The King Of Fighters XV (2020)

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
The cards were so annoying to unlock that after almost 10 years later, I’m still missing the last 3 cards out of the 285 total :lolz:

FC1AF160-222C-44E0-B8AD-63CD8A23E2A3.jpeg

Last edited:

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
So Terry and Yashiro were revealed while the forum was down.

This more or less locks in Chris and Shermie. And im happy for that.

Mr. Karate II

Edo Express Delivery Guy
ShaolinAce preceded me :sneaky:, but here is the whole roundup of videos I originally prepared to update this discussion (as an extra I also added all the soundtracks used within inside of the trailers) [I will publish the videos in more posts, because currently the forum limit is of five each].

Andy Bogard.

Spoiler:

nobEqr1.jpg

Andy's overall design hasn't changed much compared to 14, but his 3D model has been beefed up and he looks a lot cooler now. He has a lot more muscle now above the waist, which I think really balances his overall look rather nicely.

Tomohiro Nakata

Last edited:

Mr. Karate II

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Yuri Sakazaki.

Spoiler:
598fJXC.jpg

Yuri's back sporting her braids again. I think they help bring out a different kind of cuteness she has besides her cute and sporty tomboy look in the previous game. She's actually appeared many times before in KOF with a braid, so I hope seeing her back to her usual self gives you a sense of nostalgia.

Tomohiro Nakata

Last edited:

Mr. Karate II

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Terry Bogard.

Spoiler:
Z5eTC9e.jpg

Terry's back with his signature cap and sleeveless jacket. This time, Terry is showing off one of his biggest features-- his massive guns! I was actually a big fan of his muscles from the 2D era☆ Anyway, I hope fans enjoy Terry's 3D model where his arms can be seen in all their glory.

Tomohiro Nakata

Last edited:

Mr. Karate II

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Yashiro Nanakase.

Spoiler:
bBlNi8e.jpg

I have to say, when I first saw the roster lineup for KOFXV, I was extremely happy to see Yashiro on there because so many people wanted to see him again. This time, his clothes have been redesigned. But, I was careful not to do anything to damage that wild flair he gives off. Even then, it took a lot of back and forth until we were satisfied with what we have now.(;^ω^)

Tomohiro Nakata

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Chris and Shermie are partially seen in Yashiro’s official character art, so hopefully they’re guaranteed as well. I’m always glad to have my main grappler Shermie back lol

207B3A9E-52B7-4D05-B321-BB8B659EFBD8.jpeg

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Yeah, really hoping for Shermie. She was really fun to play in 02.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Safe to say that dead characters are no longer completely, totally, and most sincerely dead, so who knows who else will come back?

Gonna go out on a limb and say that Rugal will be back in some fashion.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Let hope Rugal shaves off that fucking John Holmes mustache.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Safe to say that dead characters are no longer completely, totally, and most sincerely dead, so who knows who else will come back?

Gonna go out on a limb and say that Rugal will be back in some fashion.
For sure. Thanks to the Ash timeline reset and SNK Heroines being “canon”, all characters are fair game.

Hell, I was thrilled just to see characters from 3 Count Bout (Terry Rogers and Master Barnes) appear in the background of Kyo’s reveal trailer along with Michael Max (not to mention the FF1 Sound Beach throwback level itself).

I hope they keep it up and produce a roster full of old comers and surprise characters alike.

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I’m really not buying this, if they leave out Rick.S, *again*.

Vanesa doesn’t cut it.

AOF2 stage and classic theme are good things! More important, the moveset seems good and classic, like the others old characters.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
She's my main, so I'm always happy to see her back. She looks great. Love the stage and juiced up AOF 2 theme.

Only complaints are her special moves lack a bit of flash and flair to them, and her Illusion Dance super is missing.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I’m really not buying this, if they leave out Rick.S, *again*.

Vanesa doesn’t cut it.
I like Rick, and I like RB2 a million times more than any KOF that has ever existed, but Vanessa has always been a better character. Better design, better combos, better moveset.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I like Rick, and I like RB2 a million times more than any KOF that has ever existed, but Vanessa has always been a better character. Better design, better combos, better moveset.
I'd have to agree with most of this but I think Rick's moveset in RB2 was pretty damn good. He would obviously need some serious tweaks if he entered into KoF but I could see him being solid.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Rick's design looks like a fan art design contest that didn't win but benefitted from being redrawn in the RB2 art style. Or maybe a Rob Leifeld design that wasn't used in Youngblood.

There's something there that could work, especially in the face and hair, but needs something to truly make him special visually. Even the victory howl is good. He needs a motorcycle or a horse or a sports car to jump out of or jump into. Just...somerhing.

Vanessa is a better design visually.