To the friends of Zero Satori...

I don't know how many of you knew Zero Satori or were friends with him but I do know that a user by the name of Zero Satori frequented this site. He was a friend to me for nearly ten years. I was just informed today that Zero has passed on this earlier this month. He would have been 29 in March and wrote the indie comic series and RPG books for Armored Soldier Valkyrion, Starstorm, and Teraknight. He had many good times arguing with members here and would sometimes rant about the antics for weeks. He always felt that this was one of the most awesome communities on the net. This guy taught me everything I know about Neo-Geo, MVS and arcade systems and he learned it here. He always had some kind of strange reverence for this site. Thank you guys for being an influence for him. He will be sorely missed.

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
Tragic news... I'm saddened to hear this. May he rest in peace.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I'm terribly sorry to hear about Adam's death.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Wow, that is too bad. I remember he sent me a copy of one of his comics, he was a nice guy. Sorry for your loss.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Horrible news. Dude was alright with me, and I feel like an ass for completely forgetting about him because he hadn't been here in a while. Wish his family the best during this time.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
That's sad. I definitely recognize the name but don't think he ever argued with us.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
That's sad. I definitely recognize the name but don't think he ever argued with us.

I remember arguing with Zero. Right here. In that thread I ball-bust over his use of the term "Earthians" in Valkyrion. That's totally because I was just a little bit jealous that he was putting work into print. I didn't see eye-to-eye with him on much, and if I hadn't decided at some point to avoid internet arguments as much as possible, I probably would have argued with him a lot more than I did. But he was a really a sharp guy, and died far too young.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Can't say I knew him well, but it sucks to hear about such news. Makes you appreciate...things.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Sad news. From what I recall a good member.

Best of thoughts to his friends and family.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Yeah, I remember the name and the King avatar.
He was here for quite some time and its always sad to have someone vanish from the forums under such lousy circumstances.

God keep him.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
My condolences. I had a run in with him in the MMA thread, but other than that I remember him being non confrontational for the most part. He was one of the more enjoyable members here. I didn't even know about his comics --that's pretty cool. I'll have to check them out.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I.. myself did not know Zero too well... hence, it would be wrong of me say i did...

...However, I feel bad about any members that have passed... my condolences and thoughts go to his friends and family...

xROTx

PS. I will move this to the "Fallen members" forum.. once I feel it has had enough exposure...

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Ah, one of the members I hadn't seen in awhile and wondered what happened to him. My condolences.

Marek

Banned
Ah what a sad thing. I liked that guy. Please send our well wishing to the friends and family.

:(

I remember arguing with Zero. Right here. In that thread I ball-bust over his use of the term "Earthians" in Valkyrion. That's totally because I was just a little bit jealous that he was putting work into print. I didn't see eye-to-eye with him on much, and if I hadn't decided at some point to avoid internet arguments as much as possible, I probably would have argued with him a lot more than I did. But he was a really a sharp guy, and died far too young.
Aww, man. He was ranting about that one for a whole month. :) Brings back some good memories. I remember wanting to post stuff that we'd talk about on that thread but he'd have posted it first and have it written in much better words than I could ever do. Back then, that guy could write. He used to write essays for fun.

He'd get really mad when people would make fun of the term "Earthians" but at that point he had learned to shrug it off. Valkyrion was his baby. He poured everything into it. I was the artist for the majority of his works and was his girlfriend for eight years and we lived to print those books. We had no car, and all the furniture we had was stuff people were trying to get rid of. Our money that wasn't going into rent went into research (video games, books, movies), print runs and our few convention exhibits.

In the last few years he wasn't able to write as well anymore. He had lots of medical problems that he refused to address. He was a stubborn but awesome guy.

My condolences. I had a run in with him in the MMA thread, but other than that I remember him being non confrontational for the most part. He was one of the more enjoyable members here. I didn't even know about his comics --that's pretty cool. I'll have to check them out.
If anybody wants any back issues of his books, PM me and I'll send them if I have any. They were all small runs so they are hard to find.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Godspeed.

We weren't tight bros, or anything-yet, I enjoyed the threads we were both in...no matter if we were in agreement, or debate.

I regret not clicking his sig sooner, and offer my deepest condolences to all that loved him.

-namubutsu-

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
My condolences to his friends and family.

Far too young.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
RIP. Never knew the guy personally, but he always was a good poster. My condolences to his friends and family.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I finally remembered the name, and confirmed it in the OP. I read about Zero's Valkyrion project from his threads and was intrigued.

It's terrible when people go so soon; all the possibilities of what could have been make it all the more so.

My condolences.

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
Definitely remember the name and the CvS King avatar, but I can't say that I ever had any direct interaction with the guy. Seemed like a tops member, my deepest condolences to you and his family.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Absolutely tragic and a shock still grasping the reality. Only spoke a few time but alway enjoyed his posts. I think he lived close by but I never met him

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Rest in peace. Condolences to friends and family. 28 is way too soon.