The Witcher 3

mookystains

Chairman Kaga sez, "Dakis-san's the one who's goin
It took me a little bit to get into it. The crafting system and alchemy system didnt click with me right away, but after the learning it and getting out of the tutorials first city, when the game really opens up, hoolllly shit I was hooked. Played it straight for an embarrassing amount of hours.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I got an R9 290 arriving today for this, and I pre-ordered the collector's edition back in JUNE, and UPS is supposed to be delivering it tomorrow.
I'll post some pics when that happens.

In the meantime, I'm about to wrap up my Witcher 2 playthrough again on the Iorveth path.

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
LOL, At least it runs at a solid 60 fps frame rate and does not have the weird texture loading issues on console versions. Enjoy your sub-30 fps, peasants. I am pleased with the game. I am not worried about graphical downgrades if it runs like a a champion and still looks phenomenal. Now keep obsessing over me on the internet.
:lol:

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
LOL, At least it runs at a solid 60 fps frame rate and does not have the weird texture loading issues on console versions. Enjoy your sub-30 fps, peasants. I am pleased with the game. I am not worried about graphical downgrades if it runs like a a champion and still looks phenomenal. Now keep obsessing over me on the internet.

What GPU(s) do you use?

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master

you're a fucking idiot. I have an i-4790k and 2xGTX970's in SLI and i bought the PS4 version. Why? because i can sit on my couch and play the game while i scratch my balls, rather than sitting at my computer desk jacking off over how awesome the game benchmarks

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member

What?

Nobody even talks to you or cares about you around here but that doesn't stop you from incessantly reminding everyone that they're console peasants at any given opportunity.

I don't wish anything horrible on you but it seems to me that if you just left, no one would really miss you. Whereas you seem to derive some kind of perverse satisfaction out of trolling and getting everyone to notice you.

Seems to me that you're the one obsessing because you keep doing this. Given your behavior, I bet that if you just stopped posting people would quickly forget about you. That's pretty much the opposite of obsessing.

Stuart989

You can sit on your couch and play PC games as well with some adjustments. No problem. That old, tired console argument on comfort is moot by now.

Stuart989

Processor
Intel Haswell-E i7-5960X with Corsair H105
Mainboard
ASUS Rampage V Extreme X99 (w Bios 0706)
Graphics Card
MSI GTX980 Gaming OC 4GB GDDR5
Memory
G.Skill RipJaws-4 4x4GB DDR4 @2666
Display
Dell U2410f, A02
Storage
Samsung 840 Pro 512GB; WD Caviar Black 3TB
Optical Storage
LG BH16NS40 Blu-ray Writer
Casing
Corsair Obsidian 450D
PSU
Corsair AX1200i 80+ Platinum
Audio
ASUS SupremeFX 2014; Altec Lansing MX5021 2.1 Speaker
OS
MS Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Processor
Mainboard
Graphics Card
Memory
Display
Dell U2410f, A02
Storage
Optical Storage
Casing
Corsair Obsidian 450D
PSU
Audio
OS

:oh_no: you went there.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
This is the result of spending your teenage years stuffed in a locker.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Processor
Mainboard
Graphics Card
Memory
Display
Dell U2410f, A02
Storage
Optical Storage
Casing
Corsair Obsidian 450D
PSU
Audio
OS

You only have the one 980?

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
You can sit on your couch and play PC games as well with some adjustments. No problem. That old, tired console argument on comfort is moot by now.

except you don't even play the games , instead you masturbate over benchmarks and rage when your frame-rates aren't as high as you expect and wait for a new driver update.

also, your monitor is shit.

Stuart989

Keep hating people. I enjoy your tears immensely.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Keep hating people. I enjoy your tears immensely.

Nothing to be sad about, that's a pretty good little system, just genuinely surprised you only have one 980.

Last edited:

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
likewise, a 980 and 1080p only. Why not 4k? or at least 5760x1080 surround

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
lol a dell monitor and just one
is this fucking 1996?

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Now that Witcher 3 has shipped I wonder if CD Projekt Red's A-team is now working on Cyberpunk 2077?

Or will they be working a new game altogether?

(please let it be Cyberpunk 2077...please let it be Cyberpunk 2077...please let it be...)

I am SO with you on this!

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
The kill cam on the fatalities is fabulous.

Splitting an enemy in half or decapitating them never ceases to be thrilling.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
The kill cam on the fatalities is fabulous.

Splitting an enemy in half or decapitating them never ceases to be thrilling.

Kill cam? I've only played about an hour so far and maybe fought a few drowned men and a couple of wolves, bought I haven't seen anything special sounding like a kill cam. Is it a setting? I did notice that enemies will get cut in half or have limbs severed depending on the angle of the final sword strike which is a great little detail. I've only made it to the inn in the first town so far; I got caught up picking berries and herbs while exploring...

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Kill cam? I've only played about an hour so far and maybe fought a few drowned men and a couple of wolves, bought I haven't seen anything special sounding like a kill cam. Is it a setting? I did notice that enemies will get cut in half or have limbs severed depending on the angle of the final sword strike which is a great little detail. I've only made it to the inn in the first town so far; I got caught up picking berries and herbs while exploring...

It seems random, I didnt change any settings. I have seen two different up close camera angles, one when slicing a head off from the side and stabbing through the chest. I took a guys arm off last night and it was fast and immediate, no camera differences.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
It seems random, I didnt change any settings. I have seen two different up close camera angles, one when slicing a head off from the side and stabbing through the chest. I took a guys arm off last night and it was fast and immediate, no camera differences.

Hmm, noted. Thanks for chiming in; I'm still getting used to the fighting engine (died the first 4 times I tried to fight the 4 drowned men near the chests outside the burnt out village) and the menu system and figured I must have missed a setting.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Hmm, noted. Thanks for chiming in; I'm still getting used to the fighting engine (died the first 4 times I tried to fight the 4 drowned men near the chests outside the burnt out village) and the menu system and figured I must have missed a setting.

For combat when first starting out use Quen, itll absorb the first hit from an enemy and block a lot. You can run like Quen and have a shield then switch to another spell and the shield will stay.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
The axii sign has been my favorite to use against heavily geared humans (two-handed axe wielders, shielded leaders, etc).

Confused, heavy attack, dead.