Tomb Raider on 3DO

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
*ahem* 3DO SUCKS

it was just ahead of its time a bit too much... but the port is certainly impressive considering the PS version isn't a framerate darling either. In that bridge pass section I feel like the framerate is roughly the same. Could the 3DO have done that? Maybe if it survived a couple of years more.

I wish 3DO got a library like that. I'd like to see a port of Resident Evil in it too, because I'm sure the 3DO would have no technical issues with it considering the prerendered backgrounds.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
3DO could handle this stuff. The timing was definitely bad as it got the worst of the 32 bit era before people figured out what worked. Too much FMV garbage..

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
3DO was underutilized. I bet it could have ran Resident Evil like a champ.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Playstation/Sony where treading water all the way to the throne. The 32bit era had too many confused players and just one with a very clear vision as to where things needed to go.
3DO had no chance, even if some more cool games had been made for it. Imo ofcourse

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Playstation/Sony where treading water all the way to the throne. The 32bit era had too many confused players and just one with a very clear vision as to where things needed to go.
3DO had no chance, even if some more cool games had been made for it. Imo ofcourse
Well I mean it was $700 it has no chance. They werent big enough to subsidized the losses on consoles to make it back in software.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
The 3DO was a real piece of shit. It sucked as a 2D system and wasn't powerful enough to do 3D games well either. It's one of the few consoles that doesn't have a single exclusive game really worth going out of your way for today. Road Rash, for example, is better on the PS1 and PC, and it's probably the best 3DO game.

Even shitty systems like the Jaguar at least had ONE good exclusive (the Jaguar Tempest 2000 is still the best version of that game).

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Love seeing the stuff you find, keep it up.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
OK then, I'll explain it to you... if you say converting Tomb Raider to 3DO is 'awesometacular' and say porting Street FIghter 5 to Genesis is 'lamererific' then your not operating on all cylinders.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Visually, that is probably the most impressive thing I’ve seen the 3DO do.

I wonder if it would run that well on actual hardware, not on a emulator.

I have a FZ-10 somewhere, when the build is more complete I’ll need to take a look.

I used to have this on Saturn, and later on Ngage. The Ngage version looked and ran like ass, but it felt magic to have a PS1 era game on a phone in 2003.