The King Of Fighters XV (2020)

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Both teams are good additions but immediate dlc 🤮

The leaked list says team samsho is the last one?

FredyFired

Fired up the fuck
Noob of the Year
I really hope that the DLC teams will have a proper story and ending this time around.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I really hope that Yamazaki doesnt fight in the fur coat... it'll be laughable.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
My brother might buy the PS4 version even though he has a PS5 because he didn't test that his PS2 HRAP with USB adapter works with the PS5 version while the betas were active. :sick:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Both teams are good additions but immediate dlc 🤮

The leaked list says team samsho is the last one?

- Haohmaru / Nakoruru / Darli Dagger (?)
- Orochi Chris / Yashiro / Shermie (the leak notes they are included, but unsure if they represent the last DLC team)
- Verse (?) (Boss)
- Rugal (boss)

(?) means I'm not sure

PS: MotW and South Town teams are part of the deluxe edition (plus 3 days early access)

New background spotted at Famitsu:

My brother might buy the PS4 version even though he has a PS5 because he didn't test that his PS2 HRAP with USB adapter works with the PS5 version while the betas were active. :sick:

The PS4 version will have a free PS5 upgrade. He should be fine.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm really hoping the Orochi version of the NFT isn't the last DLC team for season one.

Oh well, we'll see. Two more weeks...

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I despise the new face team. You can imagine my feelings towards them occuping additional 3 slots lol

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member

Watched the video not confirmed. At least the Korean press is asking the hard hitting questions.

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
PS: MotW and South Town teams are part of the deluxe edition (plus 3 days early access)

What the hell does any of this even mean? Modern gaming is so fucking convoluted I swear. It's all so padded and predictable.
I remember when you plugged the cart into the system and just got on with it. The way things are done now, disgusting

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
What the hell does any of this even mean? Modern gaming is so fucking convoluted I swear. It's all so padded and predictable.
I remember when you plugged the cart into the system and just got on with it. The way things are done now, disgusting
Would adding you to the list of VIP players who get early access shut you up?

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
DLC characters on fighting games is getting way out of control.
That's certainly how it feels for gamers like me who have been around a long time, and generally play new games only casually. But the model seems to work for serious fighting game fans these days. Unfortunately, I don't see it going away any time soon.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I'll never understand people who bitch and moan about paying for DLC characters. Sure, cosmetics and unlockables used to be free, built-in additions to games and that sucks but is getting 6 characters for $30 REALLY that different from getting a "sequel" that has 6 new characters and some mild tweaks that you were asked to pay full price for a year later like back in the day? That would've been $200+ for a KoF game.

Hell, Street Fighter V you didn't even have to pay for the characters if you actually played the game.

I'll never understand people who bitch and moan about paying for DLC characters. Sure, cosmetics and unlockables used to be free, built-in additions to games and that sucks but is getting 6 characters for $30 REALLY that different from getting a "sequel" that has 6 new characters and some mild tweaks that you were asked to pay full price for a year later like back in the day? That would've been $200+ for a KoF game.

Hell, Street Fighter V you didn't even have to pay for the characters if you actually played the game.

If u actually played SFV ull know that u have to spend more hours then it's worth to get all the extra characters without paying.
Capcom really conned people (unsurprisingly)

As for dlc, it depends on the game and if there is demand for it. There are a couple of games that I would still be playing if they added more (at a reasonable price)

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
If u actually played SFV ull know that u have to spend more hours then it's worth to get all the extra characters without paying.
Capcom really conned people (unsurprisingly)

As for dlc, it depends on the game and if there is demand for it. There are a couple of games that I would still be playing if they added more (at a reasonable price)

I played SF5 for 4 years and never bought a single character. For people who actually play fighting games, it wasn't particularly difficult. I ended up buying the last season pass but that was largely because I had lost interest and wasn't playing online anymore.

I totally understand why someone who plays fighting games more casually wouldn't want to invest that kind of time but for those of us who were going to play the game for hundreds of hours anyway, not having to pay for any characters was a nice added bonus. If you weren't a serious player, you pay your $25-$30 a year... which, as previously, is less than buying a new game every year like in the old days.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

Yeah, this is a point. Is it more expensive to buy the DLC characters than it was to buy SF3 and then Double Impact and then Third Strike? Nope.

It is kind of different if they do have all the characters ready to go at launch but then purposely don't include some of them, though. That's a pretty cynical move that I understand people having a problem with.

glazball

Pleasure Goal
10 Year Member
I was going to wait a while to buy, let the price drop a bit, but I went ahead and ordered today. I’m just a casual player and it may fight with Horizon FW for time in the console (they release a day apart), but I wanted to show SNK some support. I bought XIV used, long after release. It was certainly not my favorite KoF but if I read correctly that Sylvie will be missing from XV, it’s already got to be better. I’ll see you suckas online! (I‘ll be the one getting my ass kicked by you.)

As a side note, has anyone looked over the trophy list yet?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Yeah, this is a point. Is it more expensive to buy the DLC characters than it was to buy SF3 and then Double Impact and then Third Strike? Nope.

One aspect I pretty much prefer in the current games over having micro sequels (SF3, Real Bout .... etc) is retaining all backgrounds and music while cumulatively adding content and making tweaks to the gameplay.

3rd Strike and CVS2 are two examples that could have greatly benefited from keeping the backrounds / aesthetics of their predessors IMO.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member

Dude, the game isn't even out yet and they're already selling you extra content. Doesn't it seem a little exploitative? I have a problem with the lack of taste here on display, money isn't really an issue, we used to pay 200 dollars for homecarts when those came out new and I was all for it.