The King Of Fighters XV (2020)

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
I don't know, personally I find MotW to be a much more enjoyable game than Third Strike. Even putting aside the fact it never got a follow up, the core game still feels more full than New Generations. I feel Second Impact is more comparable in terms of content.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Unless I am remembering incorrectly, the firing and hiring of staff back and forth between snk and Capcom during this period basically made sf 3 and Motw kissing cousins..

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Even putting aside the fact it never got a follow up, the core game still feels more full than New Generations.

Of course MotW feels more full than New Generation. New Generation is the game it was made in response to and shamelessly copied. If they came out in the opposite order, with Capcom copying SNK, then New Generation probably would have been the fuller game.

I think part of the reason I like Third Strike more than MotW is that Third Strike is flat out a better game. But the other reason is that MotW is an absolute betrayal of the Fatal Fury series in pretty much every single way. Even leaving aside the roster. It plays nothing like any of them, and I like playing any Fatal Fury game all the way back to FF2 a billion times more than I enjoy MotW. And then something like RB2, I enjoy a bazillion billion zillion times more than MotW. And if I'm ever in the mood for a MotW-style game, there is the vastly superior Third Strike.

And just to be clear, I'd rather play RB2 than Third Strike. Pretty much 10 times out of 10.

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
This is why we are friends.

Rick S. FOR LIFE.

@ fXs:

I remember d&b bands on TV back then.

Roni Size & Reprahzent specifically. I was in college when this all jumped off-what a great time, for so many disparate genres of music.

I still can’t understand Radiohead getting exponentially bigger than unwound, but eh?

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

BeneficialDefiantHagfish-small.gif

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Saner, don't make me post a guinea pig picture in this thread.

Anyway, Third Strike is a better game than MotW and that's just a fucking fact. I still like MotW a lot, and don't mind the roster change, but it's not a Fatal Fury game.

Real Bout Fatal Fury is my favorite game in the series. RB2 was more refined and had a slightly better roster but it didn't feel like as much of a leap in improvments from RBFF as RBFF did from Fatal Fury 3, which is a criminally underrated game in and of itself IMO. When FF3 came out, it was a statement by SNK on what was possible on that hardware.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
AoF 3, is my favorite of all the 3hrees.

First Ultimate KO you ever land, is akin to a first kiss.

The animation, the BASS, the wildly different gameplay...top shelf!

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Saner, don't make me post a guinea pig picture in this thread.

Anyway, Third Strike is a better game than MotW and that's just a fucking fact. I still like MotW a lot, and don't mind the roster change, but it's not a Fatal Fury game.

Real Bout Fatal Fury is my favorite game in the series. RB2 was more refined and had a slightly better roster but it didn't feel like as much of a leap in improvments from RBFF as RBFF did from Fatal Fury 3, which is a criminally underrated game in and of itself IMO. When FF3 came out, it was a statement by SNK on what was possible on that hardware.

This man speaks truth. Tho in my own level of bias I liked 2nd Impact more then 3rd Strike.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
they shouldnt slack off. the 2nd KOFXV trailer should be released on youtube this month. their competitors stream and upload their trailers on youtube on time.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Damn saner maybe you should apply for a job at SNK? You seem to have such great ideas on their business practice after all.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
Damn saner maybe you should apply for a job at SNK? You seem to have such great ideas on their business practice after all.

some people say that most japanese in the industry don't like foreigners telling them what should be done. even in the west the bigwigs running the show in the industry
wont listen to even greater ideas, they only care about money, playing it safe, and doing things their way, even when they waste money on trash ideas and bad direction just cause they think its a good idea. there's just no reasoning with them. plus, they are so clueless they arent sure who is someone that deserves to be in charge, and who should be ignored.
so really they are not likely to give an outsider the time of the day. its really messed up. and also there is the language barrier issue. even with a translator present, the ones running the business really are too self absorbed to know right from wrong and would be quick to undermine better ideas and mindsets that would elevate their products and business upward.

they can't tell who is the right person to listen to and who isn't. so they bottle themselves up away from even people that make sense and have better ideas.

and to top it off, most of them are in the business for the money, so they really dont have a true passion for gaming, so it would be like talking to a wall waiting for their next paycheck, not wanting to take any risks nor put more effort than they are paid to do, and so stick with the routine they're doing.

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
saner took that seriously and a lot of thought into it. Honestly, with that attitude, you will never achieve your potential. so stop flapping your lip about shit you will never change since you've already made up your mind you won't ever be hired or listened to. So why go on and on here? quit your shit.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Imagine if saner took the reigns on samurai shodown...

DLC pack #1
lingerie Nakoruru
Bathing suit Rimmururu
Gender swapped Shizumaru
Loli Iroha

Bonus guest character: Momoko dressed as traditional Nippon sex slave waifu.

Yeah no thanks faggot.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
some people say that most japanese in the industry don't like foreigners telling them what should be done. even in the west the bigwigs running the show in the industry
wont listen to even greater ideas, they only care about money, playing it safe, and doing things their way, even when they waste money on trash ideas and bad direction just cause they think its a good idea. there's just no reasoning with them. plus, they are so clueless they arent sure who is someone that deserves to be in charge, and who should be ignored.
so really they are not likely to give an outsider the time of the day. its really messed up. and also there is the language barrier issue. even with a translator present, the ones running the business really are too self absorbed to know right from wrong and would be quick to undermine better ideas and mindsets that would elevate their products and business upward.

they can't tell who is the right person to listen to and who isn't. so they bottle themselves up away from even people that make sense and have better ideas.

and to top it off, most of them are in the business for the money, so they really dont have a true passion for gaming, so it would be like talking to a wall waiting for their next paycheck, not wanting to take any risks nor put more effort than they are paid to do, and so stick with the routine they're doing.

You're a fucking lunatic.

saner

Krauser's Henchman

DLC pack #1
lingerie Nakoruru
Bathing suit Rimmururu
Gender swapped Shizumaru
Loli Iroha

Yeah no thanks faggot.

ironic a faggot would call me a faggot when they speak of sexy female costumes as if it were a bad thing to them.
you're the type of awkward sicko that prefers an all male roster or rosters where the only women are ugly and masculine to appease your toxic masculine cock sucking ego.

also I wouldnt treat female characters as waifus. treating and marketing female characters as waifus or sex slaves is what those demented developers been doing for generations, just look at DOA XV series. that series is a waste of money and resources and bad representation of those characters.
they are better focusing on the fighting series and not throwing away engines and content that are perfectly reusable (DOA5 engine)

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
ironic a faggot would call me a faggot when they speak of sexy female costumes as if it were a bad thing to them.
you're the type of awkward sicko that prefers an all male roster or rosters where the only women are ugly and masculine to appease your toxic masculine cock sucking ego.

also I wouldnt treat female characters as waifus. treating and marketing female characters as waifus or sex slaves is what those demented developers been doing for generations, just look at DOA XV series. that series is a waste of money and resources and bad representation of those characters.
they are better focusing on the fighting series and not throwing away engines and content that are perfectly reusable (DOA5 engine)

spoken like a true dollfucker

Marek

Banned

DLC pack #1
lingerie Nakoruru
Bathing suit Rimmururu
Gender swapped Shizumaru
Loli Iroha

Yeah no thanks faggot.

POST MORE YOU FUCK