The Walking Dead TV series courtesy of AMC.

Eric

Fight On!,
btw, you guys notice the tie between this series and Stephen King's "The Mist" movie? Jeffrey DeMunn, Laurie Holden & Melissa McBride were in both.... o_O
coincidence?...

Jeffrey DeMunn was also in Shawshank Redemption, Green Mile, and The Majestic. Laurie Holden was in The Majestic as well.

There's probably some more but Darabont's filmography isn't too extensive.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
I liked tonight's episode because it did have more suspense. You can tell whoever is directing the show is trying to skimp a lot on costs, but for this episode it was okay. A lot of good development. I can see this kind of going the way of the comics, but was wondering if maybe Kirkman is using the show as a vehicle to retell the story the way he wanted it to be. Maybe he's not as detached as people are saying. Maybe.

Pretty much agree. Characters are finally starting to show some development. There were some things that bugged me (the shooting range with unlimited ammo, and the surprise zombie attack on Shane and Andrea), but I guess I'm used to that sort of thing that it doesn't bother me anymore. I can't wait for the final episode of this half season.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Pretty much agree. Characters are finally starting to show some development. There were some things that bugged me (the shooting range with unlimited ammo, and the surprise zombie attack on Shane and Andrea), but I guess I'm used to that sort of thing that it doesn't bother me anymore. I can't wait for the final episode of this half season.

I was more bothered with the zombie in the store than the zombies in the hood, because Glenn and Maggie had already been there. It was like what, the zombie was napping the first few time she went to the store, or maybe the zombie remembered how to open doors and hide behind shelves. Either way it was awkward. But I'll take it over a sat floater zombie any day, especially since it got Maggie to tell Glenn what's really happening with him and the group. This leads me to see this going the way the comics went, at least with Glenn.

As for unlimited bullets, the juxtaposition was pretty clear when later on Andrea only squeezed out 3 rounds on the walkers and her clip was empty.

Castor Troy

I only saw the episode one time, but I could have sworn I saw the zombie looking outside the window at Glenn (it was a split second thing).

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I only saw the episode one time, but I could have sworn I saw the zombie looking outside the window at Glenn (it was a split second thing).

In the most recent episode? I don't see anything, just the horses outside the windows.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Shane has been kind of redeeming himself, so I would say in the George R. R. Martin style, he's primed to be killed now. I know the show hasn't been like that, but it's time.

Castor Troy

Shane has been kind of redeeming himself, so I would say in the George R. R. Martin style, he's primed to be killed now. I know the show hasn't been like that, but it's time.

Hope not. Darryl and now Shane are the best things this show has going right now (this is coming from a Shane-hater since S1).

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Hope not. Darryl and now Shane are the best things this show has going right now (this is coming from a Shane-hater since S1).

I too hated Shane, but his exposure to zombies has brought out his character a lot more than other characters like Dale, who is just an old weirdo.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I too hated Shane, but his exposure to zombies has brought out his character a lot more than other characters like Dale, who is just an old weirdo.

Shane was always pretty much a suck ass character in the comic. This season of the show has done him a great service. I also like what they're doing with Glen and Andrea. I mean they were already badass in the comic but its finally starting to shine through in these last two episodes. The biggest disappointments lately have been Rick and Dale by a mile. Too outstanding characters but...well...not doing much for me.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Shane was always pretty much a suck ass character in the comic. This season of the show has done him a great service. I also like what they're doing with Glen and Andrea. I mean they were already badass in the comic but its finally starting to shine through in these last two episodes. The biggest disappointments lately have been Rick and Dale by a mile. Too outstanding characters but...well...not doing much for me.

Dale's problem is that he's hardly ever dealing with shit first hand. He's an observer. When Andrea is getting attacked by a walker in the RV, he watches overhead from the skylight, judging. The guy is just a dick.

Rick has been kind of sheltered too this entire season. As much as the show doesn't need to be about zombies, they serve as a vehicle to help bring out the characters more.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Shane fucking Andrea > Dale fucking Andrea

Goddamn right!

Dale's problem is that he's hardly ever dealing with shit first hand. He's an observer. When Andrea is getting attacked by a walker in the RV, he watches overhead from the skylight, judging. The guy is just a dick.

Rick has been kind of sheltered too this entire season. As much as the show doesn't need to be about zombies, they serve as a vehicle to help bring out the characters more.

Which is a shame and considering that Rick is the central character of the series. I would think it'd be on their priority to solidify the focus on him this season since it was scattered and vague last season.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Which is a shame and considering that Rick is the central character of the series. I would think it'd be on their priority to solidify the focus on him this season since it was scattered and vague last season.

If anything, we are being shown that Rick is not a leader. He's just wearing the Sheriff hat. There is no real leadership in the group. Darryl is doing what he thinks is right, looking for Sophia. Shane is doing what he feels obligated to do. Rick is just doing the right thing. But who is taking orders? Glenn? That's it really. Herschel's family is looking to Rick for leadership more than the original group.

Castor Troy

Even though I had the ending spoiled last week, thought the ending to the mid season finale was pretty cool. Can't wait to see the second part of season 2 next year.

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
Ok, I'm man enough to admit that I teared up at the end of tonight's episode.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
another pretty decent episode. Im curious to see shanes interactions with the group coming up in the second half.

Also looks like they aren't leaving the farm quite yet- the next half preview looks like a lot more fun down on the farm.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Ok, I'm man enough to admit that I teared up at the end of tonight's episode.

Sophia looked like my mom when she was young so that scene was fucked up on a whole 'nother level for me.

No parent should have to watch their kid turn zombie and get shot in the head.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
She was in the barn the whole fucking time?

Fuck this show.

I admit it was an emotional moment, but let's recap, shall we? Precisely fuck all happens until this episode, wherein we get the thinnest of climaxes and find out that the goddamn kid was in there for who knows how long. What, did Herschel just forget about it? Ridiculous.

Now we have to wait until February? I guess this show isn't content to show us nothing from week to week, now we have to wait a few months to see more nothing.

For me it comes down to this: I wish this show was better. It could be great, but for now, it's fucking terrible.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
P.S. Is it me or was Shane right the whole time? Rick was acting like a goddamned pussy. To me this is also really stupid, because Shane is clearly a nascent villain, even though he's clearly a more effective leader than Rick. They better fix that shit real quick, though I seriously doubt they will.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
She was in the barn the whole fucking time?

Fuck this show.

I admit it was an emotional moment, but let's recap, shall we? Precisely fuck all happens until this episode, wherein we get the thinnest of climaxes and find out that the goddamn kid was in there for who knows how long. What, did Herschel just forget about it? Ridiculous.

Now we have to wait until February? I guess this show isn't content to show us nothing from week to week, now we have to wait a few months to see more nothing.

For me it comes down to this: I wish this show was better. It could be great, but for now, it's fucking terrible.

I'll bet otis found her and put her in the barn. This was before the huge search at the farm. Before otis knew there was a missing girl to say 'hey there is a little girl I put in the barn' he was killed by shane.

P.S. Is it me or was Shane right the whole time? Rick was acting like a goddamned pussy. To me this is also really stupid, because Shane is clearly a nascent villain, even though he's clearly a more effective leader than Rick. They better fix that shit real quick, though I seriously doubt they will.

while shane was probably right, rick is trying to play it 'right' by abiding by hershels rules on his land. needless to say the group could easily overpower herschels people, but i think rick is just consumed by trying to hang onto the last bit of humanity and civilization. I think his character really stepped up and showed he was a leader by putting sophia down when everyone else froze.

Last edited:

hexcrass

n00b
I was talking with my friend about this show a few weeks ago. I said that the only thing that would redeem this show at this point would be for them to find Sofia in the barn. We both agreed that that would be too awesome and it would never happen.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'll bet otis found her and put her in the barn. This was before the huge search at the farm. Before otis knew there was a missing girl to say 'hey there is a little girl I put in the barn' he was killed by shane.

Oh nice point. I completely forgot that sequence didn't leave time for Otis to know what they were doing. Or did he? I mean, when they were searching for Sophia, Carl got shot, and he helped the group bring Carl to the house. Just thinking it probably had a chance to come out. But probably wasn't mentioned. I don't know. I guess Otis wasn't going to tell people about their barn of walkers.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Oh nice point. I completely forgot that sequence didn't leave time for Otis to know what they were doing. Or did he? I mean, when they were searching for Sophia, Carl got shot, and he helped the group bring Carl to the house.

I would think if thats the case tis didnt put 2 and 2 together because carl was in such danger and needed the supplies. If i was stuck in that spot i would be more concerned with the living dying kid i accidentally shot rather than the random walker kid i didnt know in the barn. Plus at that point he didnt have her description and details of the search.

I don't know. I guess Otis wasn't going to tell people about their barn of walkers.

there's that too.

Last edited: