This shit can be fixed ??? (re-write eproms)

Macck

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Guys some time ago i win a UK auction for one copy of the NitD....but as i say in the other section i received a damm bootleg...

Well...the fucking game have sound problem like: high noise....sound blow up...dosent understand any music or sound....the only sound that is not corrupt is the insert coin sound....

Bellow i posted two pictures from the pcbs and in the eproms i can read this:

S1 = TMS JL27C010A-15 LXE9423000
M1 = AM27C010 120DC 412J1VP 1275V PGM
C1L / C2L = SHARP LH28F320BFN - PTTLZS
P1 = M27C160
V2 = MXS0245 26L6420MC-30

nitda.jpg

nitdb.jpg

All video working normal...just the sound are corrupt....and as i see the P1,M1 and S1 can be re-writed.......someone here can do it for me or this cant be fixed ?

This shit is a junkie or can be fixed :conf:

[]'Macck

Shogeki

n00b
How is the sound corrupted ? is it scrambled ? only the sfx ?

I'm surprised to see a 26L6420 for the V, cause it's a 16bit rom, and V roms have to be 8bit usualy, but I'm no expert.

Check for dry solder joints around the 26L6420 on the prog board (maybe just put some flux on it and refresh the solders with you iron).

There are so many semi's on that prog board that it's possible that one might have actually blown.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
A 16 bit rom can easily be used in place of a 8 bit rom. Of course half of it will be unused.

Shogeki

n00b
Ok that explain why a 64mbit rom is used then i guess. (32x2)
Makk, I think I might have a lead on the problem, could you take a picture of the solder side of the prog board ?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Here's an important question, Was the sound working perfectly before?

Macck

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Xian....i cant know because since i receive it all times i try play the game the sound dosent works properly....

Wait i will take photos from the other side ......

Look....i tryed re-solder all the chips whitout lucky....so i think if i replace the correct eprom the sound can back to live kkkkkkkkk :loco:

[]'Macck

Shogeki

n00b
Did you try to resolder the flash roms ?
The only roms that should be reprogrammed if the sound doesnt work is the m1 and v1 (m1 if there is no sound at all, v1 if the sound is garbled).
But i doubt the v1 would have been corrupted if its since its electrically erasable only.
Maybe I can help a little more if i can get pics of the solder side.

Last edited:

Kyuusaku

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I'm surprised to see a 26L6420 for the V, cause it's a 16bit rom, and V roms have to be 8bit usualy, but I'm no expert.

A 16 bit rom can easily be used in place of a 8 bit rom. Of course half of it will be unused.
I'm betting the board uses two multiplexers or buffers to select the byte, it's quite a nice board really.

The problem could be that the M1 sound ROM is not 4M but a 1M knockoff, not sure how compatible it is. From the looks of it, the board just has a NEO-ZMC (or clone) which I don't believe supports full 4M bankswitching so it may not be possible to fix the game with that board.