The IGS PGM - Part 5 - The Gladiator - 4/12

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Who cares if they sac a bunch of shitty KOV carts to make Ketsui
I mean I don’t really mind but after market always seems better to me. Keep the KOV carts cheap and plentiful

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This game is my white whale. I have the PS2 port.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
That's not exactly a PGM game. It runs on PGM hardware but it wasn't released for the system.

You might want to address the fact that the PGM carts of the Cave stuff is all bootleg regardless of it being on essentially the same hardware.

doaal

Mr. Big's Thug
The CAVE stuff were the only released on dedicated hardware, right? Must have been a specific arrangement with IGS to save prices per board.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member

as good as Metal Slug IMO
Maybe in your weirdest dreams :kekeke:

I had that one when I was into pgm stuff. It was a beautiful borefest of a game. It's like looking at a super sophisticated painting and then looking at a Picasso.

It's just gorgeous, but soul-less.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Awbacon telling everyone what they've known for years, again

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
The CAVE stuff were the only released on dedicated hardware, right? Must have been a specific arrangement with IGS to save prices per board.
The original Cave games ran on PCBs that were essentially the PGM cart + mobo.

The Cave PGM carts floating around are all bootleg, but technically on the correct hardware so they play identical to the original PCBs.

The only "Cave" game actually released for the PGM is Bee Storm which was developed by IGS and is basically just a bunch of reused assets from previous games. But it fucking sucks.

There is also a version of Daioujou on PGM2.

Last edited:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
yes mine use the modern repro boards. Which is nice because no carts sacced
Is there a Chinese/overseas equivalent? My old cave boots were sacs, but I have some of the 1st run Fluffy PCBs I need to solder up and burn the roms for.

If the fluffy boards are the only repros and the newer boots that sheep nova etc are selling are still converts, then I would say most are converts still. But if there was a mass run in CN of the 3 shooties in the last few years I wouldn't know.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
For real bacon man why don't you create a single thread to publish your channel video updates?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Who cares if they sac a bunch of shitty KOV carts to make Ketsui
It’s because Martial Masters had to be the sac carts for the Cave shooties, that so many of us were up in arms about this 10 years ago.

Attrition is a mofo. Time grinds us all down, people care less and less.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
It’s because Martial Masters had to be the sac carts for the Cave shooties, that so many of us were up in arms about this 10 years ago.

Attrition is a mofo. Time grinds us all down, people care less and less.
it is a bummer some Martial Masters carts got sacced. Great game