The King Of Fighters XV (2020)

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Vanessa is easier on the eyes-sure. Rick has a better size for the boxer move set; and, a better move set than Vanessa.

At the end of the day, I play more Real Bout than KoF, and I play more on my neo cab than PS4. This game isn’t for me. A guy can still dream, tho.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Just like Terry, Ryo, Joe, and all the classic/early 90’s characters, I think Rick’s design is just fine the way it is. A lot of the recent new SNK characters look like they should be at a fashion show rather than a tournament and seem a little over-designed imho. At the end of the day all of the classic boxer character designs were birthed from a bygone era.

Either way, we have tons of characters that both look and play similar to one another in this series. I absolutely love Vanessa, but why not have both Rick and Vanessa? No need to pick just one.

Plenty of the other preexisting boxer characters got overlooked by the time Heavy-D! came onboard back in the day too. I wouldn’t mind if Rick finally got his shot:
EIFC3GAW4AEG1EZ.jpg

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
and, a better move set than Vanessa.
You're going to have to back that up with some kind of explanation. What can Rick do that Vanessa doesn't do better?

Again, I like RB2 better than any KoF, but you watch some RB2 Rick videos and some '02 Vanessa videos and it's pretty clear who has a more fleshed out moveset and options in terms of gameplay.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
You're going to have to back that up with some kind of explanation. What can Rick do that Vanessa doesn't do better?

Again, I like RB2 better than any KoF, but you watch some RB2 Rick videos and some '02 Vanessa videos and it's pretty clear who has a more fleshed out moveset and options in terms of gameplay.

A better move set for me, is what I should’ve typed. No empirical evidence, just personal preference.

Rick is fun for me to play. I’d like a chance to use him outside of RB2 and card fighters clash.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
So King Yuri and Mai all on the same team I assume?

But yeah she looks damn good. My girls Bouncy as expected.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
A better move set for me, is what I should’ve typed.
But their movesets are near identical. Vanessa basically has all of Rick's moves. But Rick doesn't have all of Vanessa's moves. Everyone has their own preferences, but I'm not sure this is even an agree-to-disagree situation. The only case you could make (and one I'd happen to agree with) is prefering RB2's combination arts engine over KoF's engine. But that wouldn't even apply here, if they brought Rick into KOF.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Next up to bat. I'm voting Botan, which would definitely shatter an expectation or two.

1618421252892.png

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Yeeeeeesss!! This makes the whole Ash “time reset” nonsense worth it. With her plot demise finally negated I can finally have my favorite grapple character back outside of just the dream match/gaiden games. It’s about time.

tumblr_nebrhmteRa1sibomdo1_500.gifv

Also, I assume she was talking to Chris on her cellphone at the end of the trailer:
“Hello? Oh, I’m busy right now. We’ll chat again later.”

Last edited:

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Yeeeeeesss!! This makes the whole Ash “time reset” nonsense worth it. With her plot demise finally negated I can finally have my favorite grapple character back outside of just the dream match/gaiden games. It’s about time.

tumblr_nebrhmteRa1sibomdo1_500.gifv

Also, I assume she was talking to Chris on her cellphone at the end of the trailer:
“Hello? Oh, I’m busy right now. We’ll chat again later.”

Fairly certain that cellphone gag (down to the conversation) has been a taunt/win pose of hers since the 90s.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Hell yes! Bummer it wasn't Botan, but glad to see Shermie back in the saddle again. Her redesign looks great.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Fairly certain that cellphone gag (down to the conversation) has been a taunt/win pose of hers since the 90s.
Sure is; I was just hoping they put it at the end of the trailer as a lead in for the (now inevitable) Chris trailer lol

Fygee

20 Year Member
A part of me wishes they'd stuck with her brick of a 1997 cell phone, just for a gag.