The PSX DVR; the dumpster fire PS2 that I love so much

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Was thinking this too, also since they are so fragile you can bet it's gonna break on the way to your house even if you pay 2x the console's value in shipping.

I'd totally buy one as a luxury master-console item. Just curious, anyone know In what other ways can this thing break easily, assuming its owner would leave it in the same spot and handle the disc tray with care?
it either a) loses the ability to play PS2 games because that laser gets weak or b) HDD fails. Those are really the two failure points

But since the HDD is signed to the motherboard once its dead its all dead

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Always funny when two autists have to explain their fucking joke to each other. Yikes

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
it either a) loses the ability to play PS2 games because that laser gets weak or b) HDD fails. Those are really the two failure points

But since the HDD is signed to the motherboard once its dead its all dead

and great video, I never knew about this thing til you made this thread !

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

and great video, I never knew about this thing til you made this thread !
usually when someone says that I say 'now you know it exists...go buy it" but in this instance I recommend against lol

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
AHEM:

gmjmFYV.jpg

I don't know why spergs get mad at people calling the PS1 the PSX. Yeah we know you read the PSX DVR wikipedia article, settle down.
bump

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
A dev kit...a open BIOS...these are not official retail nomenclature. The MGS comment is a much a straw man as your meem was. Do you know what "official" is?

At no point am I claiming that hundreds of thousands of people didn't use incorrect terminology. In fact, that IS my entire complaint in a nutshell. When people are apparently amazed that a "PSX" is a PS2 they clearly have been using the wrong term for a long time...but not so long that they remember when NCS was selling the actual PSX...or when NCS was simply called NCS instead of NCSX...what they became known as since "ncs.com" was taken and adding an "x" was a very common way to get around that.

If a Playstation 5 is a PS5 and a Playstation 4 is a PS4 and a Playstation 3 is a PS3 and a Playstation 2 is a PS2...why did you REQUIRE than an "x" be added to "PS"?

Is it because X is short for Xtreme? Don't be so extreme.

...yeah, pretty much. X Games. The movie XXX. People spelling extreme as Xtreme...yeah, all that was dead by the time the PS2 came out.

I can smell the BO and autism from here.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I bought one of these from a recycle shop back in 2012. I took it back the next day because it was such a piece of trash.