THQ Humble Bundle

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
http://www.humblebundle.com

I usually avoid this stuff since its usually crappy indie games - yeah i went there. This time around though THQ are offering 7 pretty decent titles. You pay as little as much as you want and you can donate it all to charity.

pretty good deal if i do say so. You need Steam and Windows to take advantage of this of course.

the deal is good for another 13 days or so. Theres lots of talk about THQ's imminent demise, maybe this is their way to drum up some cash?

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Sold. I wonder if they'll add a sweetener game or two like they usually do midway in?

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Windows only this time around, enjoyed it before when the games worked on Linux. Will still get this set though as I love Saints Row and have not played part 3 yet.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Man i rarely fire up my pc these days. those are some great games not sure if ill play any of them again, but to add them to my steam account for cheap would be pretty sweet.
saint row 3rd is worth the price alone imo and im not usually into open world type games.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Lagduf seal of approval? Might have to check it out

If you like RTS games you'll enjoy this, particularly because this one is more tactical than other game. Movement really matters, and since it's about WW2 it has an element of capturing ground. Only through controlling areas of the map can you gain resources. Quite enjoyable.

I'm wanting to play it again right now!

If you've enjoyed Relic's Warhammer 40K RTS games you'll probably enjoy this. I think it's the best of their RTS games because it's so much more tactical than the others.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Bit OT but.. Does anyone remeber back in the 16 bit days that THQ were a totally crappy developer? They were one of the early companies to adopt the shovelware approach to gaming and somehow they survived.

voodoodoctorx

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
+1 for metro and saints row being worth your 6 bucks.

I usually avoid this stuff since its usually crappy indie games - yeah i went there.

not sure how you can be a member of a site like this and not love at least some of those crappy indie games.

World of Goo
Aquaria
Braid
Trine
Blocks That Matter
The Binding of Isaac
Jamestown
Bit.Trip Runner
Bit.Trip Beat
Super Meat Boy
Shank
Cave Story+
Limbo
Psychonauts
Bastion
Torchlight
Dustforce

are all pretty kick ass

Last edited:

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Have not bought it yet but I figure I will pay $10 so I can get Saints Row

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Curt

apostate
Saints Row 3 is Boss! But I already had it. I put down $6 and gave my extra copy away.

I feel bad for THQ.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
was never really interested in any of the above games, but hey I had 8 bucks stagnating in my paypal for ages, if I can give money to charity and get some games I might enjoy later to boot, sounds like a good choice.

thanks for the heads up

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
theMot: I still think THQ sucks. Anyone remember when they called them selfs "Toy Headquarters" before it was shortened? Some of the worst ports ever made back in the SNES and Genesis days! I owned this gem of a port myself...

588576_47144_front.jpg

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Same here. I can't think of any good titles they made during the 16 bit era.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
THQ these days appears to be a publisher, rather than a developer.

Company of Heroes is a game by Relic - not sure if THQ owns them, but it's certainly disingenuous to call CoH a "THQ" game.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Even with all the crap THQ pushed out in the 16-bit days the company still turned a profit. This is a major cause/factor in the company's current state...

uDraw.jpg

Curt

apostate
Even with all the crap THQ pushed out in the 16-bit days the company still turned a profit. This is a major cause/factor in the company's current state...

uDraw.jpg

Yep. One of the biggest hardware/financial blunders ever. They completely over estimated demand and made way too many. It's more of a toy, and they were marketing it as a tool. Professional artists creating art on the uDraw? Unlikely. Anyone who likes tablets already has or will get a wacom/cintiq.

Here's a video THQ made to promote the uDraw, featuring one of the best tablet artists around David Kassan.

Interestingly David and I are good friends, and a couple months ago we were having beers talking art, and I asked him if he actually ever uses the tablets he promotes. He said they give him free tablets of course and pay him a chunk of change, but he absolutely never uses it. He's been paid alot to use other tablets/programs for the iPad and recently a Sony Tablet for a Skyfall event. Anyways... if the guy who they basically use it to market it with doesn't even use it, why in the world would a casual user/child use it?

The ONLY way I think it would have worked is if they bundled Mario Paint with it, and I'm being dead serious, that would have sold ALOT ALOT better. But thats Nintendo not THQ.... huge blunder.