The terrifying effects of sunfade

Praise the Lard

Sieger's Squire
We all (should) know it's not terribly uncommon for Japanese AES games to be sunfaded to some extent, but look what I spotted on eBay recently:

metal_slug_4_sunfade1.jpg
metal_slug_4_sunfade2.jpg

It's Metal Slug 4, so it's not even really that old.. You can see patches of yellow where, presumably, price stickers were. It was almost as if it sat in the window of a Japanese shop since the time of release until some kind soul decided to buy it before the ink turned white. I don't recall ever seeing a worse example of a sunfaded AES game than this. Woe is MS4. :oh_no:

Koopa64

Sieger's Squire
inb4 "olol MS4 deserves it"

But seriously though, that's sad. The background of MS4 is suppose to be all yellow, but now it's almost all completely white! That's rough, can't see that copy going for as much as better condition ones. :oh_no:

And IMO MS4 is a good game.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Koopa64 said:
The background of MS4 is suppose to be all yellow, but now it's almost all completely white!

Little nuggets of information I did not know. :oh_no:

That's rough, can't see that copy going for as much as better condition ones.

I didn't know this either! thanks! :oh_no:

And IMO MS4 is a good game.

:oh_no: yes I guess your emulator does a good job of it.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
I think MS4 is an honest game, that lack the gfx eye-candy of the former latest installment in the series, yet has the benefit of 'trimming back' the theme on strict military feel. Having been produced in the worst moment for SNK, I emphasize its honest value. I don't emulate it though.

mydogbilly

Geese's Thug
Thanks for sharing that. That's one thing that I always fail to consider when buying a game. I'll keep my eyes out for it in the future.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Couldn't have happened to a nicer game.

Doing something worthwhile with that cart... like make it into a shock troopers AES :vik: