The Wii U - Nintendo's best failure - Pikmin 3 - 2/23

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The number of physical exclusives is quite small now, but some games used the WiiU screenpad in novels ways that the ports do not.
that might be a more interesting list than just what is exclusive.

Plus, NintendoLand is still better than MarioParty in many respects.

The WiiU is also my preferred emulation machine.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
The number of physical exclusives is quite small now, but some games used the WiiU screenpad in novels ways that the ports do not.
that might be a more interesting list than just what is exclusive.

Plus, NintendoLand is still better than MarioParty in many respects.

The WiiU is also my preferred emulation machine.

There's a few titles worth tracking down. This for example I don't think will appear on the Switch.

s-l1600.jpg

I think if you hadn't gotten this yet awbacon, it would be 100% worth the price of admission. It's normally only 20 bucks at most complete.

Edit: Yes I know this came out on the DS but I think the Wii U version of this is much better.

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
NES Remix seemed pricey for what it is. I've been hoping it would turn into one of those $15 games you find from the liquidators like vglq or dealtavern.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
NES Remix seemed pricey for what it is. I've been hoping it would turn into one of those $15 games you find from the liquidators like vglq or dealtavern.

I thought so also when it first came out but this actually turned out to be a heck of a packed game. A lot of neat challenges for those of you who think they got mad NES skills. The 1st remix challange was funny at first because I used to play some of the original Super Mario Bros. levels by only running and jumping without slowing down.

That 1st test was just that, The long bridge run with the Cheep-Cheeps coming up from below. I'm like ok this is easy and beat it. After I finished it I went back and tried it again only to realize that Mario was set to run only without stopping. Very clever but hey I used to play this game like this years ago.

I'd say if you do find a copy of this out in the wild at a good price, grab it.~

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I thought so also when it first came out but this actually turned out to be a heck of a packed game. A lot of neat challenges for those of you who think they got mad NES skills. The 1st remix challange was funny at first because I used to play some of the original Super Mario Bros. levels by only running and jumping without slowing down.

That 1st test was just that, The long bridge run with the Cheep-Cheeps coming up from below. I'm like ok this is easy and beat it. After I finished it I went back and tried it again only to realize that Mario was set to run only without stopping. Very clever but hey I used to play this game like this years ago.

I'd say if you do find a copy of this out in the wild at a good price, grab it.~

I actually do need to pick a copy of this up before the price gets wild

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

Probably the most criminally underrated game on the entire Wii U

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I enjoyed the gameplay of ZombiU and it's amazing use of the gamepad. Probably better than Nintendo's tech demo Nintendo Land. I just wish there was some better narrative than I was a random person dying repeatedly

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I enjoyed the gameplay of ZombiU and it's amazing use of the gamepad. Probably better than Nintendo's tech demo Nintendo Land. I just wish there was some better narrative than I was a random person dying repeatedly

I always wondered how many deaths were possible till your characters started to recycle

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

Hands down IMO one of the best games Nintendo has created in years

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
the Wii U was really a great console, especially when it comes to modding and emulating. Super Mario 3D World is still amazing, also Mario Kart. It still is the favorite console for my daughter if it comes to using Netflix since she can use the Wii U tablet for looking for stuff or Youtube. Still more easy than using some XBOX or PS pads. I still love this console even if it wasn´t a big success for Nintendo.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
the Wii U was really a great console, especially when it comes to modding and emulating. Super Mario 3D World is still amazing, also Mario Kart. It still is the favorite console for my daughter if it comes to using Netflix since she can use the Wii U tablet for looking for stuff or Youtube. Still more easy than using some XBOX or PS pads. I still love this console even if it wasn´t a big success for Nintendo.

Same. Nintendo's "failures" (GameCube / Wii U) are also my fav systems from them

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
I thought it was a great system, but understand why it failed. Nintendo fans who missed out on it can take solace in the fact that most of the games on the wii u have been released on the switch. They aren't missing alot.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
I thought it was a great system, but understand why it failed. Nintendo fans who missed out on it can take solace in the fact that most of the games on the wii u have been released on the switch. They aren't missing alot.
It was great until all the good games got ported over to the switch. Now it's nearly obsolete, I use mine as an HDMI enabled Wii. I still enjoy some of the exclusive games, but with the ports going to the Switch it's hard to justify keeping it around

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
It was great until all the good games got ported over to the switch. Now it's nearly obsolete, I use mine as an HDMI enabled Wii. I still enjoy some of the exclusive games, but with the ports going to the Switch it's hard to justify keeping it around

This.

The Mario that just got ported was the nail in the coffin. If they port the rebirth series to switch, mines getting boxed up and sold.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This.

The Mario that just got ported was the nail in the coffin. If they port the rebirth series to switch, mines getting boxed up and sold.

The WiiU makes an excellent emulation machine if you don't have a retroPi or some other modified box. soft modded WiiU is also one of the better ways to play gamecube games.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
The WiiU makes an excellent emulation machine if you don't have a retroPi or some other modified box. soft modded WiiU is also one of the better ways to play gamecube games.

I need to mod my Wii U for GameCube stuff so I can stop using my Wii

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
I still play my daughters Wii U for Windwaker and Twilight princess HD. I don't think those have been ported to switch. Yet.

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
My daughter still plays Wii Fit U on the WiiU and pretty much that is the most played game for the system. We also had so much fun with Super Mario 3D World with 4 players. My son spent quite some time playing Splatoon and Mario Kart online- I even bought a 2nd WiiU console just to play Splatoon with his classmates online. I remember having a hard time tracking down a copy of Devil's Third and drove 30 miles to get one last copy at Gamestop.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

A game on paper that makes no sense but when playing is amazing

ggallegos1

10 Year Member

A game on paper that makes no sense but when playing is amazing
I remember seeing gameplay of this and amazed at how realistic the fruit looked.