The people who won't let go

ChrisB

Another Striker
Well I never owned an AES back in the day but played on an AES at a club I joined back in the day and frequently went to the arcades too. For me it was nothing to do with the fact it was so expensive, it was the fact the first games I ever played were 2020bb, Fatal Fury, Baseball stars2 and KOF 94. I played those regularly at the club I joined and for me I instantly fell in love with the games. I owned megadrive and snes and I laughed how inferior they looked compare to the neo geo. From that point I always wanted one... Parents had the money to buy one but they could not justify it so I never got one and when I had the cash other things came along like pc gaming which I have been in to for years.

Only recently got back in to neo geo, I now own a cmvs and an AES and a decent collection of games. I would not say the system is dead or we are all old timers clinging on to the system becuase we cant let go and move on.
I have had more fun playing the neo geo than I have had out of the latest gen games for a long while. Recapturing my youth??? Who Knows :)

Enjoy it for what it is. Collector or gamer whatever, as long as we get enjoyment and satisfaction and can justify the purchases then who cares.

Last edited: