The King Of Fighters XV (2020)

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
But at least 2001 was a lot more fun to play than '99 or 2000.

Plus, it's not like Ash hasn't been a staple this entire time. Who is a more Eolith era character than Ash? So I don't buy the thinking SNK has been avoiding them. I think people just like to read conspiracy into coincidence.

Remember when they hinted at Kensou being the next main character after Nests? And the whole world said, no thanks.

About Duck, it's true it doesn't make sense, but I'd welcome him under any circumstances.
At the very least they could have just followed through with the whole Dragon Power story with Lin and all that instead of dumping it. Would have made him more interesting than just "legacy character who eats buns and fanbois over Athena every game".

I'm all for bringing Duck back, but if they really want to "shatter expectations" they should made a FF1 team or something. Him, Richard Meyer, Michael Max, or Hwa Jai. Or just a "characters from Fatal Fury you haven't seen in forever" team with any one of Xiangfei, Franco Bash, Alfred, etc.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
At the very least they could have just followed through with the whole Dragon Power story with Lin and all that instead of dumping it. Would have made him more interesting than just "legacy character who eats buns and fanbois over Athena every game".

I'm all for bringing Duck back, but if they really want to "shatter expectations" they should made a FF1 team or something. Him, Richard Meyer, Michael Max, or Hwa Jai. Or just a "characters from Fatal Fury you haven't seen in forever" team with any one of Xiangfei, Franco Bash, Alfred, etc.
Jubei

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member

Totally on board to see Franco Bash again.
I really hope he makes the upcoming Fatal Fury game.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Excited to play Sam Sho characters in a KOF. I wonder if they'll be more combo-oriented like KOF usually is, or more tactical with heavy damage moves with greater margin of error, and shorter combos.

Trailer makes it look more like the former.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I would imagine it'll be much the same as Nakoruru was in XIV.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
The silhouettes in that vid…are Blue Man Group in the next round of DLC?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Crossplay was going to come in 2023. Will they announce that? When that arrives I will boot this game back up and maybe splurge on the DLC.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Did you even watch that trailer?
No. The thumbnail just says "Season 2 Begins!" Someone who hasn't gotten season 1 yet is unlikely to click that.

Last edited:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Remember when they hinted at Kensou being the next main character after Nests? And the whole world said, no thanks.

That was just "delayed", for Sie Kensou, Chin Gentsai, Rin, Long and the whole Hizoku thing, hinted in 2001 with Sai, Ran and Chitto, was basically a "Chinese plot", right? Well, same is the green-haired, half-possessed new starring Shun'ei, his team and their whole backstory, isn't it? :-)

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Fuck Shingo, fuck sylvie, fuck ‘I managed a Hot Topic in 1999’ skinned Kim…fuck everything, about today’s and every announcement regarding this game…

UNTIL WE GET RICK STROUD.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Excited for Shingo, Kim, and even Sylvie. She's so batshit weird that I'm keen to see what they do with her.

Other two silhouettes look like Duo Lon and Athena. Maybe an alt version of her?

I was thinking more likely henko as the final shadow.
Didn't like sylvie but I liked najd and hoping they also expand on her personality (doubt it since she won't be part of a team).
With singular character releases that they might still add a guest character from a different company.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Najd was a cool character but she was stupid broken in XIV so hopefully they tune her a bit better in this one. Sylvie PP sucks my pp. The Kate Capshaw in Temple of Doom of KoF characters. Noisy, useless bitch.

Excited for Shingo though.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Excited for Shingo, Kim, and even Sylvie. She's so batshit weird that I'm keen to see what they do with her.

Other two silhouettes look like Duo Lon and Athena. Maybe an alt version of her?
I heard the silhouettes were supposed to be Duo Lon and Hinako (sumo girl from 2000). Athena would be the better choice, though.

Jon