The Delicious Big Hunk of Shit Console & Greasy Food Thread

christoph

Hardened Shock Trooper
I'm trying to understand the hatred and insulting...I know there is a history of scammers on this website, but I'd think since I've been around for 4 years (and longer on other retro forums) and have nothing but positive feedback from customers - that these kind of assumptions would be ridiculous.

It's a teaser. It's simply introducing the idea before its full, official release. All of the information has not been given because its a teaser...It's inherent in what it is. Allegations of dishonesty, empty promises and anything else are just flatly absurd. Every detail will be laid out completely and transparently...as always. There is no evidence to suggest it would be any other way, only the opposite.

In regards to prices and materials: we produce higher end products, it's as simple as that. All of our current Neo products are entirely handmade. This takes an enormous amount of time and it's something we do out of passion and a respect for craftsmanship. It's ok if a wooden Neo is not your thing...really. But - whether or not its worth the price it's sold for, isn't up for debate. I firmly stand by its value. Either way, I'm well aware that its an expensive item. I like the idea of 'buy less, but more quality'. I'd rather save up and buy something that's exceptionally well made, that'll be cherished forever. I hope this helps explain the perspective that I'm coming from with these products. "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Ultimately, and frankly...it's pretty simple...if you don't like wood or aluminum...or the price...or you'd rather have a different CMVS or NES solution...or mod one yourself...thats ok! Fortunately there are a ton of smart and talented modders as well as other people making really cool things too (like the Omega). The retro community is only growing and every time a new mod, product or new discovery gets released, I'm completely stoked! We all have our own take on these things...and their available to everyone just the same.

I love the Neo forums and have made a ton of friends here but what confuses me is why some people have to act with hatred...insulting and bullying other members...posting ridiculously vulgar things. It's turns a really cool website for meaningful conversation about the things we love into a place where fewer and fewer people speak up because they think they are going to get bullied and stepped on. Why this kind of thing is continuously unmoderated remains a mystery to me.

christoph

Hardened Shock Trooper
@Teddy KGB, Shroom, DonBurgundy, Skips

Wood is tacky!?!? See I think that is absolutely crazy haha! Comparing an item that is entirely hand crafted from hand picked wood to mass produced veneer panels on a station wagon is, if I may say so, not a good comparison.

Walnut is one of the most beautiful things in the world to me...every single detail is stunning. Ash too - thick, heavy grains and when ebonized, creates a beautiful clean, varying pattern and luster. One of the best things about wood is that every piece is unique which results in each set being completely unique.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Yeah walnut gives me a semi too eveytime I come near it. lol wooden video game console.

You gonna reveal some tech specs at some point or are you going to keep beating around the bush like a faggot?

Last edited:

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member

Wood is tacky!?!? See I think that is absolutely crazy haha! Comparing an item that is entirely hand crafted from hand picked wood to mass produced veneer panels on a station wagon is, if I may say so, not a good comparison.

Walnut is one of the most beautiful things in the world to me...every single detail is stunning. Ash too - thick, heavy grains and when ebonized, creates a beautiful clean, varying pattern and luster. One of the best things about wood is that every piece is unique which results in each set being completely unique.

@me? I was just commenting on the "Family Truckster"... you know, the station wagon in the great Chevy Chase flick Vacation? Watch it... I care not about whatever else is being discussed here. :D

DonBurgundy

NEST Puppet

I don't question your craftsmanship or the unique qualities of quality handcrafted wood, but that light brown wood reminds me of the 70's and tacky interior designs, carpet floors, and wood station wagons full of muppets lol. Like I told Shroom, I like the black ash and any other black woods. Since the Neo Geo AES is black and it matches the color of all my other modern AV components and video game consoles, I would go with the black wood CMVS.

I'm certainly not trying to bash you or your work, I just think these jokes and memes are genuinely hilarious. The aggressive nature of this forum is to be expected at all times I've found in my little time here.

As far as your new project goes, I like the idea of having a famicom and FDS compatibility. I'm also interested in the same questions being asked by this community and others, What will it be priced at and are you hunting down and sacrificing Nintendo hardware for this?

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'm trying to understand the hatred and insulting...I know there is a history of scammers on this website, but I'd think since I've been around for 4 years (and longer on other retro forums) and have nothing but positive feedback from customers - that these kind of assumptions would be ridiculous.

It's a teaser. It's simply introducing the idea before its full, official release. All of the information has not been given because its a teaser...It's inherent in what it is. Allegations of dishonesty, empty promises and anything else are just flatly absurd. Every detail will be laid out completely and transparently...as always. There is no evidence to suggest it would be any other way, only the opposite.

In regards to prices and materials: we produce higher end products, it's as simple as that. All of our current Neo products are entirely handmade. This takes an enormous amount of time and it's something we do out of passion and a respect for craftsmanship. It's ok if a wooden Neo is not your thing...really. But - whether or not its worth the price it's sold for, isn't up for debate. I firmly stand by its value. Either way, I'm well aware that its an expensive item. I like the idea of 'buy less, but more quality'. I'd rather save up and buy something that's exceptionally well made, that'll be cherished forever. I hope this helps explain the perspective that I'm coming from with these products. "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Ultimately, and frankly...it's pretty simple...if you don't like wood or aluminum...or the price...or you'd rather have a different CMVS or NES solution...or mod one yourself...thats ok! Fortunately there are a ton of smart and talented modders as well as other people making really cool things too (like the Omega). The retro community is only growing and every time a new mod, product or new discovery gets released, I'm completely stoked! We all have our own take on these things...and their available to everyone just the same.

I love the Neo forums and have made a ton of friends here but what confuses me is why some people have to act with hatred...insulting and bullying other members...posting ridiculously vulgar things. It's turns a really cool website for meaningful conversation about the things we love into a place where fewer and fewer people speak up because they think they are going to get bullied and stepped on. Why this kind of thing is continuously unmoderated remains a mystery to me.

Freedom of speech and self governing...this is why the NG forums is basically the only place I will openly talk about anything. Most sites are so heavily moderated that they plain suck...NG is perfect the way it is.

People here, the veterans, will navigate the "fagotry" and read past it. Trolls are trolls, bullies are bullies. Those that get butthurt won't make it long here...the rest get used to it and love this place.

In the middle of the rants and insults is a semi productive thread...just ignore the haters and move past it (or...quite this place like so many do).

Either way...NG forums is great...and free (free as in non-suppressed). Please don't try to change it.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member

I'm glad you responded Christoph.

What you probably should come to realize is that you are free to think you do a great service for the Neo community, I'm also equally to free to think that you are scumbag piece of shit.

You contribute nothing to the community. Yes you sell a product that some people (IDIOTS!) want. So I'm certain you think based on that alone, that you are some important contributor. You aren't. You're the new version of KPJ...Version 2.0.

By all means continue dressing up this aluminum NES/Famicom as something being done for altruistic reasons (IT'S NOT!). I think you are simply trying to chase after a new revenue stream as the supply of 1 slot MVS boards continues to dwindle down. Instead of limiting yourself to a small market, you think selling this NES console will open you to a much wider market...that became clear with the exposure you got over on IGN.

Did you pay for that puff piece article, or did you slobber all over the cock of the fat slob journo who wrote the article? Maybe dinner and a fuck afterwards?

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I get that wood isn't for everyone. For me, after owning multiple hack job 1 and 2 slot CMVS's ($200-300), then a decent looking one w/plastic enclosure ($500) i'm extremely pleased with my AI CMVS. For those who haven't seen one up close - they really are impressive. Anyone who has done any real woodworking knows the toughest parts and where projects go from legit to crap, is the finishing. I was hesitant to put down that money on something like this - lots of items look cool in pics (painted consoles, etc) and then you get them up close and there are drips, runs, chips, mars, streaks...the finish is tacky / sticky, there are burrs. AV inputs are hacked and off-center, etc. I can't emphasize enough the quality of them, truly. They are quite big and heavy and have a feel of quality. Price point is what it is - let's not pretend Chris and his staff aren't making money - of course they are; they are a business.

Like a business, Chris is subject to the same critique and criticism as is NG Dev, Hu-Cast, Shadow, etc. It's tough to walk the line of forum member and businessman. My opinion, cdamm walks that line well, but it's tough. Christoph is probably more business oriented than forum oriented at this point but being realistic, that's probably a choice that needs to be made in order to be really successful - otherwise it's just a hobby.

I'm interested in this product and I'm sure Chris knows fully well that if the product is not what it's hyped to be, then he's going to hear about it both from members and from consumers.

If the product was only being promoted on this forum - then Chris would do himself a favor forgetting the idea of it being a "teaser" because frankly, it's pissing people off. That said, hype was and still somewhat is building on other forums and gaming sites. Hype generates interest and gets more folks talking which ultimately is what is going to drive units.

christoph

Hardened Shock Trooper
@DangerousK

Everything just stated is a smear, or an insult. You are putting words in my mouth...I didn't say anything about being an 'important contributor' or 'doing a great service for the Neo community'. Secondly, MV1Cs are not in low supply... there are more available than I could ever use. Every assumption, allegation and smear you've stated...flatly ridiculous and not true.

The way you choose to communicate is beyond offensive. I remain completely dumbfounded as to where your or anyone elses hate and anger is coming from.

@smokehouse

The reality is that the lack of moderation results in exactly what this thread has turned into... flaming, spamming, swearing, insulting...it results in an oppressive environment where people feel they can't speak up. This is proven by the repeated private messages I continue to receive on this website from members in regards to this thread. That and when anyone else speaks up against the mob of bullies, they get slammed down with a homophobic slur, an insult or some other vulgar treatment.

Last edited:

christoph

Hardened Shock Trooper
@mjmjr25

Cheers Mike, I appreciate the sentiment. In regards to the teaser pissing people off...the only people reacting this way are a very few here in this thread.

This thread has little to do with the Nt at this point, it's merely a typical vulgar flame thread serving as entertainment. I have absolutely no interest in engaging or participating in things like this.

Last edited:

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member

If you ever get bored of Ash or Walnut, try fucking Teak. Gives me wood (ha, get it!?) just thinking about it/chatting to another wood enthusiast about it.

christoph

Hardened Shock Trooper
@Markell1991 Yeah! Teak is amazing too, totally agree. I was actually just made aware of a locally available beautiful lot of Teak recently...would love to build some units with it.

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I have been thrilled with the quality of my black ash cmvs and the stick as well. Release the details Chris, and things will settle down at least for a short while.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Just coming in to give my two cents.

I was slammed pretty hard when I got here in a way. I didnt know how things worked here and let´s just say I received a custom naked rot avatar and plenty of shit.
But then. If I want to say "fuck" here, I can just say it, I can vent and I can say anything I want without a fear of draconian moderation. This is the only fucking place where I can speak freely. Do not try to change this.

Christoph: Here, you will get the true opinions that you might not get elsewhere. You should cherish them. You should value the insults as much as you should value the people who really like your products. You can not and will not please everyone here but you will get business. And that is what should count. You will get feedback and yes you will get shit but you will also get constructive feedback, you just have to browse through the shit.

You should not be surprised if people are annoyed at not getting answers to their questions and people should not be surprised at you not answering them. I´m sure you have valid business reasons at not being totally transparent about everything quite yet. But come on, man up and toughen your wood shell. I´m sure you can handle a few insults from a few regulars here. It´s the norm here. Welcome to neo-fucking-geo.com

christoph

Hardened Shock Trooper
@bradtemple87 cheers Brad, thanks for the sentiment.

@Mendel Unfortunately 'you are a scumbag piece of shit' and 'did you slobber all over the cock of the fat slob journo who wrote the article? Maybe dinner and a fuck afterwards?' is not constructive feedback, nor is any other comment of that nature.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
@Mendel Unfortunately 'you are a scumbag piece of shit' and 'did you slobber all over the cock of the fat slob journo who wrote the article? Maybe dinner and a fuck afterwards?' is not constructive feedback, nor is any other comment of that nature.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Medaka350

n00b

You should make a vid where it shows the systems being made. aka the wood working part of it.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student

I was just making a joke. I love wood furniture, all my furniture is oak or walnut. Personally I do think wood is a bit over the top for things like game systems however my post was just a harmless joke and not really intended as a stab. Don't take everything you see so personal. You should know by now you are going to get jokes like this on this forum.

DangerousK

20 Year Member
@DangerousK

Everything just stated is a smear, or an insult. You are putting words in my mouth...I didn't say anything about being an 'important contributor' or 'doing a great service for the Neo community'. Secondly, MV1Cs are not in low supply... there are more available than I could ever use. Every assumption, allegation and smear you've stated...flatly ridiculous and not true.

The way you choose to communicate is beyond offensive. I remain completely dumbfounded as to where your or anyone elses hate and anger is coming from.

@smokehouse

The reality is that the lack of moderation results in exactly what this thread has turned into... flaming, spamming, swearing, insulting...it results in an oppressive environment where people feel they can't speak up. This is proven by the repeated private messages I continue to receive on this website from members in regards to this thread. That and when anyone else speaks up against the mob of bullies, they get slammed down with a homophobic slur, an insult or some other vulgar treatment.

LOL

This is how I know you are here for no other reason than to make money. Since you have a join date of March 2010, and still have zero fucking clue how this forum has operated, it tells me you rarely venture outside of the selling forum.

Quickly perusing your started topics tells me almost every thread you have created has been in one of the selling sections.

There is even this awesome topic where admit to never having played a MVS or AES, and have to ask about what you should buy for it.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?218458-First-Time-Neo-Geo-AES-Owner-what-to-get

3 1/2 years later you sell wooden CMVS consoles for a small sum (yes that was tongue-in-cheek in case you weren't sure).

So again my larger point is, YOU HAVE CONTRIBUTED NOT ONE FUCKING THING to this site that doesn't actually benefit you in some way. Your NES is a continuation of that. This site is just a dumping ground for whatever you need/want to sell and purchase.

Great, you're a leaching piece of shit.

Sorry for offending your delicate sensibilities shithead.

DangerousK

20 Year Member

christoph

Hardened Shock Trooper
Continuously smearing, lying and insulting...putting words into my mouth.

Nowhere in that thread did I "admit to never having played a MVS or AES". Even if that was true, so what? It was a thread talking about the best Neo games...isn't that what a website dedicated to the Neo is all about? I would post the same thread today...because I like to talk about the things I love.

I'm more of a lurker on forums than poster... I love the resource of information and of course there is no better place to find games and hardware than the retro forum marketplaces.

In regards to the other websites.. yes, I am a member of virtually every other retro site. I post on those more frequently than Neo because of exactly what you are doing now...smearing, lying and insulting. A complete waste of time and no value to anybody except the entertainment you and a few others derive from it.

I remain dumbfounded as to what you are trying to do other than trying to get a reaction for entertainment.

I didn't realize we were having a contest for "biggest contribution to the community". Did I ever say this?

Last edited:

christoph

Hardened Shock Trooper
Since this thread is going to remain unmoderated and continuously sink lower and lower... I'm not interested in responding to utterly disturbing and twisted comments. It's a waste of energy and serves absolutely no purpose other than entertaining those that I'm responding to. For everybody who has been interested: feel free to come over to any of the other threads on other forums where members respect each other.