Tony Scott commited sucide

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
WTF

http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/08/20/director-tony-scott-dead-in-apparent-suicide/
Famed filmmaker Tony Scott–director of Top Gun, Enemy of the State and many, many more, died today after jumping off the Vincent Thomas Bridge in Los Angeles.

Scott–the brother of Blade Runner and Prometheus director Ridley Scott–reportedly left a suicide note in his car, which was parked in one of the bridge’s eastbound lanes. The note was reportedly discovered by the U.S. Coast Guard, according to TMZ.

His suicide apparently happened shortly after noon Pacific time, and his body was discovered by the Coast Guard using sonar tools four hours or so later, but it’s just now coming out that the body recovered was Scott’s.

“RIP Tony Scott,” tweeted prospective Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn within moments of the news breaking. “Damn. He was a huge inspiration. Very sad.”

Scott was supposed to direct Narco Sub for 20th Century Fox, a spec script from David Guggenheim that was bought up back in November of last year

SamSpade

n00b
Ah man, that sucks. I've always been a big fan of his movies. I guess you never really know what's going on in the lives of people who's work you appreciate. That's horrible news.

aria

Former Moderator
Wow. I've driven that bridge at least a dozen times. Such an awful thing to happen.

I wonder if it was caught on surveillance.

Why couldn't it have been Michael Bay?

aria

Former Moderator
Corrected information from a news source:

An earlier version of this post incorrectly said a suicide note was found in Scott's car, which was parked on the bridge. In fact, the note found in his car listed contact information. Investigators later found a suicide note at his office

He's old enough where I wonder if he found out about an incurable medical condition.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I didn't like his movies. I still kinda wanna see The Last Boy Scout. Was that his best?

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Wow. I've driven that bridge at least a dozen times. Such an awful thing to happen.

I wonder if it was caught on surveillance.

Why couldn't it have been Michael Bay?

I used to drive it to work 5 days a week.

It's like I'm almost famous and shit. Wonder if it looked like the scene from To Live and Die in L.A.

Maybe he was recreating...

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member

It's like I'm almost famous and shit. Wonder if it looked like the scene from To Live and Die in L.A.

Willem Dafoe is one of the best villain actors ever.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
i have a feeling he was either incredibly depressed or has done some horrible things he can't forgive himself for nor life with.

:spock:

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
A damn shame.

I must have watched Top Gun around 500 times to date. I'm not exaggerating too much either.

I could (just about) always depend on him to deliver a decent film.

BTW I agree, Man on Fire was awesome.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I love "Domino".........better than "Top Gun". RIP Tony Scott............

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
A damn shame.

I must have watched Top Gun around 500 times to date. I'm not exaggerating too much either.

Do you have a mall that needs turning around?

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
A damn shame.

I could (just about) always depend on him to deliver a decent film.

BTW I agree, Man on Fire was awesome.

tg.gif

In serious news, this is sad as I did like many of Scott's films. I really liked Deja Vu and his Beat the Devil film he did for BMW.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
No love for True Romance? That has to be my favorite movie of his that I've seen. Helps that it's a Tarantino script, but great none the less.

RIP Mr. Scott

aria

Former Moderator

I had no idea you were in South Bay at one time. Did you work in San Pedro or Long Beach?

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
True romance ruled... what a flick.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
I had no idea you were in South Bay at one time. Did you work in San Pedro or Long Beach?

I worked at the Breakers Hotel on Ocean in Long Beach. I was living off of Anaheim in Wilmington at the time.

Wilmington used to be largely Filipino, and my family lived there since the 50's.