The TRUTH about "NGF"

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
>I have been trying to read through the posts and I agree with Shawn and Dion.

Ok, Shawn's simply being fair. I see that he's gone back on his word to me about reporting dion to the ifcc, and that he paid dion (474 after the escrow fee) for an extra game, in order to get the game he already payed for. Again, this is how NGF gets people to play right into their hands, just like Geddon had to buy a copy of Shinoken from Chris Ray in order to get the two games HE already ordered. People always end up playing "nice nice" with "NGF" because apparently having new games is more important than having integrity. (no offense guys! I know Geddon was just trying to get his stuff)

As for you new folks who just wandered into "neo-geo.com" and think you know what's up, you don't know JACK.

>Why is it the neo community has to behave like jerks?

Like jerks?? You weren't around when dion was saying "I AM NEO GEO" and making BLATANTLY racist remarks on a public Neo Geo mailing list.

In the time that I've known of dion, he's lied and done more fucked up things than I can count, but here are a few:

1) Claimed all MVS games were also released on home cart. (a blatant lie that can be backed up by JMK and many others)

2) Lied about his hit count. Said he had 500,000 hits, when he actaully had less than 50,000. (shawn the webmaster can confirm this)

3) Emailed me, TELLING me to ban people who didn't like him, basically trying to throw his weight around as Neo God, saying that they needed to go. I told him that I needed a reason. He didn't provide one, and left in a huff.

4) Claimed to be preparing to PRINT a US version of NeoGeo Freak Magazine. That's why he has the NGF URL, because he was claiming to have ties with the REAL NGF: http://www.neogeofreak.co.jp
and saying that he had a magazine coming out, that was SUPPOSED to be out MONTHS ago. Everyone reacted like "whatever" but dion and chris kept claiming that they had a mag coming out. Since they obviously don't, they obviously have no claims or rights to the Neo Geo Freak.com URL, trademarks or logos. They have since backpeddled on the mag, but it was obvious that this was their plan from the beginning.

Start the excitement about a MAG going, then use the site you CLAIM to be for a publication, to sell games. Big surprise.

5) Sold the "Irritating Maze homecart, which they claim can be played with a trackball, but cannot be played AT ALL. Also they claimed that they would have a Certificate Of Authenticity FROM SNK. In an UNPRECEDENTED move, Alicia Barone (the SNK Prez's daughter), actually came down to Yahoo! Clubs and stated that this was NOT TRUE and that SNK had in NO WAY endorsed the IM project, and that they never promised a certificate either. She also said she didn't know how dion would get the carts to sell, because they simply WILL NOT be playable on the home cart unit, PERIOD. (I also have the posts to prove this along with at least 50 people who saw it)

6) Tried to buy up every copy of Metal Slug X from SNK, in order to paint them orange, raise the price, and make it an "NGF" only title.

7) dion ripped off Shinichirou Mukaigashira, owner of Supersellers. These are Shinichirou's EXACT words, which you can confirm by emailing him:

"I know a man called Dion Dakis. The software of NeoGeo has been sold to him before. However, since he has doubt which is carrying out the criminal act, he is taking care not to be concerned. (The unjust copy, forgery, etc. of a product package)

He has not yet paid the price of the goods purchased from me about 6
months before. (about $600!!) It is very disreputable although his action is seen by news group or mailing list.

(There are many grievances in goods transactions) His transactions are not recommended."
>Super Sellers Group Owner
>Shinichirou Mukaigashira
>order.ssg@anet.ne.jp

You can email Shin and ask... know of many STORES that LIE??

8) Tried to pass off his shoddy goods as "official SNK" for a long time. Eventually, when cornered, he admitted: "All the parts and materials are 100% SNK and the inserts are printed from SNK digital files" Still, the games were assembled by dion, and thus, were NOT OFFICIAL in any way. (some selling for as much as $900, because they were believed to be genuine.

dion's angle was "I can find games nobody else can" and the fact was, this was true because dion made these games himself. (from parts) After being exposed for selling converted carts, dion claims suddenly that he said they were converted all along... another lie.
more here: http://lightning.prohosting.com/~billkwan/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000003.html

9) (from GUI LONG) ADOL WAS RIPPED OFF BY dion WHO SENT HIM A CONVERTED NEO CART "SHOCK TROOPERS" ADOL SCANNED THE CART AND THE PICTURE STILL RESIDES IN THE "SNKNEOGEOWARROOM" YAHOE CLUB. dion SENT THIS FAKE CART AND ADOL GOT MAD RIPPING THE STICKER ON THE CART......dion HAD ALSO WRITTEN HIS NAME IN THICK BLACK PERMANET MARKER ON THE BACK AND THE INSERT WAS MERELIE A PHOTOCOPIED EDITED PIC OF THE MVS MARUQEE PICTURE.......UPON SENDING THE CART BACK dion CLAMED ADOL HAD PAID THE 400 FOR THE STICKER THAT HE HAD RIPPED AND GAVE ADOL SOME RIPPOFF DEAL TO THE VALUE OF AROUND $100 AS COMPENSATION IF I REMEMBER THIS ONE CORRECTLIE(YOU CAN ASK ADOL THIS YOURSELF FOR A BETTER EXPLANATION)

and this is among poorly dealing Garg7, Shawn, Geddon, and many others.

10) _I_ stated that when Mouse Master/Keith Scroggins called dion in Las Vegas, dion never answered or returned his calles or emails, even though he was in town. _I_ THEN stated that this was perhaps because dion was afraid that Keith would want to see his fictional Ironclad cart (a CD only game). Keith had sent dion money for two games previously, and upon hearing my opinion on why dion didn't respond to Keith, dion counters with "Well then, since Keith thinks I'm afraid to meet him, then he can just come to Vegas and GET his games." Keith never said ANYTHING, but this is how dion A) controls what people say by holding them hostage over prepaid goods B)proves the fact that dion's mood affects his business practices, and that he's entirely unprofessional.

>Basically Billkwando, JM Kurtz, Jason, and I think 2 more. 5 against 1 isn't too fair. And those 5 are just saying the same junk over and over again, and not making any sense or showing any facts the their claims.

You are one person who OBVIOUSLY doesn't know what's up. Jeff is THE most reputable person to deal with in the COMMUNITY! His word IS fact. For most of us, who've trusted him enough to send our Neos to him, his word is enough. YOU are the one who doesn't know the facts, my misinformed coposter, and maybe I can educate you a bit...

>Dion come back. Never mind the people that are instigating fights, they are just attention seekers. You have helped Shawn and I think NGF is in a much better and respected light now. I think what you and your company are doing is great and I will get some NGF games soon. This I promise.

I understand your ignorance of the issues, but you are a perfect example of how people blindly follow dion and then get ripped off for it. Don't be a lemming.

just because Shawn is playing nice DOESN'T mean you should buy from dion!!! Shawn's a nice guy who doesn't like to fight, it's natural for him to behave kindly, but DO NOT mistake that as him saying that "NGF" is suddenly LEGIT, because they aren't and they NEVER WILL BE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HOPE THIS CLEARS SOME THINGS UP FOR A FEW OF YOU.....

Thanks,
Billkwando
utngmlink.gif
http://welcome.to/undertheneogeomoon
main_bkgd3.jpg

[This message has been edited by Billkwando (edited September 01, 2000).]

• Wow
Reactions: wyo

Robi15

20 Year Member
This is some heavy shelling. Can Dion or NGF explain this?

Robi15

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
>>>>>
Ok, Shawn's simply being fair. I see that he's gone back on his word to me about reporting dion to the ifcc, and that he paid dion (474 after the escrow fee) for an extra game, in order to get the game he already payed for. Again, this is how NGF gets people to play right into their hands, just like Geddon had to buy a copy of Shinoken from Chris Ray in order to get the two games HE already ordered. People always end up playing "nice nice" with "NGF" because apparently having new games is more important than having integrity. (no offense guys!)
>>>>>

Bill, this isn't how it worked out with me at all. And sorry, but I do take a certain degree of offense when accused of
not having integrity. Im not getting the two games I originally ordered since I acquired copies elsewhere long ago. Out of the blue, on HIS initiative, Chris offered reparations by offering Shinoken at a price discounted $170 (the money I originally sent), which in my eyes was an ACCEPTABLE and FAIR reparation so I chose it. I dont want to go into further detail than that, because its our deal and its in the process of happening right now, but Chris has taken steps above and beyond just the Shinoken as a measure of trust. I wasn't FORCED to buy anything. I was offered some options and I accepted one of them. Im not denying the problems we've had in the past, but these measures are definitely commendable and I appreciate them greatly.

I don't like publicly posting about NGF/Dion/Chris, or singling anybody out. I only did it once when my deal with Chris fell through, for the most part its usually a waste of time. I am a moderator of this board though, so I have to ask you Bill, was a crosspost to just about every forum really necessary? You definitely posted to some forums where this really doesn't belong. I think this board would be a lot better if there weren't any personal attacks.

If you all go back and read, Dion's presence on this board was free of personal attacks (unless provoked, and even then he kept his cool) and he brought up some cool neo-related issues and debates. I thought his presence was welcome. But, every thread involving him was accompanied by tons of flame posts and warnings and other nonsense. Is he deserving of this treatment? Maybe yes, maybe no, but thats not the issue. The issue is, its all stuff we've heard before and I'd like to keep the "NGF warning crusade" elsewhere in an effort to keep this BBS's content as rich with neo-related info as possible.

I really think you should stop posting about Dion and Chris so much. Stop the crusade dude, its not going anywhere and you've been doing it for what seems like years now.

I recommend to all of you considering a deal with NGF, if you feel uncomfortable in any way just request an iescrow transaction so both parties are completely safe.

John

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
>Bill, this isn't how it worked out with me at all. And sorry, but I do take a certain degree of offense when accused of
not having integrity.

So you're saying that you're getting Shinoken without having to pay ONE RED CENT extra?? Cos if that's NOT the case, then you DID have to spend more money, and what I said is correct. Otherwise....

Ok, so I misunderstood YOUR deal, but the other things I cited are correct. As for the "intergrity" comment, I instantly regretted it, and posted an addition. That was SOLELY aimed at shawn, and his assertion that he may buy from them again. THAT's what I was referring too. Buying from a known ripoff artist when you said that you'd report them to authorities would lack integrity to me, IF he actually was dumb enough to deal with them again.

Simply substitute ADOL for Geddon, because ADOL was forced to buy Breakers (or Ninja Masters) because of the Shock Troopers deal. It's the SAME thing as Shawn...

You have my apologies for making that SINGLE mistake about Chris, but it IN NO WAY cancels out or negates ANYTHING else I said about them. All the things I mentioned are documented and true. I just misunderstood your part of it.

I must THOROUGHLY apologize for the "integrity" comment. I consider you my friend, and a person of the highest values and ethics. This is the truth.

>I am a moderator of this board though, so I have to ask you Bill, was a crosspost to just about every forum really necessary? You definitely posted to some forums where this really doesn't belong. I think this board would be a lot better if there weren't any personal attacks.

Well at the same time you're criticizing me, Shawn was COMPLIMENTING my post over ICQ. I simply cross-posted everywhere dion cross-posted his "I'm leaving" message, and since neither you or Shawn complained about that, I can only assume your complaint is because I mentioned you. I actually had Shawn go back and remove most of them. The cross post was a gag...sorry...

>If you all go back and read, Dion's presence on this board was free of personal attacks (unless provoked, and even then he kept his cool) and he brought up some cool neo-related issues and debates.

Because he's TRYING to look like a nice guy for all the newbies here. Just ask Shawn, I'm sure he understands. dion's here to try and make himself look better, and like the injured party, thus I wrote the post I wrote.

>I really think you should stop posting about Dion and Chris so much. Stop the crusade dude, its not going anywhere and you've been doing it for what seems like years now.

I'm sorry I upset you, but for your one complaint, I've already gotten FIVE compliments, and once again, I'm doing this for the people who DON'T already know what's up, like that guy Patrick. I know you understand if you could see past being pissed off, my floridian friend. I post where dion posts, and that's just how it is, and will be.

I AM doing a service, and I can BET you at least 10 people here were totally unaware of the 10 items about dion that I posted, all of which are proven FACTS.

Again, John, to you I apologize...

Thanks,
Billkwando
utngmlink.gif
http://welcome.to/undertheneogeomoon
main_bkgd3.jpg

[This message has been edited by Billkwando (edited September 01, 2000).]

Patrick

n00b
It looks to me that you have been made the fool Billkwando. You seem to not know any of the real facts. You just put YOUR opinions or what YOU think is going on and has happened. As it is now, you almost got Geddon_it back into another situation with NGF. You seemed to have brought JMKurtz and that Mouse Master/ Keith Scroggins into it as well. Maybe if you kept your mouth shut more people would be happy here. You are a big pain and a brat. It seems like you really are obsessed with Dion, Chris, and NGF. I can't imagine you remembering all those made up comments. Do you have them all saved in a notebook by your bed? And Geddon-it is right. I read through Dion's posts, and HE never started any fights. It was you, JMKurtz, and a few other people. You say your posts are facts, obviously you don't know what the word means. Those are your OPINIONS. IT looks like Shawn, Mike, Asam, and many others are very happy with NGF and their sevice. Look at all the other collectors out there who have the NGF cartridges. I saw many of them on Shawn's collection page also. That proves many people are buying them. I really think you are just jealous. And that is my opinion, but it seems to be fact now. So to quote Dion "To be talked about is to be thought about." Get a life boy, and don't try to do me or other Neo players a service, because your more of a hassle. If we need your opinions, we will ask for them. NOT!

[This message has been edited by patrick (edited September 01, 2000).]

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
No offense, patrick, but you're full of shit.

Billkwando knows of what he speaks. He's watched Dion's unethical practices for years now, and he's quite knowledgeable about them all. You, on the other hand, could be nothing more than another fake Dion account, as far as I'm concerned. Post from a different IP address, and you could be anyone, or no one. I don't care, but don't intervene when you don't know what the f*ck you're talking about.

Dion's "business practices" are shit, and "NGF", such as it is, is a joke. That's the bottom line, and all Billkwando is trying to do is prevent people from being ripped off. So, you might want to shut up, Dion . . . uh, sorry, I mean PATRICK (sure
smile.gif
) unless you know what you're talking about.

Patrick

n00b
I'll just copy my last reply.

Yes you are right. I am really Dion. When all else fails, blame everyone on being him. That seems to be the only way you guys can get out of a losing battle. I have seen a few other people here also being accused of being Dion also. You're lives must be very sorry.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Is that all you can say? That's a pretty weak response, dude.

Personally, I think you've got a sorry attitude, and you don't contribute anything to the Neo community, other than your counter-attacks on Billkwando. You obviously are not in possession of any facts regarding the past history of "Dion" and "NGF", so you might as well sit it out on the sidelines, ASSUMING that you're not "Dion" or one of his cronies anyway. Which I'm not convinced of, "patrick".
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Robi15

20 Year Member
Patrick, It's not you'r business. Don't interfere with something you don't know about. I do not have the facts eather, so I wach the people who do. You'r messages are meaningless and annoyng. Please stop.

Robi15

Hans

In my bathroom I pee sitting. No splashing
Goob of the Year
who knew the neo geo community was full of so much drama. this is fascinating

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
I never understood why people hate the necrobumping. Isn't that the idea of technology? That time doesn't really matter anymore? Everything is always availabe. These are often the same people who relpy "search the old threads" to a question.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I never understood why people hate the necrobumping. Isn't that the idea of technology? That time doesn't really matter anymore? Everything is always availabe. These are often the same people who relpy "search the old threads" to a question.

He added nothing, no new news or information .

That's where the hate comes from.

Hans

Goob of the Year
My bad guys. Won't happen again

Hans

Goob of the Year
Didn't know i wasn't supposed to comment on old ass threads

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
this thread made me remember that chimpmeister existed. Thanks a lot

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Twenty years on there's still no truth. Only bullshit lie.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Am I misremembering or did Dion have a phase as…maybe a house music producer? I seem to remember him listing his discography on the old Neo mailing list back in the day. This was when he self applied the name Crazy Dion. He dropped the Crazy at some point after it became obvious that he was genuine delusional.

Or maybe all that was a dream I had…this was all before this forum existed but for sure somebody here still remembers the flame wars on the mailing list.

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
Dion is a real man!

Even signed up on a German video game board back then in order to defend himself in German (looked like machine translator though)