Those crazy cops are at it again...

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Since most Americans are perfectly OK with police officers using their power to express their personal feelings and emotions while on the job, they shouldn't have a problem with this. That f**king N-word got what was coming to him, he's lucky they didn't bash his head in. I gotta say though, Officer Juanita Mejias is a true professional.

DJ fined for playing 'F**k Tha Police' while cops raided a bar

DJ Boogy has been charged with disorderly conduct for playing the track while police cleared an overcrowded bar

MassLive reports the incident occurred as police officers in Westfield, Massachusetts were called to dispel the 350 people who had packed into the 160-capacity establishment, Shenanigans Pub. That's when Kashawn Harris, AKA DJ Boogy, started to play the song; which resulted in one of the officers penning the 25-year-old a summons for disorderly conduct.

"I believed at that time the combination of alcohol, the excessive amount of people in the bar and the song that the DJ chose to play at that time was an intentional act by the DJ to incite the crowd which showed a reckless disregard for public safety," wrote Officer Juanita Mejias in her report.

Full Story
Spoiler:
Mejias states a fire marshal had requested police to clear a path into the bar and get the crowd to leave, though they found it difficult due to the loud music being played. It was then she asked Harris to shut off the music, which is when Harris then allegedly started playing the N.W.A. track.

Harris has responded that the song was cued up before the police arrived and a snippet was played before the music was shut down; he stated the bar was emptied shortly after police entered, and that his side of the bar had already been cleared of people by the time he started playing the song. "I had no intention of inciting a riot, it was just college kids having fun," Harris said in an interview. "For them to even think I was trying to start riots was frustrating for me. That's not my kind of background, that's not where I come from."

He only realised he was being charged when he received a court summons a month later; he was found responsible for disorderly conduct and ordered to pay a $50 fine.

Harris usually performs as DJ Boogy at weddings, college events, and at Club Zone in neighbouring Springfield; he had been invited by an alumnus of Westfield State University to DJ the homecoming weekend party.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
kudos to the DJ for seeing an opportunity to be a smartass, and to the officer, for keeping calm and maintaining decorum when they could just as easily have (as you said) bashed the smart ass' head in.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I've read quite a few books about this kind of thing, no one else knows about it like I do.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
It's purposely confrontational to the local police department to name your pub "Shenanigans".

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
It's purposely confrontational to the local police department to name your pub "Shenanigans".

Is that the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy shit on the wall and the mozzarella sticks?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Juanita Mejias...lol, what the fuck happened to her real name?

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
I have no problem with a public asshole fine.

What does this accomplish though? The guy played a track, police got butt mad and fine him. Why is this a thing? We gonna fine everyone that pisses us off passive aggressively?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
you could easily argue this was trying to incite a riot in court.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
you could easily argue this was trying to incite a riot in court.

You could try. It all depends on exactly which lyrics were played.

The hook of "Fuck the Police" is protected free speech and can't be censored due to content.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Course, now days you can be convicted of murder and lyrics you wrote (that have nothing to do with the actual crime) can be used against you in court.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
What does this accomplish though? The guy played a track, police got butt mad and fine him. Why is this a thing? We gonna fine everyone that pisses us off passive aggressively?

Guy was asked to shut off his music by police and fire marshals so they could clear a path to evacuate people from the building, and it conveniently starts playing "fuck the police".
Don't act like that DJ didn't know what song was next on his mix, he knew full well what he was doing.

A $50 fine for disorderly conduct is a slap on the wrist.
I consider it an asshole tax.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Course, now days you can be convicted of murder and lyrics you wrote (that have nothing to do with the actual crime) can be used against you in court.

I remember, what a load of horseshit.

DSNDouches is such a douche, he's right but he's such a douche anyway, lol.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Cops show up because the place is a fire hazard, they ask people to leave, dj plays nwa track and gets fined $50, one cop throws around the n word. I can't believe this is even news.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Hate cops, always have. Never trusted anyone with any kind of authority that I didn't willingly vote into office. You're a fucking high school bully with a badge. Don't take it serious. Just lay low, keep the head down, and collect that government pension. No need to act like fucking John Wayne.

I'd be a terrible fucking cop. Let crime happen, and eat some doughnuts.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Cops show up because the place is a fire hazard, they ask people to leave, dj plays nwa track and gets fined $50, one cop throws around the n word. I can't believe this is even news.

Sounds like a typical Saturday night to me.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
At least throw the dj a $500 fine. $50 is a street cleaning ticket.