Tip for gamedude stickers

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Just a tip for anyone getting a cart with one of those “game dude stickers”: go out and buy some Goo Gone, period.

Don't even bother to try anything else or you'll end up with either a sticker half gone or worse damage the case. Whatever you do DO NOT USE nail polish remover, it will damage the case permanently.

A few carts I just picked up had the obvious signs of someone having tried to use "something else" so I thought I'd post this for anyone who didn't already know, or who's new to the scene.

Thanks by the way to all those on this board that turned me on to Goo Gone; with that stuff and duct tape you can rule the world.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I think duct tape and goo gone would just cancel each other out.

Seriously though, goo gone is pretty great stuff. It is mild enough that it won't cause damage to a label or even cardboard box, but it can somehow eat through the worst goo.

talks2wall

Host for Orochi
Thanks for the info, very good to know. Looks like someone tried "something else" on the Viewpoint cart I bought from them a long time ago. Oh well.

Greatkiller

B. Jenet's Firstmate
from working there I can tell you this.......................when you remove sticker and leaves void. USE THE SAME STICKER! and keep pressing it and keep doing it the adhesive will grip the void and pull it right off...................it even works on card board boxes. I use to do it for my buddies when they bought there stuff. Leaves NO sticker residue nothing. No need for adhesive remover or anything. GEEZE so simple! It does take some patience but just keep sticking it on.............and off...........on..............and off...........eventually WAALAA!

Last edited:

masschamber

NEST Puppet
15 Year Member
Just how badly does game dude sticker up their carts? I've never seen one

talks2wall

Host for Orochi
masschamber said:
Just how badly does game dude sticker up their carts? I've never seen one
From what I've seen, they just put one sticker on the side of the cart.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
talks2wall said:
From what I've seen, they just put one sticker on the side of the cart.

The "silver/metallic" void sticker is usually on the side of the cart, presumably to keep you from opening it up (why though, when we all know how difficult opening up a Neo cart is?).

The recent carts I referenced previously in this post actually had a white one on the upper back, complete with game dudes name, address etc. Just a standard paper type sticker and not the "void' type but still left some glue which good old Goo Gone took car of.

RE: Greatkiller:

Yes, I've tried that also, even with "regular" stickers (like those on DVD cases) but sometimes there is still a "ghosting" of the word void, so again Goo Gone comes in handy.