The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Dude like half of Shanghai is about to get locked down. It’s wild.
It's crazy how a couple years ago, it seemed like this was the advantage of a totalitarian regime. They could introduce these sweeping draconian measures that while harsh, would actually solve the problem and allow people to get back to normal life faster.

But it turns out, not so much. If anything, it seems like China is further from a return to normalcy than the rest of the world. How does it seem to you, stage? Because from this outside perspective (which could be completely wrong), it seems like all China's lockdowns have done is delay the inevitable a bunch of times. Like a flu medicine that doesn't do anything to really cure it, just masks the symptoms, while the actual disease incubates and turns into pneumonia.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It's crazy how a couple years ago, it seemed like this was the advantage of a totalitarian regime. They could introduce these sweeping draconian measures that while harsh, would actually solve the problem and allow people to get back to normal life faster.

But it turns out, not so much. If anything, it seems like China is further from a return to normalcy than the rest of the world. How does it seem to you, stage? Because from this outside perspective (which could be completely wrong), it seems like all China's lockdowns have done is delay the inevitable a bunch of times. Like a flu medicine that doesn't do anything to really cure it, just masks the symptoms, while the actual disease incubates and turns into pneumonia.
Well, and it did work in 2020. Having lived through it, covid was pretty much eliminated aside from some border areas. There was a time when people rarely wore masks. I can say, at that time when there wasn't a vaccine, I supported the policy.

For whatever reason, this time it's different. Chinese people go with whatever the Party says. Even bringing up the idea that zero covid is not the best policy going forward just doesn't happen here. I am still confused how the hell a guy got covid after every restaurant being closed for a month and daily covid testing, with no one able to enter Beijing to begin with. Actually, just about everywhere was closed and work from home was implemented. How did he get covid?

Our apartment complex was unsealed on May 18th. There were still heavy restrictions, like three health code checkpoints before entering the building. Now it's locked down again because a guy visited a place that the infected went to.

I mean, after two and a half years, this is the best they came up with? Continue to close everything and lock people down? As long as Chinese are ignorant to the outside world and believe covid is a death sentence, then they will comply.

Man. All I can say is I'm glad I made the most of my time riding my bike everywhere and going out everyday while I could. Got some great pictures.

Anyway, wife went to live with her sister so she can go to work and get paid. I'm here with the dog. After months of sobriety, 4L RageStage might reappear.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Mother fucking US Open has made commuting to work a nightmare. Took me 90 minutes to get in the morning yesterday and nearly 2 hours on the way home.

Taking the train instead of driving today. If I get covid i’m suing Tiger Woods or whatever other asshole golfers are playing today.

Fuck golf. Fuck it even more than covid.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Waiting at the train station. 2 people talking.

- Nice weather today.
- It’s beautiful!
- It’s been so nice. Maybe we can put that global warming nonsense to rest.

Fuck riding the train. I haven’t even gotten on it yet but I already feel filthy.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Waiting at the train station. 2 people talking.

- Nice weather today.
- It’s beautiful!
- It’s been so nice. Maybe we can put that global warming nonsense to rest.

Fuck riding the train. I haven’t even gotten on it yet but I already feel filthy.
Take a day off, go play some golf.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Sitting on the train. I can actually feel my body getting attacked. How the fuck do people willfully use public transportation?

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Sitting on the train. I can actually feel my body getting attacked. How the fuck do people willfully use public transportation?
Some of us use it on a daily basis. Much cheaper than driving a car these days but it's not for everyone.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
How the fuck do people willfully use public transportation?
Headphones, 100%. Music for me and internet on my phone, but I know people also listen to these things called podcasts. Or audio books.

Or, you can be a real cool moe, and get a Game Boy :cool:

The Chinese portable hack M bought with a couple thousand games is nice too.

On topic: unsealed now. WTF. This policy is fucking retarded. Nothing makes sense.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Some of us use it on a daily basis. Much cheaper than driving a car these days but it's not for everyone.

I know pal. I’m just being dramatic just for the sake of posting something to up my post count. :D

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Headphones, 100%. Music for me and internet on my phone, but I know people also listen to these things called podcasts. Or audio books.

Or, you can be a real cool moe, and get a Game Boy :cool:

The Chinese portable hack M bought with a couple thousand games is nice too.

On topic: unsealed now. WTF. This policy is fucking retarded. Nothing makes sense.

Still got my gb micro which at this point is essentially a dedicated f-zero machine. :vik:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

In the US? They’re either poor or they live in one of the few cities that have spent money on functioning public transportation.

The rest of us drive cars because there is no other option.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Finally got the cove.

Been vaccinated 3 times, i felt pretty rough yesterday so i got tested today at a clinic. 5 days of isolation and we'll see how things go.

I feel like I ate a weed wacker, but i can still taste/smell and breath decently so i don't feel this will last long. Still pretty rough though

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Well, and it did work in 2020. Having lived through it, covid was pretty much eliminated aside from some border areas. There was a time when people rarely wore masks. I can say, at that time when there wasn't a vaccine, I supported the policy.

For whatever reason, this time it's different. Chinese people go with whatever the Party says. Even bringing up the idea that zero covid is not the best policy going forward just doesn't happen here. I am still confused how the hell a guy got covid after every restaurant being closed for a month and daily covid testing, with no one able to enter Beijing to begin with. Actually, just about everywhere was closed and work from home was implemented. How did he get covid?

Our apartment complex was unsealed on May 18th. There were still heavy restrictions, like three health code checkpoints before entering the building. Now it's locked down again because a guy visited a place that the infected went to.

I mean, after two and a half years, this is the best they came up with? Continue to close everything and lock people down? As long as Chinese are ignorant to the outside world and believe covid is a death sentence, then they will comply.

Man. All I can say is I'm glad I made the most of my time riding my bike everywhere and going out everyday while I could. Got some great pictures.

Anyway, wife went to live with her sister so she can go to work and get paid. I'm here with the dog. After months of sobriety, 4L RageStage might reappear.
Is it possible these lockdowns and restrictions have a dual purpose and are part of a war preparation strategy?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Covid cases are rising in my county; local TV and radio stations are warning to exercise caution and wear masks again. I took a walk downtown earlier, there was a parade, hundreds of people were on the streets watching, and I was the only one wearing a mask, so...success?🤣

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
My son's friend had an Allstars tournament for baseball and his whole team got covid. Now they have to pay for and host a week long tournament, but won't be able to play in it.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
My son's friend had an Allstars tournament for baseball and his whole team got covid. Now they have to pay for and host a week long tournament, but won't be able to play in it.
If kids are vaccinated what's the issue?