British food is worse than british teeth.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
In the last 3 weeks, 1 in 3 unvaccinated new Yorkers have had a confirmed case of covid. (1 in 22 vaccinated persons).

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
My province declared yesterday that at the current trajectory, they expect essentially everyone in the province to be exposed to the new variant in about three weeks, that "prevention" is 100% a lost cause and that they're shifting to mitigating the damage and managing the load on the healthcare system instead, which I suppose I appreciate them saying since it's the reality of the situation. Anecdotally where I live, mask and vaccination uptake is pretty good so I mean there's not much that can be done really, just encouraging people to get their doses to lower the probability that they need hospitalization.

We're all catching it, just a matter of when and how bad we'll react. I genuinely think I'll be okay, but I really do worry for some of my family and it's keeping me up some nights

They presented these statistics as well (at a provincial level, not country-wide):

Partially-vaccinated people 3x less likely to be hospitalized
Fully-vaccinated people 6x less likely to be hospitalized
Boosted people 26x less likely to be hospitalized
When infected, death is 63x more likely if someone is not vaccinated

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
My province declared yesterday that at the current trajectory, they expect essentially everyone in the province to be exposed to the new variant in about three weeks, that "prevention" is 100% a lost cause and that they're shifting to mitigating the damage and managing the load on the healthcare system instead, which I suppose I appreciate them saying since it's the reality of the situation. Anecdotally where I live, mask and vaccination uptake is pretty good so I mean there's not much that can be done really, just encouraging people to get their doses to lower the probability that they need hospitalization.

We're all catching it, just a matter of when and how bad we'll react. I genuinely think I'll be okay, but I really do worry for some of my family and it's keeping me up some nights

They presented these statistics as well (at a provincial level, not country-wide):

Partially-vaccinated people 3x less likely to end up in hospital
Fully-vaccinated people 6x less likely to be hospitalized
Boosted people 26x less likely to be hospitalized
Death is 63x more likely if someone is not vaccinated
News from the future:

We're a few weeks ahead of you and from the sounds of things started from a similar point - high vaccination uptake with high booster uptake. We also seem to have given up almost entirely on the idea of even minimizing transmission.

So far, so good. Deaths remain massively below last years peak, deaths in unvaccinated people are now very rare. Hospitals are running at a third of the height of the pandemic and the feared soaring rates hasn't materialised.

The issue from omicron seems to be far more that on the chance you have to go to hospital all of the staff will be off sick isolating with covid when you get there.

Get your booster and relax dude - you'll be fine.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Not cruel, just objective. Dry, bland. My grandfather occasionally liked to go to a british restaurant. Always the worst meal of the year with no close second place. British food is worse than british teeth.
Come on, it's not that bad.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
News from the future:

We're a few weeks ahead of you and from the sounds of things started from a similar point - high vaccination uptake with high booster uptake. We also seem to have given up almost entirely on the idea of even minimizing transmission.

So far, so good. Deaths remain massively below last years peak, deaths in unvaccinated people are now very rare. Hospitals are running at a third of the height of the pandemic and the feared soaring rates hasn't materialised.

The issue from omicron seems to be far more that on the chance you have to go to hospital all of the staff will be off sick isolating with covid when you get there.

Get your booster and relax dude - you'll be fine.

Like I said, I'll be fine. I know I'll be fine.

I'd like to think my parents are healthy but I'm not sure they'll be fine with their comorbidities. One of my brothers in particular worries me the most.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Your chance of an unvaccinated person having a bad reaction to covid relatively low, but dangerous.
Are you a political writer? Work for a news organisation? How do you write this bullshit so easily?
All reactions to Sars-Cov-2 are Covid. All bad reactions are dangerous.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Come on, it's not that bad.
If you're eating worse, it must be grubs, assorted other insects, and tree bark with a tribe in the Amazon. Among first and second world countries, England is the worst by an immeasurable distance. It's like they have some kind of national boycott against flavor.

Keep in mind I'm talking about british food itself, not better food it imports from elsewhere. Although even there, England manages to do the worst version of any other country's cuisine.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Keep in mind I'm talking about british food itself, not better food it imports from elsewhere. Although even there, England manages to do the worst version of any other country's cuisine.

Woah there cowboy, that's a stretch. If you eat italian in england it will be cooked and served by Italians, born in italy. If you eat chinese their accent is going to be so strong that it's hard to understand what they're saying. If you eat indian the guy in the kitchen won't even speak English.

The main exemption from this is american food here. You're going to be getting served by a 16 year old uninterested english kid. The food will be cooked by somebody who has no experience in cooking. Why? Because american food is the most easily recreated food on earth.

Fry sum stuff. Add some poly cheese.

geladobom

War Room Troll
China is fucked up a lot by this desease. One Brazilian Astrologist said in the beggining of 2020 the vaccine made in china is not effective againt's covid-19.
Others in Europe are more effective, and look what happens.
People need to leave the houses with covid and stay in boxes in the middle of the camp without having help or any food.
People are in there without having any clue what is going to happen.
Shame on You Xi Jinping, you are a big terrorist.
I hope they get screwed very well, because they started with this and it will end like the chinese imperial movies.
Is name is Nasser Bandeira.
When someone call him a liar, the liar appears with the truth later.

Attachments

• 182817202003235e7929f1e15da-1200x900.jpg
    182817202003235e7929f1e15da-1200x900.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
UK does pretty well for a smallish country compared to USA or China on the total number of Michelin stars

I was surprised to see so many in Germany if I’m honest. German food is fine but I didn’t have them down as having a massive foodie culture. But where’s there’s money, there’s posh restaurants I guess.