The Super-Late-To-The-Party Star Wars : Force Awakes thread

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I read that there was a puzzle being sold on Amazon that listed lando as the father. It was official Star Wars merch, and the description was changed later after it got spotted and mentioned around the Internet. Could be a goof, or internally someone slipped and gave away who his parents were.

Its probably a goof...Skin tone dont match, Lando is a light skinned brotha...I would go with Mace Windu as the Great grandaddy.

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Did you honestly think it would magically just turn into a good flick?

I'm just in a Stars wars mood with the new film being out and all so I watched it.

THIS WEEKEND IM GOING TO WATCH EPISODE II!!!!

Then I will come back on here and tell you all how bad it is too.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Episode II was worse than Episode I, which also had politics/trade negotiation scenes, but also had more exciting action scenes, and less corny dialogue than II. Why does everyone prefer Episode II over Episode I? Is it because they don't like Jar Jar Binks?

Oh shit, joe8 and I have the same opinion. :oh_no:

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I thought it was just average. The script was lacking and borrowed way too much from the original trilogy in terms of story elements, settings and characters.

"So I understand that this movie, I would argue much more than the ones that follow, needed to take a couple of steps backwards into very familiar terrain" - JJ Abrams

I can understand that someone might say, 'Oh, its a complete rip-off! We inherited Star Wars.' The story of history repeating itself was, I believe, an obvious and intentional thing" - JJ Abrams

So it was pretty much slapped together using "tried and true" elements from the previous films with the main goal of introducing new characters. I will be finding out which way the sequel 'steps' from my couch with a $2.00 bluray rental next time.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I thought that the Star Wars movie felt more like an Indiana Jones movie.

Especially the prominent use of a MacGuffin.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
So i just saw STFA today , got to say im surprised the movie wasnt spoiled for me since there were some major spoilers. As a stand alone movie i thought it was great as a part of star wars i thought it was just a remake mash up. Obviously not a huge Star wars fan thats why it took so long for me to see. I cant wait to see the the next iteration of the death "whatever" maybe they'll use a sun next.
it crept into my mind during the movie . Female hero, black sidekick, Hispanic sidekick, female storm trooper , white male enemy. Then i come here and see poonmans post and dont feel as bad.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
I've seen TFA yesterday being extra late to the party. It was a great movie overall but damn that Kylo Ren character is such a fag. He looks like a spoiled brat or something.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Ok, this is my first visit to this thread, because I didn't have time to see TFA until the day before yesterday.

I liked it, but my main gripe (like others here) is that yeah, they played it too safe and stuck right with the old formula.

I also agree that Kylo got too much "face time". Should have kept the helmet on until he met with daddy Han.

My biggest gripe though was Kylo's power level. He's able to suspend blaster shots in mid-air and freeze people in place early on in the film, yet somehow allows 2 people to lightsaber duel with him at the end? One of which wasn't even strong with the force, and the other a rookie Jedi with zero training...

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Ok, this is my first visit to this thread, because I didn't have time to see TFA until the day before yesterday.

I liked it, but my main gripe (like others here) is that yeah, they played it too safe and stuck right with the old formula.

I also agree that Kylo got too much "face time". Should have kept the helmet on until he met with daddy Han.

My biggest gripe though was Kylo's power level. He's able to suspend blaster shots in mid-air and freeze people in place early on in the film, yet somehow allows 2 people to lightsaber duel with him at the end? One of which wasn't even strong with the force, and the other a rookie Jedi with zero training...

I write it off to emotion...

The whole emotion + force thing is talked of over and over.

Those that cannot control their emotions lose their control over the force.

Kylo is a child, and a cunty child at that. Funny enough, just like his grandfather, also a cunt. he hand't had much of a challenge from the masses. He was up against a different battle at that point, something he wasn't used to.

Being the young, and emotional cunt that he is...he lost it. Also, by what I understand, the book mentioned that killing his father actually weakened him. You know, because he just rammed a light-saber through his pop and chucked him into the shit-abyss. I'm gathering that might prove to be a slight distraction to the average emo-teen.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Meh, I don't buy it. Fear and hate and other negativity strenghten the dark side. If anything, he should have become more powerful.

Also, why does he invoke Vader when Vader died a light sider.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Meh, I don't buy it. Fear and hate and other negativity strenghten the dark side. If anything, he should have become more powerful.

I'm guessing that he thinks of Vader as "A super kick ass Sith that had a momentary, and fatal, lapse of better judgement".

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yeah, you're probably right there. The spirit of Anakin should have haunted his ass though and told him otherwise.

Gripes aside, it was a fun movie and I enjoyed it immensely. I'd rank them all like this: VI (yes, goddammit, VI) > V > IV > VII > III > I > II

I still think VI is the best because Luke's final encounter with the Emperor and Vader is so damn good. I can overlook the damn Ewoks.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Yeah, you're probably right there. The spirit of Anakin should have haunted his ass though and told him otherwise.

Gripes aside, it was a fun movie and I enjoyed it immensely. I'd rank them all like this: VI (yes, goddammit, VI) > V > IV > VII > III > I > II

I still think VI is the best because Luke's final encounter with the Emperor and Vader is so damn good. I can overlook the damn Ewoks.

I'm pretty sure that pics of NG member's b-holes ------>I > II....

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I wish I still had my fan edits of Episodes I-III, they were magnificent. No mentions of virgin births or midichlorians, and they tightened things up so the pacing was much smoother. It actually made the trilogy worth watching, and dare I say... enjoyable as fuck!

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

Luke is the only one we know who actually knows that.

Canonically the audiences has no idea what he told anyone about Vader's redemption. I'd presume Leia knows the truth per "Tell your sister you were right." Otherwise I doubt the rest of the new Republic remembers Vader as anything BUT a badguy. Much less know that, perhaps ultimately, it was he who was the downfall of the Empire.

Respect.

I'm with you.

That scene with the force lightning hitting Luke and you see it reflected off Vader's mask. FFFFuuuuuuck. You're staring at a goddamn mask but the emotion is there. Real, tanglible emotion. It's like you're looking in to Anakin's soul. Always the most powerful scene for me.

Plus I love Luke as a Jedi in RotJ. He and Obi-Wan in Ep. IV define a Jedi for me. A Jedi order that ultimately realized the futility of violence (but that's a discussion for another day.)

Last edited:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Anita Sarkeesian liked it according to her vapid as fuck review....mostly because of the infallible, don't-need-no-man lead female trope who was in a biracial relationship with the bumbling jackass male trope.

When stripped down to its core underpinnings, this shit was "Everybody Loves Raymond" in space.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer

Canonically the audiences has no idea what he told anyone about Vader's redemption. I'd presume Leia knows the truth per "Tell your sister you were right." Otherwise I doubt the rest of the new Republic remembers Vader as anything BUT a badguy. Much less know that, perhaps ultimately, it was he who was the downfall of the Empire.

Snoke knows, Ren knows...I feel like Han or Leia might have made mention of it as well but I cant remember.

So Lukes not the only one that knows about Vaders remption.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

Respect.

I'm with you.

That scene with the force lightning hitting Luke and you see it reflected off Vader's mask. FFFFuuuuuuck. You're staring at a goddamn mask but the emotion is there. Real, tanglible emotion. It's like you're looking in to Anakin's soul. Always the most powerful scene for me.

Plus I love Luke as a Jedi in RotJ. He and Obi-Wan in Ep. IV define a Jedi for me. A Jedi order that ultimately realized the futility of violence (but that's a discussion for another day.)

/high five

The dialog between Luke and Vader is great stuff. I like how mature Luke had become by the third movie and how he is able to calm his emotions even when facing certain death by two of the biggest badasses in the galaxy.

And yeah, I love that part when Luke is getting electrocuted as well. Even with the mask on you can see how torn Vader is between serving his master and saving his son. The tension is palpable. Fucking love it! :buttrock:

Anita Sarkeesian liked it according to her vapid as fuck review....mostly because of the infallible, don't-need-no-man lead female trope who was in a biracial relationship with the bumbling jackass male trope.

When stripped down to its core underpinnings, this shit was "Everybody Loves Raymond" in space.

LMAOOOOOO