The IGS PGM Part 10 - DoDonPachi DaiOhJou Black Label - 5/17

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I will die on this hill because I firmly believe the following...this is AS GOOD as Street Fighter Alpha 2/3 and BETTER then SF 3

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Jesus Christ
Motw looks better than 3S's animation

I've really heard it all now

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
You've probably never heard of the game.
/Usual patronising talk
My brothers peer review all my videos before they go up, and someone once had me add, "As you may already know," before one of my sentences. And the writing is better for it.

It's always safer to write for the lowest common denominator on Youtube, but it's better not to talk down to them in case you do get a knowledgable viewer.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
My brothers peer review all my videos before they go up, and someone once had me add, "As you may already know," before one of my sentences. And the writing is better for it.

It's always safer to write for the lowest common denominator on Youtube, but it's better not to talk down to them in case you do get a knowledgable viewer.
I am starting to wonder if its kernow who sends me the monthly death threats via email (no...I am not lol)

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Nah, I find the severely wrong opinions and overhyping of literally anything entertaining
I am printing my fav death threat today and adding it to my wall of accomplishments (movie posters, media passes, olympic credentials (not an athlete) and favorite hotel keys) as they seriously make me laugh

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Cool vid man. I'd love to get a copy of MM but it's gone out of my pocket size, unfortunately. I recenly bought SVG (PCB version) and waiting for delivery.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Who's sending you death threats over videos for a tiny subscription base? I'd love to know the schizoid argument for the emails

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Who's sending you death threats over videos for a tiny subscription base? I'd love to know the schizoid argument for the emails
threefold reason 1) I reviewed a game well that they HATE 2) I am apparently driving up prices on games and mostly c) I release betas for free and put pressure on other people to stop hoarding.

I dunno about point 2 but on point 3...yeah I do that lolol. I always give shit away for free and say "everyone else should too"

is that a reason for threats? Fuck no! But they keep coming. I mean I do not give the slightest of fucks...I laugh at them...but I do feel bad for others who might be more susceptible to these types of "you should kill yourself" threats...because some people are hanging on by a thread and who knows what will tip the scales

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Ah those fuckers are just pissed that they cant get a MvsC2 full set up for $10 anymore.

I know you already do so it doesn't need to be said but - ignore em. :)

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Ah those fuckers are just pissed that they cant get a MvsC2 full set up for $10 anymore.

I know you already do so it doesn't need to be said but - ignore em. :)
haha I never respond and it does not bother me...but I seriously did print one for my wall. Weird sense of humor I guess but it's up there on the wall with the rest of shit I like to look at and remind me what I've done in life so far!

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
You can see how choppy the animation is
To be fair it looks a bit better irl.

I enjoyed this game quite a lot but not enough to keep. Like all PGM games it's basically the poor mans version of ____________. My real problem with it again like other PGM stuff is it feels very generic and the characters are lacking in any real charm and personality compared to the big boys at SNK and Capcom. it plays well enough but it's just kind of blah.

I certainly wouldn't spend big money on it though. It's another mediocre game with an aura of mystery around it that people seem to confuse with being a great game. Like Dolphin Blue, Demon Front etc.

It's pretty apparent that most people in this hobby can't tell the difference between a great game and a game that looks like it could be halfway decent.

Sitting down with the rom for a couple hours and really getting into these games should be enough for anyone to tell that they are B tier. But it seems most collectards would rather just watch highlight videos and jump on the hype train so they can psych themselves up to justify dropping the money. It's a form of delusion which enables them to keep spending lots of money on games that don't deserve it.

Is this game a hidden gem? Yeah. Is it Garou or 3rd Strike level? lol not by a country mile.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Martial Master is a great game especially if you are more experienced in fighting games. Lots of depth if you explore the combo system with its command normals and vism sf3 comboes. It borrows a lot of systems from other games and combines it into one.

I still consider it Chinese Third Strike. A ambitious attempt at a fighting game by borrowing mechanics from other known ones.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
threefold reason 1) I reviewed a game well that they HATE 2) I am apparently driving up prices on games and mostly c) I release betas for free and put pressure on other people to stop hoarding.

I dunno about point 2 but on point 3...yeah I do that lolol. I always give shit away for free and say "everyone else should too"

is that a reason for threats? Fuck no! But they keep coming. I mean I do not give the slightest of fucks...I laugh at them...but I do feel bad for others who might be more susceptible to these types of "you should kill yourself" threats...because some people are hanging on by a thread and who knows what will tip the scales

That’s nuts! The only reasons why anyone should send you a death threat are:

Trying as hard as possible to talk without breathing and then editing out the breaths you did take.

Making a content-free thread every time you make a video

And of course for trying to click bait us with ridiculous statements about the quality of Street Fighter versus whatever this thing is.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
That’s nuts! The only reasons why anyone should send you a death threat are:

Trying as hard as possible to talk without breathing and then editing out the breaths you did take.

Making a content-free thread every time you make a video

And of course for trying to click bait us with ridiculous statements about the quality of Street Fighter versus whatever this thing is.
On
Every
Single
Gaming
Forum

No other channel does this, it's annoying as fuck. Other forums said "keep it in one thread ffs"

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Martial Master is a great game especially if you are more experienced in fighting games. Lots of depth if you explore the combo system with its command normals and vism sf3 comboes. It borrows a lot of systems from other games and combines it into one.

I still consider it Chinese Third Strike. A ambitious attempt at a fighting game by borrowing mechanics from other known ones.
lol Taiwan may want a word with you for calling it "Chinese Third Strike"

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Okay I watched the video, I forgot just how terrible the character designs are.

If you think those designs are good you're out of your mind. The Chinese don't seem to understand the fundamental aspects of what makes a character appealing. Just generic goofy trash that wouldn't even make it past the first round of rough concepts at a real company.

If you can't see how apparent it is that something is off by looking at that roster of boring knockoff chuds I don't know what to tell you. You can't just take Terry, Alex and the dude from Rival Schools and put them in a blender. That just leaves you with the worst aspects of all of them.

Scorpion is one of the stupidest looking characters in any fighter ever. Like something a 12 year old would think up high on energy drinks at a lunch table discussion with his goober friends.

Edit: Also I agree with kern, I count 3 separate active threads for these videos. That's ridiculous.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Okay I watched the video, I forgot just how terrible the character designs are.

If you think those designs are good you're out of your mind. The Chinese don't seem to understand the fundamental aspects of what makes a character appealing. Just generic goofy trash that wouldn't even make it past the first round of rough concepts at a real company.

If you can't see how apparent it is that something is off by looking at that roster of boring knockoff chuds I don't know what to tell you. You can't just take Terry, Alex and the dude from Rival Schools and put them in a blender. That just leaves you with the worst aspects of all of them.

Scorpion is one of the stupidest looking characters in any fighter ever. Like something a 12 year old would think up high on energy drinks at a lunch table discussion with his goober friends.

Edit: Also I agree with kern, I count 3 separate active threads for these videos. That's ridiculous.
lol Scorpion is the worst designed character in a fighting game ever? How bout the MK Scorpion and the palette swap Sub Zero. or Reptile...or whatever other color they threw at that character

or maybe design is subjective and what does it for me doesn't do it for you? and maybe "kinda does it" for someone else

I'd make one thread if I could change the title after X days. Next time I do a series I will just not put a title so I can use one. Easy!

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
lol Scorpion is the worst designed character in a fighting game ever? How bout the MK Scorpion and the palette swap Sub Zero. or Reptile...or whatever other color they threw at that character

or maybe design is subjective and what does it for me doesn't do it for you? and maybe "kinda does it" for someone else

I'd make one thread if I could change the title after X days. Next time I do a series I will just not put a title so I can use one. Easy!
Yeah but the MK guys were aping Cannon ninja and JCVD movies NOT Third Strike, Alpha 3 and Garou. They were also dorky Americans with horrible taste, that shit is intentionally cheesy.

The character designs in MM are objectively poor. They're awkward knockoffs of already derivative characters. They didn't even bother to give them good names. There is zero personality or originality to be had. Fuck even the title is as generic as it gets.

Again I don't think it's a terrible game it's just nothing special. I'd put it in the same category as Breakers Revenge, WW7 or Kiruna etc. and while MM has better gameplay those games all have 10x the personality.

I'll leave it at that.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Almost all the characters seem to be references to once upon a time in china, drunken master, and operation scorpio. Even their names. The game certainly has that Qing dynasty aesthic which is hit or miss. It works a lot better in gladiator.

There are a few stinks in the cast like Scorpion, Ghost Kick but I do like the designs for Red Snake, Crane (not chun-li), Saojin, Tiger, Reika and even the main character Master Huang.

Music kinda sucks though.