neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
i never did laundry either. Here is my path to clean clothes:

mom -> Ahu Iha -> mom -> wife -> mom/wife -> wife -> wife/kids

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Things I’ve never done…I don’t have any good answers to give compared to what’s already been said. Never having ridden a bike or washed your own clothes…that’s a special kind of retardation that most people have never had the luxury to inflict upon themselves. Lord…

I’ve also never seen Avatar. In fact I almost never see new mainstream Hollywood movies and I stopped watching TV so long ago I don’t even know what the channels are. I don’t know what’s on any radio station higher than 99 in any city. That isn’t to say that I don’t listen to music and watch movies and TV shows quite a lot, it’s just that they all play from discs or streaming services. Lately I’ve been really into stuff from the 30s and 40s movie-wise.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
What I'm also gleaning from this thread is that some of you have had only one partner, that you married straight outta mom's

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
If I was smashing a new bird once each month I would make sure I had enough clothes to see me out the month then give her a job to do before she leaves in the morning

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
*waiting for the inevitable kernow post "my dad makes more money than yours"!

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
That’s highly unlikely…do you live alone in a lighthouse?

Nope- quite the opposite. I’m an imunio compromised person, and have had the shot and subsequent boosters at the very earliest opportunity. I’ve also had great mask discipline, and better-than-neckbeard hygiene.

My wife and kids (that I live with) have had it. I’ve nursed them while they were sick.

Maybe it’s luck?

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
This week I just happen to be in the process of changing out the drive plate and transmission in my clothes washer. It has a significant corrosion issue…should be fixed by Saturday. I’ve had to use a torch and an impact hammer to get this far.

It now occurs to me that not only is this unimaginable capability to some people but even just putting the clothes in and running the machine when it’s all put together again is a skill set unknown to them.

I’m never letting my kid go to college longer than two years. It clearly makes massive pussies out of potentially decent men.

Even M can ride a bike and do laundry…fuck.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Nope- quite the opposite. I’m an imunio compromised person, and have had the shot and subsequent boosters at the very earliest opportunity. I’ve also had great mask discipline, and better-than-neckbeard hygiene.

My wife and kids (that I live with) have had it. I’ve nursed them while they were sick.

Maybe it’s luck?

I’d say maybe you’re just non-symptomatic. That seems way way more likely.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I’ve taken over 40 tests. Never once positive. I’m waiting for the inevitable call to take part in a medical study.

Or National Enquirer interview. Whichever comes first.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Never seen any of the Godfather movies.

Watch 1 and 2 and pretend 3 doesn't exist or find someone to edit out every single scene with Sofia Coppola.

I've known a shocking amount of guys that have never done their own laundry, housekeeping or cooking. They are completely dependent on a woman for extremely basic stuff. It's usually guys that get married young and go right from moms house to the wife.

I had a "serious" girlfriend in High School that wanted to get preggars and married but she was dumb as fuck. It made me bitter toward women after a nasty break up with her (she lied about being on the pill). Luckily she miscarried and I decided from that day forward that I'd be as independent as I could be without some stupid ass broad tying to tell me what to do ... until one day you stop being bitter and you fall in love and then that stupid bitch breaks your heart ... until one day you realize that maybe you spent most of your time going after stupid bitches or worse, maybe you're a dick who needs to change some so you can actually attract someone worth caring about other than yourself.

Point is: I don't need anyone to wipe my ass and I can cook a good steak.

Last edited:

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
The laundry thing does not come as a huge surprise.

I remember getting in on the morning of my wedding, hung-over to fuck, with my best man in tow. I asked him to iron my shirt while I went and showered... tells me he can't iron. Who the fuck doesn't know how to iron a shirt?

I also remember being on set of a Netflix show a few years back and one of the extras asked me to do his tie for him...

Others for me...

Never ridden a horse (despite having several relationships with women who owned them... in some cases several horses)

Never owned an Atari games console of any kind

Never watched Avatar either... no plans to, Cameron can stick his smurfs for adults project where the sun don't shine.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Never done real woodworking - fuck these guys that can build shit out of nothing

Never done real home repair - little things yes, but replacing a sink, framing and putting up drywall, etc. nope

Never eaten Japanese blowfish - https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-18065372

Never been to Japan or a proper Middle Eastern country - only Dubai airport and not sure if Morocco counts

Never rode a motorcycle but I love mopeds

Never put together my own PC but I can't imagine that being too hard to figure out

------

I do my own laundry, I steam my shirts because fuck ironing, my bicycle used to be my main mode of transportation in NYC, I can cook, I can clean, I take care of my living space so I don't feel shitty. I dunno, I feel every man should have most of these skills to be truly independent.

Last edited: