The IGS PGM Part 10 - DoDonPachi DaiOhJou Black Label - 5/17

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Almost all the characters seem to be references to once upon a time in china, drunken master, and operation scorpio. Even their names. The game certainly has that Qing dynasty aesthic which is hit or miss. It works a lot better in gladiator.

There are a few stinks in the cast like Scorpion, Ghost Kick but I do like the designs for Red Snake, Crane (not chun-li), Saojin, Tiger, Reika and even the main character Master Huang.

Music kinda sucks though.
I don’t get the hate for Scorpion

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Bacon dude, keep doing your reviews. I enjoy them. But please, there's no way you really believe that MOTW is animated better than 3s? I mean, c'mon. Also, this game eats ass compared to those two. It's an ok game.

Last edited:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
In today's news, a bomb blows up things and use it before you die. You get better at games the more you play them. And my bootleg is cheap because I failed to mention it's not the original format.
and Kernow comments with his dislike...all predictable lol

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
In today's news, a bomb blows up things and use it before you die. You get better at games the more you play them. And my bootleg is cheap because I failed to mention it's not the original format.

Kernow is right @awbacon , the ESPGaluda, Ketsui, and DDP are all boot carts, right?

I watch your vids, mr bacon. I'll give you a thumbs up next time.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Boot / repros. Mine are repros.
I keep the three Cave carts at the end of the shelf because they're of course repros. The labels most people make don't fit with the rest of the PGM library, so I just trimmed, cleaned up and re-glued the labels sheepnova sent with the carts. They look better to me.

Attachments

• IMG_20220429_110840.jpg
    IMG_20220429_110840.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 9

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
It doesn't really matter to me which you call them. Either way they obviously aren't original.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Yeah but a lot of people don't know that.

They assume they're conversions like CPS2 or that they're legit because when they go to wikipedia or whatever it says released on PGM hardware. Not released as standalone PCBs based on the PGM.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Damn the hate for Bacon going on here. Who gives a damn if he’s playing bootleg carts for vids that are informational in nature? A majority of the video game content channels are using emulation to film the gameplay.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Damn the hate for Bacon going on here. Who gives a damn if he’s playing bootleg carts for vids that are informational in nature? A majority of the video game content channels are using emulation to film the gameplay.
I don't care that he's not using the PCBs. I don't own the PCBs anymore, it's not about elitism.

I do care when people refer to bootlegs as conversions or that these specific games are somehow legit because it's on PGM hardware to somehow legitimize them. Especially when it leads people to believe that they can just go buy a real Ketsui for $100.

I actually just had this conversation with a friend who recently got into arcade stuff and he was confused by the cheap Cave boots thinking that they were somehow licensed re-releases. That's the problem.

Does he really post these fucking threads on a bunch of other forums? Man that is fucking sad. Really hate these fucking threads, dont know why you cant just keep it all in one thread.

Feels like we are constantly being beaten with your damn self advertising. Also fuck your bootlegs, thats what they are, fucking bootleg trash.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Out of pure curiosity, do these carts not play the same as the actual boards? Is the slow down the same or are there differences? I have the carts but don’t own a pgm mobo at the moment. I’ve never played originals of these games. I would have imagined they gotta be damn near identical for the most part.

I’m real close to offloading a lot of my arcade boards. Mister/emulation is damn near good enough for me.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Does he really post these fucking threads on a bunch of other forums? Man that is fucking sad. Really hate these fucking threads, dont know why you cant just keep it all in one thread.
Of course he must, he doesn't post anywhere else here. Same goes for the monkeys in the collection thread forum, no effort spared to splash themselves here for net points.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
They're not reproductions.

They were never released as carts.

They're bootlegs.
bootlegs to me sound like games that use sac carts. Conversions feel like the new pcb layout

but I am sure half the people in this thread will argue that point so? lol

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
My point was just to highlight how people tend to classify bootlegging as noble if it's not churned out of a factory when it's the exact same thing. I don't give a damn about using teh booties especially considering it's 30 to 40 year old shit... In fact copyright law could use a term reduction.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Out of pure curiosity, do these carts not play the same as the actual boards? Is the slow down the same or are there differences? I have the carts but don’t own a pgm mobo at the moment. I’ve never played originals of these games. I would have imagined they gotta be damn near identical for the most part.

I’m real close to offloading a lot of my arcade boards. Mister/emulation is damn near good enough for me.
The answer is buried in the PGM conversions thread on another forum. Basically they play identical, but with better sound clarity. Just less muffled, with better equalization, presumably due to different sound circuits.