The Official 2013 College Football Thread

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
The offseason has flown by, and we are nearing another season of college football! (Aug 29th!)

ESPN College Football Schedule

There are some great matchups scheduled for week one. Alabama v. Va Tech seems to happen every other year, so I'll watch it as a fan, but it lacks the charm that last year's Cowboy's classic had.

TCU v. LSU should be interesting. TCU's once-suspended and drunken quarterback is returning this season.

Georgia and Clemson will be fun to watch.

It will also be interesting to see if all of the hype for Jadeveon Clowney (South Carolina) holds up.

A quote from Mark Richt
“I would say Clowney is the best football player in the world though. Seriously. I think he might be the very best player who exists today, at any level.”

Better than anyone at any level? :eye::eye:

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
The offseason has flown by, and we are nearing another season of college football! (Aug 29th!)

ESPN College Football Schedule

There are some great matchups scheduled for week one. Alabama v. Va Tech seems to happen every other year, so I'll watch it as a fan, but it lacks the charm that last year's Cowboy's classic had.

TCU v. LSU should be interesting. TCU's once-suspended and drunken quarterback is returning this season.

Georgia and Clemson will be fun to watch.

It will also be interesting to see if all of the hype for Jadeveon Clowney (South Carolina) holds up.

A quote from Mark Richt

Better than anyone at any level? :eye::eye:

BIG10 plz

ohio-state-michigan-rivalry.jpg

Those are some bold ass words from Richt, now I have to see this guy.

Last edited:

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Georgia -Clemson should be awesome, two incredible offensive teams and I would not be surprised at all if Aaron Murray can surpass Danny Wuerffel's TD records this year.

I am actually really excited for Vandy and Ole Miss on the 29th. Vandy is a completely different team under James Franklin and probably the best in the East behind Georgia, USC, and Florida. Ole Miss has tons of potential with their freshly paid true freshmen but experience beats that unproven talent a lot of the time.

TCU and LSU should be great. I'm a huge fan of TCU and want to see what they do to the very depleted LSU defense.

20 Year Member
I may go to the Cowboy's Classic this year. The stadium is awesome, and I love watching college games there.

It's in TCU's back yard, so tickets might be scarce...

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
If WVU manages to go .500 this season I will be thoroughly surprised.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
If WVU manages to go .500 this season I will be thoroughly surprised.

Same for Tennessee, usually I have gone in overly optimistic for the past few years and have come out disappointed. I will type up a game by game when I'm at a computer. .500 would be nice.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Hopefully my beloved Colorado State Rams can return to bowl eligibility this year.

But as long as they beat those bastard Colorado Buffs I'm happy. My brother loves the Buffs and nothing makes me happier than watching him suffer has his team blunders through the season. It would be great if they lost every game.

Pope Sazae

I'm praying I can get Aaron Murray for my fantasy team this year. Does NG have a fantasy college league or even an NFL one?

20 Year Member
WHERE IS BOBAK'S PAC-12 COMMENTARY?

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
I'm feeling quite optimistic about Miami's chances for a run at the ACC Championship this year thanks Sophomore RB Duke Johnson and Senior QB/Heisman hopeful Stephen Morris as well as the majority of Freshmen and Sophomores from last year's squad now having some experience to go along w/strength and conditioning over the Summer. 3rd game of the year vs Florida will be the benchmark test of the season.

20 Year Member
Amidst a storm of diva-like behavior during the offseason, Heisman winner Johnny Manziel finds himself under investigation for allegedly selling autographs.

johnnymanziel.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sources: NCAA investigating Manziel

MIAMI -- The NCAA is investigating whether Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel was paid for signing hundreds of autographs on photos and sports memorabilia in January, "Outside the Lines" has learned. Two sources tell "Outside the Lines" that the Texas A&M quarterback agreed to sign memorabilia in exchange for a five-figure flat fee during his trip to Miami for the Discover BCS National Championship. Both sources said they witnessed the signing, though neither saw the actual exchange of money.

Three sources said Manziel signed photographs, footballs, mini football helmets and other items at the request of an autograph broker named Drew Tieman. Two sources, who are aware of the signing arrangement, told "Outside the Lines" that Tieman approached Manziel on Jan. 6, when he landed at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport to attend the game between Alabama and Notre Dame the next day.

After that meeting, three sources said, Manziel, accompanied by his friend and personal assistant Nathan Fitch, visited Tieman's residence and signed hundreds of items in the main room of the apartment despite the fact that there were many people in the room. Before Manziel left South Florida, after taking in the title game, he signed hundreds of autographs more, one source said.

Last edited:

Pope Sazae

And I have no trouble with Johnny being in trouble, he should know that with all the attention on him he should be a lot more careful. How fucking stupid can you be to show up at a UT frat party? He should have gotten his ass kicked for doing something like that.

Vegas has removed the A&M - Bama game from bets due to the Manziel situation. They have 5 more qb's on the roster but thanks to mr diva we never got to see any of them even do clean up duty last season.

I'm sorry Hidden Character but I don't think this is the year for the U to take the ACC. Best they can hope for would be 3rd unless FSU fucks up and can get into 2nd. Clemson has all the firepower to take it this year and that first game with Georgia should be awesome.

20 Year Member
Reports surfacing from a college football memorabilia company that Johnny Cash was paid $7500 for his autographs.

21655_322092597925540_2026099877_n.jpg

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
I'm sorry Hidden Character but I don't think this is the year for the U to take the ACC. Best they can hope for would be 3rd unless FSU fucks up and can get into 2nd. Clemson has all the firepower to take it this year and that first game with Georgia should be awesome.

No need to apologize as if I didn't have faith in Miami like I do every season, then there would be no point in being a passionate CFB fan. Besides, it's the ACC, where everyone can literally beat everyone due to massive trap games, i.e. Wake Forest and GA Tech winning the conference.

20 Year Member
Bobump.

I need Bobak's pre-season analysis.

Pope Sazae

It's the most wonderful time of year, Christmas in August.

I'm agreeing with a few of the guys on GameDay predicting that Toledo could upset Florida. With the Gators being short so many guys due to injuries and suspensions the Rockets will have a chance to show why they are usually so good at taking it to whatever big schools they go up against.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
William and Mary up 10 on West Virginia at the half.

K-State lost to NDSU yesterday.

So beautiful.

Michael Yagami

WVU eeks out a win over a team we should have dominated. Holgerson showed little confidence in the team with his play selection and his decision to not go for a TD in the closing seconds of the game.

It's going to be a long season in Morgantown this year.

20 Year Member
William and Mary?

lol first time I have heard of that school.

Michael Yagami

William and Mary?

lol first time I have heard of that school.
Yep. They were supposed to be our easy game. We're at Oklahoma next week and our schedule just gets worse from there.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
What happened to the Big East? Any other big realignments?

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Notre Dame loses. USC takes a big old September shit in their pants against Wazzu. Arizona wins. GOD IS GREAT