LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Maybe i'll contribute to this.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I need help with one of K's trials.

You need to follow a dp LP with a qcf LP+HP.

I managed to do it randomly after the second hit in the dp LP, but the qcf LP+HP won't connect.

The demo play shows that it needs to be done on the first dp LP hit.

If you do it this fast, he always does his DM. I tried all timings, and all possible short cuts I can think of. I could not do it even once.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I've been taking Takuma, Ryo and Andy to the lab and once I get competent enough I'll definitely contribute. Wes I think you should edit your first post(and we should assist you) and make a legend that lays out what the buttons are and a description of all of the system features of KOF XIII so it can be used as a reference for all posts that follow.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Everyone who is having issues, play this on a crt tv and see if it corrects them. KOF is extremely timing specific.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I'm using my TV I had when I was a teenager with AV cables lol. I'm keeping it oldschool.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
it's a damn shame too as this game looks gorgeous on my nice HDTV's. but alas both of them have some lag so I'm playing on my vega.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I need help with one of K's trials.

You need to follow a dp LP with a qcf LP+HP.

I managed to do it randomly after the second hit in the dp LP, but the qcf LP+HP won't connect.

The demo play shows that it needs to be done on the first dp LP hit.

If you do it this fast, he always does his DM. I tried all timings, and all possible short cuts I can think of. I could not do it even once.

Did you try bringing the stick neutral before doing the qcf LP+HP? It can be a bitch to do, especially when you're trying to do things so fast, but centering the stick very quickly should reset the motion that's making the super come out. I'm going to be busy with family stuff today, so I won't get a chance to try this trial out until tonight.

If anybody wants to write a description of the various systems in the game, I'll be more than glad to edit the initial post. We can all add/edit/clean up anything each other writes. I'd really like us to come together as a community for this game. I mean, after all, we're fucking Neo-Geo.com. Let's own this game.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Good attitude man.

Also, I'm a huge billy fan, hes my strongest character in 2002.

I was out, nothings open, the stores that were didnt have it. I'll snag it from gamestop tomorrow at noon.

This game is getting solid press and its SNKP's finest effort in a long time, so lets stand strong for it.

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Did you try bringing the stick neutral before doing the qcf LP+HP? It can be a bitch to do, especially when you're trying to do things so fast, but centering the stick very quickly should reset the motion that's making the super come out. I'm going to be busy with family stuff today, so I won't get a chance to try this trial out until tonight.

Yup, tried that many times, and always ended up with the DM.

It's his 6th trial.

The part that precede the dp is also a bitch, but I can do it fine now. It's only this dp -> qcf part that I'm having trouble with. Also, in the demo play, the cpu dashes before the dp for some reason. I tried that too, but it also didn't work.

hexcrass

n00b
We really need to get together with this game and share combos/strats. Help others who are having trouble with matchups, or understanding concepts. Let's make this one bigger than the KOF 98 thread.
Where is this '98 thread at?

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Just played the game and I absolutely love it, first match I was thinking its so so but when i got to billy and saw the scenery and heard that rocking tune, it gave me goosebumps, im up for a game if anyone wants on PSN my id is leegray99
lol that story mode is something else and Ash walks like a real faggot
defo glad i got a PS3 for this now.

Last edited:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
So between using the original PS3 controller, the strict combo timing, and my general shittiness at memorizing moves I'm sucking up quite a storm.

The first 2 problems are a real bitch as well since any experimentation falls flat when trying to find some BnB combos.

Using Hwa, Billy, and Tak...gonna be a while before I go out and get s decent pad or stick...but are there any connectible combos for these guys I can use to (build meter/do damage/knock back) with?

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
you know, one thing I'm not sure where I stand on, I beat the arcade mode my first attempt and really it was reasonably easy. I didn't exactly want the KOF XI boss.... but damn... having a non cheap bullshit boss in a KOF game seems a little weird, I felt a tad empty when beating dark ash.

this KOF boss doesn't have KOF boss syndrome.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
You can follow up Billy's dp K with a hcf P from anywhere in the screen. Pretty neat.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
You can follow up Billy's dp K with a hcf P from anywhere in the screen. Pretty neat.

Yeah, that's a great thing to tag them with. In the corner, I'm just now feeling out what kind of stuff to do after you land the DP+K. You can juggle them with a crouching HP, which resets them. I haven't tried it, but I wonder if you can juggle his reverse DP+P after the DP+K and drive cancel another DP+K and have it connect.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
try this shit, cwk, swk, (for a confirm) dpRH, then rejuggle not drive cancel dpWK, then as the wk ends hcfP, then super cancel to fire wheel.

I'm trying to master his spacing game first. If you guys are having trouble doing billy's close FP after a jump in, time it right as the jump in touches, but slight after, tap it slow twice in succession, but don't drum tap it.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
The bgs in this game, some of em remind me old racist cartoons from disney. Haha. Also LOVE the kof 96 flick back bg. Best shit snkp has done in ages.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
try this shit, cwk, swk, (for a confirm) dpRH, then rejuggle not drive cancel dpWK, then as the wk ends hcfP, then super cancel to fire wheel.

I can't get Billy's DP+HK to combo from standing WK

EDIT - I also can't get the QCB+P to hit after rejuggling with the DP+WK

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Andy is a beast. (Near wall):

:C:, :forw: :A:, :hcf: :D:, :B::D:, :downb::forw: :A:, :downb::forw: :A:, (cancel) :hcf: :D:, :B::D:, :downb::forw: :A:, :qcf::hcb: :A:

1 super bar, 1 drive cancel, 480 damage

@ Soilwork:

senpu kon (P repeatedly) followed by a crouching C does nice damage.

Edit: Just compared it with hcf C -> qcf C, doesn't do much more damage.

You can view his trials for some ideas.

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Thanks for the info.

I notice you can link a crouching HP to a forward+LP, any ideas on if there's anything to follow up on this? Maybe I'm just not timing things right

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Thanks for the info.

I notice you can link a crouching HP to a forward+LP, any ideas on if there's anything to follow up on this? Maybe I'm just not timing things right

You can add a crouching B afterwards, but the timing is strict.