TMNT Cowabunga Collection

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Anyone here ever beat the first NES game?

Played it for the first time in over ten years the other day, and I kind of liked it. Still frustrating but it wasn't as horrible as I remember.

And did anyone play the Game Boy games?

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I was surprised to learn years ago that Turtles in Time on SNES was superior to the arcade. I played that port a ton when I was a kid. Don’t think I ever beat it though.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member

Played it for the first time in over ten years the other day, and I kind of liked it. Still frustrating but it wasn't as horrible as I remember.

My brother had a game boy and Fall of the Foot Clan, last time I played it I remember the turtles and the game moving pretty slow, but back then I thought it was fun for a game boy game. Probably my third favorite after Super Mario Land and Batman he had.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member

I beat it when I was kid. Now? Hell fucking no way.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member

The soundtrack is so fuckin' bangin though.

It's not unlike most NES games though where simple memorization will get you through the seemingly impossible parts (like the underwater dam) quite quickly after only a few tries.

That being said, I've still never sat down long enough to beat it either.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
https://www.gameinformer.com/2022/0...ga-collection-announced-features-13-games?amp

• Back from the Sewers
  • Fall of the Foot Clan
  • Tournament Fighters
  • Manhattan Project
  • Radical Rescue
  • The Arcade Game
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  • The Hyper Stone Heist
  • Turtles In Time
13 games gen, arcade,snes,gb versions
When i seen this announcement from the recent state of play this was the last compilation i expected to happen.About time these,tmnt games have a official release again i guess konami was willing to pay nickelodoen/viacom for the rights.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member

I beat it when i was in my teens the most i remember is grinding for scrolls for use in the technodrome.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Radical Rescue is, surprisingly, a Metroidvania game and pretty awesome. The boss rush at the end, and then Cyber Shredder, is nasty hard though. Fall of the Foot Clan is pretty easy, but cool. Back from the Sewers is pretty dope too--some of the best graphics on the handheld.

I've never beat NES TMNT1 without cheating with save states. A little past that dam with the fooking pink seaweed is as far as I've ever legitimately gotten. Dat game is evil!

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Super in for this one.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I think Imma get the new one for the girls if it comes out on switch by this christmas.

Not this compilation.

Maybe get this for myself.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
I was surprised to learn years ago that Turtles in Time on SNES was superior to the arcade. I played that port a ton when I was a kid. Don’t think I ever beat it though.
Yup! It actually has proper collision detection and hit boxes! lol The arcade version feels like you're hitting sponges or something. Playing them back to back is eye opening. The SNES port is a more focused experience overall with more levels and better pacing to boot. I have the arcade board for the first TMNT, as it never got a truly decent port (the poor NES did its best). I'm good with my SNES port of Time.

Playing it on an arcade cab using something like a MiSTer or even RGBPi is pretty great lol

There is a modern update of the SNES Tournament Fighters appropriately titled Champion Edition that is still an ongoing project. It largely rebalances the gameplay and other quality of life changes that makes it even better. The original is kickass regardless, though. Easily the best original fighter on the hardware.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
I beat it when i was in my teens the most i remember is grinding for scrolls for use in the technodrome.

Same here. I spent a couple hours getting 99 scrolls for each turtle. They do tons of damage, but even then, the Technodrome and Shredder were a big challenge. Not sure I’d have the patience to do that again in one sitting.

Also, Manhattan Project is greatly under appreciated. It’s easily the best of the 3 NES games, almost on par with the 16-bit games, IMHO.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Same here. I spent a couple hours getting 99 scrolls for each turtle. They do tons of damage, but even then, the Technodrome and Shredder were a big challenge. Not sure I’d have the patience to do that again in one sitting.

Also, Manhattan Project is greatly under appreciated. It’s easily the best of the 3 NES games, almost on par with the 16-bit games, IMHO.
That's what i did the building that had the scrolls i exit and renter until i maxed out at 99.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Is Konami porting this themselves? I don't see any other companies listed in the credits at the end.

Hope the performance/latency is good, I slept on the 360 arcade ports too long and missed them, so this should be an easy sell unless they screw it up.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
Is Konami porting this themselves? I don't see any other companies listed in the credits at the end.

Hope the performance/latency is good, I slept on the 360 arcade ports too long and missed them, so this should be an easy sell unless they screw it up.
Digital Eclipse is handling the conversion.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Box art revealed

3ogtT1G.jpg