Tonight I started my new homebrew project...

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
is the the legendary "find the roo in the bush" game?!?!? with extra points for finding empty VB bottles?
If you look real close and then close one eye you can see Joe9 sitting on a VB longneck.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Pretty cool even though Xevious isn’t my preferred shooter

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Are you reading the original code and writing something like C? Or writing it straight into another assembly language?

tcdev

NEST Puppet
Are you reading the original code and writing something like C? Or writing it straight into another assembly language?
Right now I'm translating from Z80 to 68K on the Neo Geo. In the past I've done direct-to-C translations for other projects, which have worked out well. You need well-structured code to do it. It would probably work for Xevious as the code is pretty well structured. I haven't decided if I'll bother yet; I'm not sure there's any other platforms that would need to run a C version rather than simply emulate the arcade.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I came into this thread thinking it was gonna be about beer....

I also like Xevious. Pretty much the only game I kept in my Atari 7800 back in the day

tcdev

NEST Puppet
Progress. Implementation of the foreground and background tile layers complete, with scrolling on the background layer. High level routines transcoded for both main and sub CPU. You can coin up and start a game. Sprites to come next...

composite.png

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Right now I'm translating from Z80 to 68K on the Neo Geo. In the past I've done direct-to-C translations for other projects, which have worked out well. You need well-structured code to do it. It would probably work for Xevious as the code is pretty well structured. I haven't decided if I'll bother yet; I'm not sure there's any other platforms that would need to run a C version rather than simply emulate the arcade.
How do you obtain the Xevious code. Can you decompile or is that just available somewhere?