The Delicious Big Hunk of Shit Console & Greasy Food Thread

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
One more thing... I don´t get it why sacrificing nes consoles is much of a problem at all. I just honestly don´t. Is it some important matter of principle to you? I mean... Let´s be practical. I would understand if he was saccing playchoice 10 mobos or something rare but come on. NES is one of the best selling consoles ever. It´s like raping and sacrificing rabbits. May not be nice but nobody is actually going to notice a drastic drop in bunny population. These things are everywhere.

It´s not like these are going to be manufactured on a conveyor belt. What is he going to sell... like 100... lets be generous and say 200 consoles a year. so thats 10000 consoles in 50 years. what is there 100 million nes consoles? So he´s going to exhaust 0.01 percent of all nes consoles ppus and cpus during his lifetime if he keeps selling 200 of these every year until he dies. And he´s not going to get them from the prying hands of kids playing nes consoles either. Why would you want old nes consoles collecting dust in some warehouse rather than using them to make a new product that some idiots want?

And what is the alternative to saccing... what he could do? Software emulation? Some kind of arm controller? Would you be happier with that? I bet if it used any emulation you would all be sniping about that... I would as well.

What he also needs is for people to no longer rationalize/justify his ridiculousness. He's outright lying about some features (stereo audio), playing a shell game with others (sac systems? who me? nahhhh), and it just gets worse and worse. Partial support is *still* support.

You are right. I won´t edit out what I said but I take it all back. Fuck this product and fuck you chris. I´m done.

Last edited:

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
One more thing... I don´t get it why sacrificing nes consoles is much of a problem at all. I just honestly don´t. Is it some important matter of principle to you? I mean... Let´s be practical. I would understand if he was saccing playchoice 10 mobos or something rare but come on. NES is one of the best selling consoles ever. It´s like raping and sacrificing rabbits. May not be nice but nobody is actually going to notice a drastic drop in bunny population. These things are everywhere.

It´s not like these are going to be manufactured on a conveyor belt. What is he going to sell... like 100... lets be generous and say 200 consoles a year. so thats 10000 consoles in 50 years. what is there 100 million nes consoles? So he´s going to exhaust 0.01 percent of all nes consoles ppus and cpus during his lifetime if he keeps selling 200 of these every year until he dies. And he´s not going to get them from the prying hands of kids playing nes consoles either. Why would you want old nes consoles collecting dust in some warehouse rather than using them to make a new product that some idiots want?

And what is the alternative to saccing... what he could do? Software emulation? Some kind of arm controller? Would you be happier with that? I bet if it used any emulation you would all be sniping about that... I would as well.

The alternative is to just use the damn RGB PCB in the legit console. Everything he is doing can be achieved with mod work, without killing FC/NES PCB's. The NES PCB did not need to be redesigned since the new kit has 0 video interference (has flawless RGB). As for clean audio you just need to rebuild the sound circuit. There was seriously no reason to destroy legit boards.

And if you have not seen it yet here you go - http://etim.net.au/nesrgb/

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
watch out people, Man-children everywhere with $$$ to spend will buy these up, then spend $$$ on shitty games that were mere pennies two months ago. This will cause the "VALUE" to skyrocket on both games AND consoles.

Ninty fans, welcome to the MVS BONE-ZONE.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
I'll stick with my NES RF setup thank you.

Same here. I don't know who this product would appeal to except the most hardcore of collectors and perfectionists.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Is it just me, or is HDMI compatibility on a fucking NES arbitrary as fuck?? REALLY. Let's think about that one.

On the upside, all this NES/FC killing has made me want to get an OG NES. Just to save it from any potential harm.

-Beff

PS: Christoph, you are a bastard man.

Medaka350

n00b
I noticed regular RGB modded NES prices skyrocketed up within the last few months.
They used to sell for under $300, now they're $400, so this $499 price isn't that far off.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
I noticed regular RGB modded NES prices skyrocketed up within the last few months.
They used to sell for under $300, now they're $400, so this $499 price isn't that far off.

No those are assholes overcharging as well. If you want an RGB NES simply wait until Tim has more boards in, order one, and pay a modder to do it for you. Depending on whos doing the work you can seriously land an RGB NES for under $300. An RGB NES is not worth $400.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah, they've probably skyrocketed simply because the supply of RGB boards has been nonexistent for a while.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Don't forget, the NES is chic to collect for these days. Thousands upon thousands of dumb people with too much money want NES right now and in RGB (with an HDMI upscaler). Because NESRGB Boards are in short supply, the value goes up significantly.

Those same people are why so many NES (and SNES) games are so expensive.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
watch out people, Man-children everywhere with $$$ to spend will buy these up, then spend $$$ on shitty games that were mere pennies two months ago. This will cause the "VALUE" to skyrocket on both games AND consoles.

Ninty fans, welcome to the MVS BONE-ZONE.

good thing wehave flash carts

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Guys some clarifications:

- Every single component on the Nt is brand new except for the original PPU and CPU. Yes every controller port, famicom expansion port as well as everything else is brand new.
- The $49 controllers are brand new OEM NES controllers. They are not used.
- The HDMI Adapter is not a 'cheap scaler' it was developed specifically for the Nt - I can assure you that it won't disappoint
- Every order does include an AV Cable. It includes: Analogue Nt System, AC Adapter, AV Cable
- No delays were created for NESRGBs, or any other item...I really have no idea why that would be the case

Go fuck yourself.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
warning, nsfw
Spoiler:

2juk.png

Last edited: