Tier List for SVC CHaos

Despair

Crazed MVS Addict
Does anyone got one. Those fasg on SRK say Tessa is good :rolleyes: but I hear and believe that The Goose and Zero are broken and top tier> I watched a video and saw alot of Akuma usage so is he good in this game?

breal

Hardened Shock Trooper
Geese and Zero don't count b/c they are boss characters. You can learn them but it would be useless b/c you can't use boss characters in tourneys. As far as Tessa goes she's pretty cheap and has some type of crossup shit with her ghost. As far as tiers go I think you can win with any character including Hugo if you know how to play. And Akuma is good b/c he can finally take a hit to go along with his combos.

Last edited:

Despair

Crazed MVS Addict
Tourney shmirney, people always use cheap ass Blanka in CVS2 but can use him. I've used Tessa b4 and she blows. Geese kicks ass no matter. Raging Sotmr is a great anti-air, dfends geese and has great range. He is the GOD OF DEFENSE!

SwordPlay

Crossed Swords Squire
Non-Boss Top Seven Tier List:

1) Terry
2) Chun-Li
3) Akuma
4) Kim Kaphwan
5) Iori
6) Ken
7) Tessa (she does own in the right hands)

With Bosses Top Seven Tier List (plus infinites):

1) Geese
2) Terry
3) Zero
4) Violent Ken
5) Chun-Li
6) Akuma
7) Kim Kaphwan

(*note - This is my personal list as a player who spent more than his fair share playing this game in a fairly competitive fashion.)

Last edited:

breal

Hardened Shock Trooper
Ryo own everybody for free in Chaos, a good Tessa player is the only character I have problems with but I still manage to bust her ass.

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Zero
Geese
Chun
Terry
Tessa
Iori

Everybody else is pretty even after that with the exception of Hugo and Choi being last. But it's not like it matters since the top two are so broken.

Despair

Crazed MVS Addict
breal said:
Ryo own everybody for free in Chaos, a good Tessa player is the only character I have problems with but I still manage to bust her ass.

Ryo....Ryo..Ryo...now that's some cockamany bullshit!

breal

Hardened Shock Trooper
For casual play yes Geese owns, but I can't use him in a tourney so why should I learn him. I've won tourneys with Ryo, and after I when all the damn Terry players say I didn't know Ryo was that good. Fuck it if push comes to shove I'll pull out Earthquake and own with him. All the regular characters in Chaos are pretty much even, and I refuse to compare them with boss characters b/c that's what they are boss characters.

SwordPlay

Crossed Swords Squire
breal said:
All the regular characters in Chaos are pretty much even, and I refuse to compare them with boss characters b/c that's what they are boss characters.

I find it hard to believe that a person who says he's played Chaos in "Tourneys" can honestly call everyone even.

Tiers exist - and they're far more present in SvC than they are in most other games.

And Terry is practically a God.

So for now I'm just going to call you a bullshit liar and simply consider that you have no clue what you're talking.

Despair

Crazed MVS Addict
Rather if he's a secret character or not I hear Demitri (my favorite is good) like not broken wise but just right?

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Dimitri is good, he falls in the upper mid tier. He's a very effective fireball whore.

The bosses do count in the tiers. It's not like you need a special bios or debug to unlock them. Anybody can play them in the arcade if they know the codes therefore you have to take them into consideration.
And in the vast majority of SvC tournies bosses are not banned. If in your area they are then that's all the better, but it's definately not the norm.

breal

Hardened Shock Trooper
SwordPlay said:
I find it hard to believe that a person who says he's played Chaos in "Tourneys" can honestly call everyone even.

Tiers exist - and they're far more present in SvC than they are in most other games.

And Terry is practically a God.

So for now I'm just going to call you a bullshit liar and simply consider that you have no clue what you're talking.

What part of NC do you stay in, b/c ask the guys in Durham about the guy that plays Ryo and Earthquake. Matter of fact send me a pm and I'll let you know when the next time I coming home and I can show you who's the bullshit lie. Pick Terry's punk ass and I'll wax your ass. Hell you can pick the boss characters I don't give a shit b/c they can get their ass handed to them too. About tiers and shit, if you got to pick a secret character to win your ass just sucks plain and simple.

Despair

Crazed MVS Addict
Well if the secret characters are so good and broken, then Dan must be a god among men!?

SwordPlay

Crossed Swords Squire
breal said:
What part of NC do you stay in, b/c ask the guys in Durham about the guy that plays Ryo and Earthquake. Matter of fact send me a pm and I'll let you know when the next time I coming home and I can show you who's the bullshit lie. Pick Terry's punk ass and I'll wax your ass. Hell you can pick the boss characters I don't give a shit b/c they can get their ass handed to them too. About tiers and shit, if you got to pick a secret character to win your ass just sucks plain and simple.

Um... how about just look me up on Kaillera?

I can always be found on the 'Lord of the Pit' server under the handle 007.

I'm not that sad of an individual to actually go "meet up" with you just so I can school you in a mediocre fighter such as SvC.

(BTW - I don't even use Terry, but I'll be happy to make you cry like a little girl with any other number of the characters I frequently use.)

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Altough I dislike Choi Bounge so much, I guess you guys underestimate him.

At least in KOF's, I know a guy who's pretty irritating with Choi. It's a pain in the ass to beat his Choi. You probably have never been/seen a good Choi player. The typical Choi game is the "hit and run" , and you don't have any other character as good as him for that kind of strategy.

And it's pretty simple to do constant crossup's with Choi. Thank God he does not Big damage.

firebomber

Astra Superstar
I don't underestimate Choi at all. I know he's a beast in certain kof's (ie: 96, 02). He's easily in the top 3 for 02.
Still, in SvC he is weak. His crossup isn't as good as in kof, so a big part of his game takes a hit. His moves are toned down from kof pretty much across the board. None of the choi players I know like to play him in SvC.

Despair

Crazed MVS Addict
I think Choi is great, poking, fast, combo friendly, some moves do great damage while that super of his where u see slash marks everywhere usually scares the opponent into gettin' hit! I played a good Choi one time.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
breal said:
Pick Terry's punk ass and I'll wax your ass. Hell you can pick the boss characters I don't give a shit b/c they can get their ass handed to them too. About tiers and shit, if you got to pick a secret character to win your ass just sucks plain and simple.

I think you're missing the whole point of what a tier list really is. It's not saying that people at the bottom/middle of the list can't win against the top tiers, it's that they have a much, much harder time. So if you even were able to beat his Terry with Ryo, it still doesn't change the tier list.

BTW, Zero waxes Ryo's ass in SvC. I can't believe you said pick secret bosses. You apparently have never seen what Zero and Geese are capable of (yes, I know what Ryo is capable of).

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
SVC is broken in this area. Tons of cheapness by making sub bosses selectable.
This game would own if they werent, and cause they are it makes other chars pale.
This is one of those games that takes a big hit cause of this.

I think Dhalsim should be on that list above as well.
Hes very easy to abuse.
Tessa is good, her jD has nice priority, multiple dm linking *exceed to etc*
Chars like Zero, Geese, O Iori I would never use in serious compet, in fact I have never used them outside of messing around with friends, cause they are way to cheap to hold respect to.
Any of the sub bosses cept dan are out IMO.

Guile can also hold a terrible zone game. Probably the most under used char cause of vertical charge complaints and other bs, but hes a god in SVC if used properly.

THEMAN

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
I heard Mars People is pretty horrible. He's like at the bottom of the tier list right.

Saotome

n00b
Well in the forums thread about SvC at Gamefaqs the majority say.

For regular characters its Tessa, Ryu, and Chunli.

For bosses its Zero and Geese.
then Tessa, Ryu, Chun,
the rest of the secret characters
rest of the regular characters.