The King Of Fighters XV (2020)

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Kof is like that withered old relative you see every few years and are surprised they're still going.
It's nowhere near as big as it used to be - everyone's bored after months at most.

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
I wonder if we’ll be seeing a Neo Geo Battle Coliseum 2 before leading into a new SNK VS Capcom.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I wonder if we’ll be seeing a Neo Geo Battle Coliseum 2 before leading into a new SNK VS Capcom.
Doubtful, though if we don't get CvS3, I'll happily take NGBC2.

KOF 14 and 15, at least in terms of roster, are basically NGBC now.

Fygee

20 Year Member
I'm 100% down for Shiki. Loved playing her in SvC/NGBC/New Samsho.

At this point, I don't think we have to worry about ideas for teams since all new characters, at least for this year, are riding solo.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I just want Charlotte and Franco to be in more games.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I'm just checking in.
Looks like SNK still isn't up to much these days.

And playing it safe (as usual) with their rosters.
What's the point of 15 if you have 14?
Better poly shaders? A goofier looking Antonov?

The company keeps listening to their most vocal "fans" (dysgenic pillowfuckers) and in doing so they become invisible to the mainstream.

i dunno...try being cool again, fagets?

Fygee

20 Year Member
Playing it safe with DLC characters is just good business sense. That said, they still chose Sylvie Paula Paula. She's not "safe" at all.

15 is an upgrade over 14 in pretty much every way, and is arguably the most mainstream of any KOF games.

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
In don´t like KOF to be mainstream. After 2002 the games didn´t get any better

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
In don´t like KOF to be mainstream. After 2002 the games didn´t get any better
I think it's silly the way the KOF (and Fatal Fury) games have some characters who fight in jeans. If you try to do that in real life, you don't have enough flexibility to do kicks.
There was just something about the KOF games that I thought could be improved, not sure if I could put my finger on it.

Kofxiii is the best kof.

Wait u find it silly that they fight in jeans? How do u feel about them launching fireballs from their hands?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Wait u find it silly that they fight in jeans? How do u feel about them launching fireballs from their hands?
Omg, good point! The jeans could catch fire! Ridiculous! Fighting in jeans is absurd! The current iteration of SNK is is a joke for expecting us to buy this.

Also, ffs Billy Kane does bojutsu, SNK!

79pRb9kSPsp_Nezd2J7MsNiS-qDYm04ENfSfo9Xc7GE.png

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I understand why companies do it but man I hate dlc.
I wish more fighting games would at least still include some unlockable content. Not only to give you something to do in single player but also it just makes you feel like you're getting more game without having to pay out the ass. I miss secrets and bonus characters etc. Now everything is just bare bones and nickel and dime for literally every little thing, half of which should have been included in the first place.

Fygee

20 Year Member
I wish more fighting games would at least still include some unlockable content. Not only to give you something to do in single player but also it just makes you feel like you're getting more game without having to pay out the ass. I miss secrets and bonus characters etc. Now everything is just bare bones and nickel and dime for literally every little thing, half of which should have been included in the first place.
Agreed.

KOF 15 at least has this mechanic with the DJ Station, so I'll give it that.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I think it's silly the way the KOF (and Fatal Fury) games have some characters who fight in jeans. If you try to do that in real life, you don't have enough flexibility to do kicks.
There was just something about the KOF games that I thought could be improved, not sure if I could put my finger on it.
Joe, you can literally throw balls of fire at each other, it's hardly based in reality

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Joe, you can literally throw balls of fire at each other, it's hardly based in reality

Yes, but there are also some more realistic characters (without fireball attacks) in fighting games, such as Zangief (in SF2, before he had the flaming hand attack). Also, Barlog.

You can also turn off all special moves (with a code) in the SNES versions of SF2.

Fighting games have "magic" special moves, because players have always expected them to. If the games didn't have them, they wouldn't be as popular.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
World Heroes characters in KOF please.
Honestly how is this not a thing.

Shit didn't we get Fuuma in Agressors, and even Hanzou was in one of the Atomiswave games, no?

Give us an updated set of characters like Dragon, Fuu/Han, Jeanne, or whatever. Captain Kidd? Sheeeiiiit.

And no Im not being facetious, I'd love to see an updated Kidd kick some ass in KOF.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Honestly how is this not a thing.

Shit didn't we get Fuuma in Agressors, and even Hanzou was in one of the Atomiswave games, no?

Give us an updated set of characters like Dragon, Fuu/Han, Jeanne, or whatever. Captain Kidd? Sheeeiiiit.

And no Im not being facetious, I'd love to see an updated Kidd kick some ass in KOF.
We got some WH characters in NGBC so it's absolutely not out the realm of possibility for sure.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Yes, but there are also some more realistic characters (without fireball attacks) in fighting games, such as Zangief (in SF2, before he had the flaming hand attack). Also, Barlog.

You can also turn off all special moves (with a code) in the SNES versions of SF2.

Fighting games have "magic" special moves, because players have always expected them to. If the games didn't have them, they wouldn't be as popular.
When's the last time you've seen a super buffed wrestler jump 8 feet in the air, and then pile drive someone 15 ft in the air?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
*If things didn't exist they wouldn't be as popular*

I shall muse over this prolific philosophy for the rest of the night

Thanks Joe

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
The more you wear jeans the less stiff they are. I imagine Terry bogards are well worn in. I've done karate kicks in jeans before, it's not really a big deal unless you're wearing some low rider thing where the groin is down where your knees are