Those of you with a Mas Systems Supergun...

searchingtom

NEST Puppet
Do any of you have one of the new "mini" 1 slots hooked up to the supergun ? Does it work OK ?

searchingtom

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I had a Mini Slot with an original SUPER GUN only to find out that the MINI was'nt compatible with the NTSC converter.Some Mini
Slots will work and some won't is the news I received a long while back.I have no specific information on the MINI because I sold it in a fit of RAGE! I now know it would have been a good idea to jot down the information for others
frown.gif

-BB

searchingtom

NEST Puppet
Yea, I had that problem to, and I returned the Mas system. The guy there at Mas wanted me to cut and rewire some resistors on the board. I probably would have screwed it up so bad it would have played Nintendo games !

Anyway, I don't want to repeat the error. Of course I e-mailed them, but never heard a response.

Thanks for responding...

searchingtom

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
You returned the Super Nova or the Mini 1 Slot???
The Mini 1 Slot I have gave me the wrong colors..what did yours do?
If you still have the MVS MINI what Model is it ??? What Revision???
This will help others in the future.
These boards work with a straight RGB connection with no prob.
The only thing you need is an RGB Monitor a Jamma Harness,Power supply and the ability to hook up your own joysticks with Molex connecters.
-BB

searchingtom

NEST Puppet
That was a couple of years ago. Don't know exact models...

I keep going back and forth between building a supergun and then just using one from Mas. I wish we had a BBS for Mas...

The HGA gun I owned also, but the picture would break up everytime the action got intense on the screen, ruined the fun...

searchingtom

It is kind of funny actually. I have a ton of MVS and AES games and the only way I can play them right now is at my cottage a hundred miles away ! It is driving me nuts !

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I have to get my hands on a MINI SLOT in the future along with an NTSC converter to determine which model MINI is incompatible with them in the future.
-BB

searchingtom

NEST Puppet
Mas actually responded today to my question about the compatibility with the mini. Here is their response...

Hello,

Is your SuperNova compatible with the new mini 1 slot Neo Geo MVS pcb ???
Yes...The Neo Geo MVS System is "just" another JAMMA compatible
Arcade game board, just like Killer Instinct and others

Regards,
mass

Yea right, sales response...

searchingtom

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
That's a total 'BLOW OFF' response!! I have actually been through the SH*T and was highly upset!! I ruined my original Super Gun(well not ruined) but kept fiddling with my ORIGINAL 'GAMESGROUP' Super Gun thinking the problem was with the gun because those units have a notorius reputation for having 'BAD' converters.
You live & learn.I've just learned the HARD WAY!
-BB