This is the most omininous thing I've ever heard a Femenist say...

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
This quote is taken from an article on The Hollywood Reporter about Lena Dunham giving a speech at something called the 'Matrix' awards:

"I feel so lucky to be among these women and to be redefining what that means for us, to be continuing the work of Gloria [Steinem] and her peers, and ~to be looking ahead at what needs to be done to preserve rights that should already be intact~, and to also carve out new areas that we never even imagined were possible for us," she explained during her acceptance speech.

What the fuck does that mean exactly, LENA?

To 'carve out new areas that we never even imagined were POSSIBLE for us'?

Like some sort of society that is actually controlled by women, huh- Lena?

Am I the only one here that finds this quote a tad disturbing?

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Lena Dunham is the worst thing to happen to women besides my dick - she's making women think that its attractive to look frumpy.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Clearly she is talking about some kind of new and innovative breast augmentation surgery.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Feminists are an interesting sort...especially the ones who are not gay. The lesbians are easier to understand/sort as they reside in an all female world...so they can despise men all they like. The straight ones, however, are intriguing. I'm shocked if they can find a man that is such a mental jellyfish that he can tolerate their non stop horse shit. I'm guessing that a vast majority of men would simply tell them to shut-the-fuck-up in short order.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Like any group of extremists, they are always "inspired" by anyone that tells them their delusions are correct.

The world is quickly becoming a place that frightens me more and more every day. It's getting to the point that if I could work from home, I don't know if I'd leave the house.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
The world is quickly becoming a place that frightens me more and more every day. It's getting to the point that if I could work from home, I don't know if I'd leave the house.

You know...I thought the same thing at one time, but I've changed my mind.

There's two worlds here...hidden/online, the real world.

If you base your world view on the internet then sure...the world is rapidly becoming a serious shit-show. If you walk out you front door however, it's a different story.

In my day to day life, I do not see 90% of what the internet claims/shows. Hell, I couldn't even "come out" on a mass scale as being transgender because of the social shock it would cause. If you believe the internet, trans people are around every corner, either coming out in mass groups, or from the moth of the other half, mass raping our children in public bathrooms.

These nutso feminists have been around for decades, its nothing new, it just has more of a spotlight because of the web is all...

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
You know...I thought the same thing at one time, but I've changed my mind.

There's two worlds here...hidden/online, the real world.

If you base your world view on the internet then sure...the world is rapidly becoming a serious shit-show. If you walk out you front door however, it's a different story.

In my day to day life, I do not see 90% of what the internet claims/shows. Hell, I couldn't even "come out" on a mass scale as being transgender because of the social shock it would cause. If you believe the internet, trans people are around every corner, either coming out in mass groups, or from the moth of the other half, mass raping our children in public bathrooms.

These nutso feminists have been around for decades, its nothing new, it just has more of a spotlight because of the web is all...

Yeah, the internet is a crazy place, but the real world is still pretty vanilla as far as I can see.

I find the balance is about right for me, enough to keep me interested, not too much to make me feel intimidated.

There aren't many oddities I can't even comprehend the thinking behind if I try.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
that's the real reason they hate men. because no man would fuck them.

The only thing feminists hate more than men is women who are not unattractive.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I dunno. I think the internet is giving the voice the voiceless and in turn giving people balls in real life that never existed previously. When a bunch of entitled stoners chain themselves up in traffic and fuck your whole day up, you'll understand.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Yeah, the internet is a crazy place, but the real world is still pretty vanilla as far as I can see.

I find the balance is about right for me, enough to keep me interested, not too much to make me feel intimidated.

There aren't many oddities I can't even comprehend the thinking behind if I try.

In my personal life, I've never known a feminist, I've only known 1 or 2 honest to god racists, the few homosexuals I've known have been quiet reserved, my dealings with Muslims have been nothing but pleasant. Save a few isolated pockets, crime is low...assault on children is almost nonexistent...

My only mass issues are with homosexual bigots, sexists and extreme Christians. Living where I do, the anti-homosexual attitude is strong and people are outspoken about it daily, sexism (both female-against-male and male-against-female) is everywhere, and outspoken Christians are fucking annoying.

The only thing feminists hate more than men is women who are not unattractive.

I do find that amusing as well...they love to hate pretty women...

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I had a girlfriend who was/is a feminist. Her conduct enlightened me on the fact that there are two main types of feminists: Those whom want to be considered equal to men, and those whom feel women are better than men. She was the latter, and it didn't take long for me to realize that she was trying to push an agenda hat I shouldnt succeed in life because I have a penis and therefore am hated. Hence why she's an ex.

I see feminism as not a bad thing per se, as there has always been an issue of women being seen as lesser, more frail, and otherwise incapable of performing the duties that men can. It's when the uber-feminists start to degrade women and men for every action that does not meet their view of how the world should be that turns me off. There are solutions to problems, and 90% of where to start is with the presentation of the view.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I see feminism as not a bad thing per se, as there has always been an issue of women being seen as lesser, more frail, and otherwise incapable of performing the duties that men can.

Minus the lesser part, isn't that statement true though?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Those whom want to be considered equal to men, and those whom feel women are better than men. She was the latter, and it didn't take long for me to realize that she was trying to push an agenda hat I shouldnt succeed in life because I have a penis and therefore am hated.

This type is hilarious to me. I grew up in a house of mostly women. I currently live in a house where I'm the only man. The three people I love the most in life are women. Hell, my boss is a woman. I see women as truly equal, no better, no worse, and yet to some of these feminists I'm the enemy.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
congrats on another pointless gay thread neobuyer, keep on giving shits about what retards say about whatever

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
A known pedofile.

Haaay....she deserves more credit than that....she's an INCESTUAL lesbian pedophile.

Also, these fuckwads are only a threat to the credibility and value of a university education (outside of the STEM fields).

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
congrats on another pointless gay thread neobuyer, keep on giving shits about what retards say about whatever

Oh come on, that quote- just because of her choice of words- is kinda hilarious. And retards are at their most fascinating when they put their 2 cents in on whatever. :) You know sage, there will be certain *ahem* ...benefits, to living in a warped matriarchal science fiction future for us guys...

fool, where my jerky :spock:

All in due time, I really am trying to find time to make it, but I'ma have to do a kickstarter type thing here to buy all the meat, 'cause TGIFriday$ has more steak fajitas to shovel down the throats of the American public.