The King Of Fighters XV (2020)

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
And what the fuck is with the half framerate background animations in all these horrific 3d games?

Bug off, zombie SNK.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'd like to see KOF move to a more realistic gritty style than this sort of Anime SF5 style. I think that was what stood out the most between traditional KOF and SF and I like it a lot.

So much opportunity has been wasted time and time again by SNK.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
This is the same company that continued to use "The Future Is Now" while releasing software on the same hardware platform for 14 years.

“The Future Is Now” is a sadly overused phrase but I think SNK used it best. The plan was to make something as relatively future proof as possible and in doing that they lived up to it totally.

In 1995 when they said that the future was now they were right. The phrase doesn’t mean “you will buy new hardware daily forever” it means the thing you bought five years ago in 1990 thinking it was the future is indeed still being used in 1995 and will still be used in 2000”. It’s perfect.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Found a comparison vid to her gameplay to 98 and I thought it seemed pretty faithful but hey
Team sacred Treasure!

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
I'm surprised they're bringing back Chizuru as a fighter again, she hasn't been playable since KOF2003 I think?

Correct. In KOF2003 ending she was badly injured by Ash, who stole the Yata Mirror (power) from her. As for KOFXI and KOFXII she's present in the text backstory, basically healing while staying at her mansion. Given in KOFXIV story some seal has once again been broken by Kukri (and Elisabeth) in order to get a chance to recover Ash's essence out of the oblivion he doomed himself to, by erasing his own existence kinng his own ancestor (Saiki), I guess Chizuru was really expected this time around. :-)

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I am not looking foward to the return of Ash. He is a such a shit design.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I am not looking foward to the return of Ash. He is a such a shit design.

True indeed.

giphy.gif

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Fellas, fellas....please...

They are both shit designs, but for different reasons.

Anyway, anyone been stupid enough to fall for any roster "leaks"....or even hope they are true?
I've been hoping this one is true for American sports team, Krizalid, Gai Tendo, hwa jai, LWK, etc.

dy6msdlywga51.jpg

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
i wouldn't be surprised if they bring rugal back out of laziness and lameness.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Excluding Rugal (unless he's a mid-boss), that would actually be a really neat roster. I'd be thrilled just to have that Kizuna team in there.

Needs some Xiangfei though. I'm really hoping they'll finally bring her back. King not being in there (that I can see anyways) would suck.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
If there's one character I'm hoping to see, that's Adelheid.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Why do they insist on using this shitty engine? KOFXIII was awesome it's not like that old engine couldn't be used again. Should have just had 2 more entries in the series using that, how difficult would that have been? XIV is just above the Maximum Impact games in terms of soulless, generic, dated crap that modern SNK delivers without ever actually listening to any of the fans.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
i.e. Adelheid Bernstein. :-)

Hey whats up Shito, I assume you’re referring to the unlockable cards from kof-i 2012? The initial release of that game was an iOS exclusive along with "King of Fighters Encounter"** and was, oddly enough, the only way to try out the kof13 engine outside of arcades prior to the eventual console release that followed much later (and was the sole reason I purchased an iphone at the time). The art cards took absolutely forever to unlock since you spent points to pick them at random and I kept hoping that a lot of the art and sprites from that game were teasers for the eventual King of Fighters XIV sequel, but sadly, that was not the case and KOF XIV opted for completely different visuals due to the difficulty of the kof13 sprite process (render in 3d, then paint over each frame, etc).

Soooo many characters were teased in the new kofxiii sprite style.

Adelheid, Geese, Heidern, Oswald, Botan, Momoko, Shingo, Whip, the list went on:

kof13-adelheid-card.png

kof13-geese-card.png

kof13-heidern-card.png

kof13-card30.png

kof13-mukai-card.png

kof13-card8.png

kof13-card25.png

kof13-card1.png

**Information on the old King of Fighters Encounter game (had a ton of fun playing this when it came out):
https://www.siliconera.com/the-king-of-fighters-encounter-brings-streetpass-battles-to-iphone/

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Some of the unlockable cards were also pretty hilarious:

kof13-card31.png

kof13-card17.png

kof13-card29.png

kof13-card6.png

Last edited: