This guy hit the MVS Jackpot!!!!

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

Mostly common games, partial kits, not that exciting. Could be a decent profit margin depending on the price paid.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Anyone know who he is? Is he a member?

No idea who the guy is that's making the vid. He knows nothing about MVS or the Neo much at all. The guy making the vid wasn't the onw who picked all the games up though and what he mentions about the guy that made the deal it sounds like it's rcantor77 here. Not sure about the other guy that went in on the buy. I didn't watch all of the vid as the guy was talking about stuff of which he is not familiar with so I don't need spend time to sit and listen to that.

But like wyo said already. it's like 95% common carts. Sure, there's a few nice ones in there. But it's not anything I'd call a jackpot (unless it was picked up rather cheap)

LordCollector

New Challenger
No idea who the guy is that's making the vid. He knows nothing about MVS or the Neo much at all. The guy making the vid wasn't the onw who picked all the games up though and what he mentions about the guy that made the deal it sounds like it's rcantor77 here. Not sure about the other guy that went in on the buy. I didn't watch all of the vid as the guy was talking about stuff of which he is not familiar with so I don't need spend time to sit and listen to that.

But like wyo said already. it's like 95% common carts. Sure, there's a few nice ones in there. But it's not anything I'd call a jackpot (unless it was picked up rather cheap)
Yeah it was a great deal as he says he only paid a couple quid for it.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
When someone says they have 450 MVS games, when there weren’t even close to that many games released, it’s not an exciting announcement. It means 10 copies of the same old thing over and over. Unless you’re an arcade distributor from 30 years ago I don’t know WTF good that is to anyone anywhere.

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
Why would anyone listen to 40 minutes of a guy talking about how he bought 30 copies of Goal Goal Goal and boxes full of Art of Fightings. I guess it's great for the few interesting carts he got.

God I hate youtube collectors.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
When someone says they have 450 MVS games, when there weren’t even close to that many games released, it’s not an exciting announcement. It means 10 copies of the same old thing over and over. Unless you’re an arcade distributor from 30 years ago I don’t know WTF good that is to anyone anywhere.
It's a nice collection for yourself. Keep the nicest one of each and list the extra ones for sale.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
It's a nice collection for yourself. Keep the nicest one of each and list the extra ones for sale.
Pretty much this. If you're going to fullset the MVS library this is a great way to get a start, fill out your collection, and/or upgrade your copies. Sell the excess and if you did well enough on the deal and the spares sales you usually break even or make a few bucks.

It does take $ to buy the lot in the first place. And time to clean/test/list/pack/ship it all. But if you have the $ & time to do it, this is a great way to go

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
The guy talking is Alex, he's a big collector of Nintendo games. He's not a youtube collector but actually a big fan of Nintendo arcade/console games. It's good that he's got the opportunity to play MVS games and got a good selection of games to try out.

The guys involved in the purchase are on a UK arcade forum (ukvac) and are all good guys. The couple of quid (£2) charity/Thrift store is just a joke. The deal was made with another collector/seller in Europe. It would have cost quite a bit to buy plus shipping.

Roger (rcantor77) is a long time collector of Neo Geo MVS and selling off the duplicates/unwanted games on here.

He's a good guy and been on here for ages. Check his website out here with loads of scans of MVS art etc;