Thinking about buying a gpu. I need your opinion.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Imagine being a boomer and still being a console fanboy...

Yikes
Sitting at my desk with my sweet glowing tower in "stealth mode" playing some Skyrim mods!!!

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Why post here if you don't give a shit about PCs? loooool

The days of console games being in one corner, arcade games in another, and PC games in yet another are over. In fact, PC is the most accessible way to play arcade games now, period. Both legitimately and illegitimately. If you're still clowning PCs, like there's some imaginary line in the sand, get help. Those days are long gone by now.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
If there's anything in my post that is untrue, post. Lol react means you don't have anything to say. But yeah, I guess owning a PC means you're only into sick skyrim mods, like there's nothing else available on PC. Never mind that Steam has an excellent library of shooting games and that most hardcore sim racing takes place on PC. *shrugs*

Also, get a job. You're spending way too much time on here recently Kern dog.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Thats the Noctua D15 yeah? Also I see you carry protection :sneaky:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Do I spy a Ryzen build @Craig ? If so I'm interested in your thermals with that 2kg slab of metal.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Epyc is for servers and Threadripper for workstations you retard, two different enviroments from mainstream PC usage.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Epyc is for servers and Threadripper for workstations you retard, two different enviroments from mainstream PC usage.
Yes, but you can build an EPYC workstation. It can handle more RAM than Threadripper. Some EPYC m/boards can hold 4TB of RAM, while Threadripper is only 256GB max. Threadripper is for gamers and workstations.

Last edited:

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Yes, but you can build an EPYC workstation. It can handle more RAM than Threadripper. Some EPYC m/boards can hold 4TB of RAM, while Threadripper is only 256GB max. Threadripper is for gamers and workstations.
how much ram does one need for a gaming computer? the bottleneck is not going to be with the cpu.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
lol what do you need that much RAM for in a normal PC? nevermind that Eypc and threadripper hardware easily cost more than twice the money that a normal ryzen + mainboard does. a threadripper for pure gaming is just overblown and a waste of money.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
how much ram does one need for a gaming computer? the bottleneck is not going to be with the cpu.
16 GB is still enough for most cases, though 32 is probably the new standard. you sure as shit don't need anything higher for the time being.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
EPYC is better than Ryzen and Threadripper.
Why the fuck would I want to spend the cash equivalent of the next 10 years worth of upgrades on a EPYC build today? Come on joe, keep it together.

I went with a 5900x without really thinking about the ram situation with the Ryzen platform, can't get over 3800 with 1:1 fclk on a kit that would honestly exceed 4000 with a current Intel build. It's all marginal gains but they're my marginal gains!! Oh well it still competes unless you're a 400fps 1080p esports gamer.
Good god koalaman, 4 TERABYTES!? What the fuck are you doing!? running 100+ VM's? Get out of here or list your current build specs so we can laugh at you more.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Do I spy a Ryzen build @Craig ? If so I'm interested in your thermals with that 2kg slab of metal.
Nah, it's a 6700k. Still putting in work. Been thinking about doing the 12600k thing or maybe a Ryzen build but I'm gonna wait until something comes out that I can't play at a decent frame rate to force my hand.

For the most part I'm just playing CSGO lately anyway lol

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
GPU prices are tumbling down at the moment, probably not a bad idea to get a card now.