There was nothing wrong with game com

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
it makes a very interesting circuit bending project.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I was an early adopter to the Game.com and I still own it as with a couple hand full of games. I thought it was a neat idea and even had a few things that were way ahead of it's time, but the hardware and B&W screen really made this thing fail hard. The game I played the most was Solitaire and Lights-Out. The majority of the games were really bad, and the screen blur made most games next to impossible to play.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I always wanted the play the Duke Nukem game on it, you got that one?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I was all excited to play Mortal Kombat on the game.com, jesus christ is that game blurry.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
So I guess the next question should be: If it hadn't been for the screen blur would it have been a playable system? Were the games any good?

I have a friend that went to E3 or CES or one of those shows and actually played SotN on the Game.Com before it got canned. He said it wasn't too bad.

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I have 2... One of which is the backlit version...sealed...JEALOUS?! Got a few sealed games too.

Wookiemeat

Super Spy Agent
20 Year Member
Never came across this handheld, was it released in Europe?

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I always wanted the play the Duke Nukem game on it, you got that one?
Yes I do... it was an okay game but it was not Duke 3D. Think of Duke 3D meets Super Spy (it plays almost identical to Super Spy).

A lil jelly,also,
game com was terrible,but,it held alotta warm memories for me,It was my first handheld BEFORE i got a game gear
That is exactly the way I feel about it. Sure it's not the best console ever, but it brings back days that have gone past.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
albright-sidetalkin.jpg

It was the game.com all along.
What a clever ruse!

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
Game.com lovers will be happy to know that 13 years ago, I once saved a poor defenseless Game.com from certain doom. My friend owned one for a few years, and became so distraught with it that he placed it outside and prepared to hit it with a hammer. It may not be a titan amongst systems, but I couldn't bear to see a game system die. The hammer was in his hand, ready to drop, when I intervened and took it for myself.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
So what did you do? Was it a heroic moment where you threw your own body in the way of the hammer?

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
The only game that I could realistically play on it was Resident Evil 2. Just for the simple fact that you moved slow enough that the blur didn't hurt your eyes. Sonic on the other hand...my eyes just bleed every time I see it.