The Prodigy - anyone *really* familiar with all their stuff?

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Firstly, hello!

I used to be a 'The Prodigy' fan back in the 90's. I really loved their early/mid 90's stuff, but once "Fat Of The Land" came out I called it quits. I did not like the direction their music was going in & did not care for Keith's vocals.

I know there's been some time since that album was released. Has 'The Prodigy' released anything since then that's more like their roots?

To give you an idea of my fav tracks, they are:
Android , Hyperspeed (G-Force Part 2), Break & Enter, No Good (Start The Dance), Dream Frequency - Take Me (The Prodigy Mix), The Magi & Emanation - Everybody Say Love (The Prodigy Re-Mix), Front 242 - Religion (The Prodigy Trance U Down Mix)

Actually, those are pretty much the only tracks of theirs I care to listen to anymore.

[EDIT] Well, I used Apple Music to sample all the available albums/singles. I thought "Warrior's Dance" was ok. Same with 'Need Some1 (Wh0 Remix)'. The rest of the stuff I didn't care at all for though. Oh well.

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Firstly, hello!

I used to be a 'The Prodigy' fan back in the 90's. I really loved their early/mid 90's stuff, but once "Fat Of The Land" came out I called it quits. I did not like the direction their music was going in & did not care for Keith's vocals.

I know there's been some time since that album was released. Has 'The Prodigy' released anything since then that's more like their roots?

Android , Hyperspeed (G-Force Part 2), Break & Enter, No Good (Start The Dance), Dream Frequency - Take Me (The Prodigy Mix), The Magi & Emanation - Everybody Say Love (The Prodigy Re-Mix), Front 242 - Religion (The Prodigy Trance U Down Mix)

Actually, those are pretty much the only tracks of theirs I care to listen to anymore.

[EDIT] Well, I used Apple Music to sample all the available albums/singles. I thought "Warrior's Dance" was ok. Same with 'Need Some1 (Wh0 Remix)'. The rest of the stuff I didn't care at all for though. Oh well.

As of their last 2 releases they've tried to go back to their roots somewhat but the fact that electronic music has progressed in some cases to sophisticated heights, to me at least it has appeared a little jarring.
I too started to drop off as of fat of the land, but can't help loving a lot of their material. Not the way I did with the earlier stuff though. That stuff was almost transcendental, the later stuff is just brilliant pop music (the earlier stuff was too in a way but I digress)

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Firstly, hello!

Yeah I'm kind of in the same boat. I love Experience and pretty much every album after that gets progressively less interesting.

After Fat of the Land was "Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned" which SUCKED. No Maxim + Keith which I was fine with but he just replaced them with even worse vocals and more of them. "Spitfire" is kind of fun just for the simple, brainmelting bass hit but there is nothing from that album I go back and listen to. It was like all of the worst parts of Fat of the Land with very little of what made Prodigy interesting in the first place.

The remaining albums have a few good tracks here and there (I enjoy "Rhythm Bomb", "Wild Frontier" and "Rebel Radio" off of Day is My Enemy and "Warriors Dance" and "Take Me to the Hospital" off Invaders Must Die) but even the best stuff off the more recent albums is a pale, poppy imitation of the first couple of albums and I haven't even bothered listening to most of the new album.

Last edited:

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
One of my favourite bands in the day. Cant say I am familiar with their stuff after Always outnumbered.
Very sad Keith is gone now.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
im calling conspiracy.
this thread shows up, now Keith is gone.....

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
im calling conspiracy.
this thread shows up, now Keith is gone.....

That was odd that I complained about not liking his vocals and he kills himself the same day.
I'm sorry.... :crying: