This week in Islam: 8 yr old bride dies on wedding night, if from sex

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
So what you're saying then is that child brides and female circumcisions are a result of the individual cultures that have adopted Islam and not the actual religious texts of Islam? Cultures shape myths, especially ones they did not create, to suit their needs.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
All the horrible things like "bacha bazi", female circumcision, and child brides have more to do with Islamic cultures than any religious text(as far as I know).

Just looking them up on Wikipedia suggests you earned 3 strikes. "bacha bazi" is indigenous to Afghanistan only, female circumcision dates back to ancient Egypt, and child brides well, it can be found in all sorts of cultures. A sect of Mormons notably practice it still, and subsequently became the subject of a high-profile raid recently.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
so because Mormons do it that makes it ok

do you summer on the shore by chance?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I think the point was that it's not okay regardless of who practices it. Just think what America would be like if it was a Christian theocracy with an oppressed, ignorant, poor populace...wait a second.

bokmeow

LOL wtf is that supposed to mean??

slow your role there killer

Well, I got an email from a moderator about this, so I had to look it up, 'cos I thought I was mixing idiomatic expressions. Turns out I'm in the clear.

dig one's own grave
Fig. to be responsible for one's own downfall or ruin.

dig your own grave
to do something stupid that will cause problems for you in the future

Unless someone wants to challenge me by saying that Doctor Shroom's denigrating Muslims and Arabs as "monkeys" is somehow not racist...

His calling the Middle East/Near East a sandbox just seems sad. If he wanted to see the sights and enjoy the foods, he could have just said so.

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
Internet Detective Time!

bok is the shittiest one-trick pony on this board, do yourself a favor and put him on ignore. lol new jersey

PrincetonFestival.jpg

e86664c9-7e70-4bc6-abdb-b803de30fb7f.jpg

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
A sect of Mormons notably practice it still, and subsequently became the subject of a high-profile raid recently.

The FLDS AREN'T Mormon, and have no connection with the LDS Church whatsoever. We (as a Mormon myself) do NOT support the forced marriage and rape of underage girls, or any other person.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
So what you're saying then is that child brides and female circumcisions are a result of the individual cultures that have adopted Islam and not the actual religious texts of Islam? Cultures shape myths, especially ones they did not create, to suit their needs.

FGM is almost entirely cultural/geographical.

You will find it in parts of Africa with intermingling religious populations. Religion doesn't have anything to do with it.

We (as a Mormon myself) do NOT support the forced marriage and rape of underage girls, or any other person. anymore

FIFY

bokmeow

The FLDS AREN'T Mormon, and have no connection with the LDS Church whatsoever. We (as a Mormon myself) do NOT support the forced marriage and rape of underage girls, or any other person.

Lemony, I was just thinking that, it was not meant to drag you out to disavow FLDS yet again. Wikipedia lists it as a fundamentalist offshot that practices Mormonism, as it was once practiced in 19th century.

Just as you say, LDS want nothing to do with FLDS.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Bok, the expression you chose is a more menacing threat. It's normally taken as "I'm going to kill you if you keep it up"

Digging your own hole is more of a "You're going to cause your own problems if you keep it up"

I pm'd you not because I actually thought you were going to kill him, it was more of a sanity check. You don't normally go *that* far.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It would be wrong to ask you why
Because I know what goes inside
Is only half of what comes out
Isn't that what it's about ?
To remind us we're alive
To remind us we're not blind
In that big, black hole
Comfortable
Digging the grave, I got it made
Let something in, or throw something out ?
You left the door open wide
I know you have a reason why
That knot is better left untied
I just went and undid mine
It takes some time
And the shadows so big
It takes the sun out of the day
And the feeling goes away
If you close the door
Comfortable

Tacitus

Staff member
It would be wrong to ask you why
Because I know what goes inside
Is only half of what comes out
Isn't that what it's about ?
To remind us we're alive
To remind us we're not blind
In that big, black hole
Comfortable
Digging the grave, I got it made
Let something in, or throw something out ?
You left the door open wide
I know you have a reason why
That knot is better left untied
I just went and undid mine
It takes some time
And the shadows so big
It takes the sun out of the day
And the feeling goes away
If you close the door
Comfortable

I always liked "The Gentle Art of Making Enemies" better.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Keep digging your own grave, racist.

Must be easy playing Defender of the People while sitting with your fat taiwanese ass safe and sound in New Jersey.

Eat shit, hypocrite faggot.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
All the horrible things like "bacha bazi", female circumcision, and child brides have more to do with Islamic cultures than any religious text(as far as I know).

Those are region based, not religious based.

If anything this thread serves as a perfect example of the straight ignorance people have of Islam as a religion. I don't think Lagduf, Norton, or Bok are trying to downplay the horribleness of the article. They are simply showing how clueless people are about the religion. It gets portrayed in such an absolutely terrible light in western media and the information is so terribly mixed with other information such as quoted above.

At least do 10 seconds of research before spouting stupid shit you learned on fox news and stormfront.

Tacitus

Staff member
Those are region based, not religious based.

If anything this thread serves as a perfect example of the straight ignorance people have of Islam as a religion. I don't think Lagduf, Norton, or Bok are trying to downplay the horribleness of the article. They are simply showing how clueless people are about the religion. It gets portrayed in such an absolutely terrible light in western media and the information is so terribly mixed with other information such as quoted above.

At least do 10 seconds of research before spouting stupid shit you learned on fox news and stormfront.

People in general are fucking atrocious when they adhere to anything in a zealous manner. Religion, politics and ideology are just convenient tools to use.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Btw everybody who wants to kill me: please try, I could use the entertainment.