The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
You're not thinking about reality. You're thinking about your lala land bullshit what-if everyone got a fair wage and could live comfortably. yes, lagduf, that would be fucking cool. But we don't live in a Utopia. let teenagers and retards and old people be cashiers. Greg should go be an electrician or some shit. Get a nice house, get real arcade cabinets.

EDIT: also don't give me that define better garbage. Better, idiot. As in higher quality. Yields a higher quality life. I don't know what the fuck else that could mean, unless you want to split hairs and consider garbage like unpaid lifestyle choices such as monkhood. Dumb argument. You know what 'better' means-- higher paying. Most 'prestigious' jobs are paid well-- at least better than a grocery store. Christ.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
You're not thinking about reality. You're thinking about your lala land bullshit what-if everyone got a fair wage and could live comfortably. yes, lagduf, that would be fucking cool. But we don't live in a Utopia. let teenagers and retards and old people be cashiers. Greg should go be an electrician or some shit. Get a nice house, get real arcade cabinets.

EDIT: also don't give me that define better garbage. Better, idiot. As in higher quality. Yields a higher quality life. I don't know what the fuck else that could mean, unless you want to split hairs and consider garbage like unpaid lifestyle choices such as monkhood. Dumb argument. You know what 'better' means-- higher paying. Most 'prestigious' jobs are paid well-- at least better than a grocery store. Christ.

Geico can't save you from sounding like your parents, but they can save you a lot of money.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Anyway I'm glad the guy who makes his kids pick records out of the trash to pay mortgage/rent and who wears shit-soaked socks is chiming in on this conversation. I fucking love this place.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Just remember who is lecturing greg about life choices.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

FredyFired

Fired up the fuck
Noob of the Year
I can't give all the details because I don't want to risk contradicting the details of the sworn statement I made (even though the statute of limitations has surely lapsed).

But I started working with this guy... And on the first Friday, he invited me up to his crib (a room in a boarding house known as Hells' Hallway) for a party.

Bunch of miscreants, underage kids and riff raff. Somebody has a pistol there. No big deal.

But what happened is that a cab driver allegedly spotted the pistol the kid was carrying... And the kid, drunk off his ass was acting strange.

The Driver thought the kid was on his way to blow my new hommie away... Sk he Called Police.

So anyways... We are having a good time. Someone goes out into the hallway to use the shared bathroom. Bunch of arguing, and somebody says something about police. Two more go out and more shouting. Finally my new hommie goes out there and more shouting. Leaving me and another kid (the one who allegedly brought the gun) in the boarding house.

Cops are screaming at us to come out. I think that they are there to fuck with us or bust up underage kids so I start screaming back. Tell them to get a warrant. I dare them to bust down the door. I don't know that they are after a gun... And believe us to be armed. So I match bravado with bravado. The cops think I'm ready to start blazing them.

Finally, the kid (who has allegedly ditched the gun in the room) says fuck it, I'm going to sleep and sits on the bed... The cops kick out the window-fan next to the bed and drag his ass out onto the balcony... Home dog still won't open the door or co-operate.

Finally after another 10 minutes, the cops decide to stop screaming. They start talking calmly so I lower my tone also. I finally get them to say why they are here.. And they say something about a gun. So I know that they will end up getting a warrant if they are after a gun... So I negotiate my way out the window without getting shot.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
IT is because they think you are stealing.

Actually this is true. Once at Target I was in self-checkout and I had some bottled water under my cart, which was the first thing I scanned.

An employee came up to me and asked if i scanned the waters, and I said yes, that was the first item I did so I wouldnt forget. But I guess she didnt believe me so then she came and looked at my screen to confirm i did.

I was pretty pissed at that point. So I slapped her and said bitch I make more in a month than you do in a year you think I am going to steal water?

Or maybe that last part isnt true. I was so mad the details are still a little hazy.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
If Greg wants higher pay he should seek it.

I won’t presume to say what he should do, that’s for him to decide.

There is nothing inherently wrong with being a cashier or any labor for that matter.

I’m still reading your posts as if you believe the work of a cashier is “beneath” GregN (and you.) There is no shame in being employed at a fair wage.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

I don’t know what you mean which is why I asked.

The only thing I’ll presume about your argument is that it is entirely in bad faith.

You wouldn’t care if Greg dropped dead tomorrow.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member

Just wanted to jump in here and say Greg should not be an electrician.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
We need to get the lot of us in a mud pit and wrestle out all this energy in our bodies. Nothing sexual at all. We just need to wrestle it out.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
We need to get the lot of us in a mud pit and wrestle out all this energy in our bodies. Nothing sexual at all. We just need to wrestle it out.
Will you wear your pink kimono and wooden sandals, Amano? I hope so.