Too Many Games, June 26-28, 2020, Oaks, PA

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
So, they raised the price of a 3-day to $60 :oh_no: ($55 last year). Time to ask myself how much I'm willing to pay to play candies and talk smack.

I can do an after-party on Fri night (6/26) unless you out-of-towners are throwing down in your hotel room(s) instead. I live 40 min from the convention center, but we can for sure kick it at my place. Not Saturday though. Post up about what you'd wanna do.

Anyway, who's going to the show?

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Yup.

I'll probably get a pass for TMG.

I am interested in your after party.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Looks like I’m working that weekend, but Saturday I may get done early

herb

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I'm going all 3 day's this year. Might be down for the after party

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
This will coincide with retrocon now which is held around that time every year in Oaks as well

https://retrocons.com/

NJ Gamercon is still on in July at Cherry Hill for now if anyone needs their summer gaming convention fix.

https://ecgxpo.com/

Last edited:

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Seeing as how under normal circumstances, I'd be heading out to Oaks to join the Phatal crew and extended family, I'd just like to say that I'm super bummed we can't hang for while. It's just not summer without TMG. I really miss not partying in you nerds' hotel rooms or doing an after party at my place. On a positive note, I have gotten some new PCBs and hardware to play with, and I put a decent amount of work into my arcade cabs during the lockdown. So, when the time comes, it should make for a more fun time for all involved. Hope you're all being safe and responsible wherever you are.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
As the event gets closer, if it still seems like they're gonna keep the Sept. Dates I'll probably take off work and show up. Gonna have to wait and see.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Don’t get your hopes up for Sept either.

It sucks... but blame the dopes who can’t be asked to wear a face mask or follow some simple rules.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I’m not going to anything of this sort, until there is a vaccine.

Nice knowing y’all.

Tacitus

Staff member
Same here.

That area is a Petri dish. That crowd is a Petri dish. That venue is a Petri dish.

I’ve been playing the shit out of RB2 though... so 2021 is go time.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
People in my town must only want Green to last a week.

I can’t believe what I saw tonight...driving across town to get gas:

Every restaurant was open, sidewalk seating, packed to the gills. Roving packs of people of all ages-the streets were mobbed like it was Homecoming Night.

Not a mask in sight.

Shit is bugged out.

white castle

1.21 Gigawatts!, It's hard to get up to 88mph on t
15 Year Member
People think green means back to how life was before this virus. States doing color coded systems should have done red, orange, yellow, and saved green for when there is a vaccine.
I won’t be going.
Also, no meetup at my place this November. I don’t think there is any way to responsibly make that work out.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I'll be going. I'm even going to switch my August vacation for a September one. I do feel there are going to be MANY cancellations, vendors and attendee alike, but am hopeful the event will continue.

Bob, I wish you would reconsider cancelling the Nov meet. 10-15 people should be able to meet without any problems.

Jon

Tacitus

Staff member
I'll be going. I'm even going to switch my August vacation for a September one. I do feel there are going to be MANY cancellations, vendors and attendee alike, but am hopeful the event will continue.

Bob, I wish you would reconsider cancelling the Nov meet. 10-15 people should be able to meet without any problems.

Jon

Until there’s a vaccine or Covid disappears, I’m not going to anyone’s homes or large gatherings.

I’ve seen enough already to know where this is going.

majors

Overtop Pathfinder
Until there’s a vaccine or Covid disappears, I’m not going to anyone’s homes or large gatherings.
I'm no scientist, but I do not think covid/corona is going anywhere. Smarter folks than I will need to just help us live with it going forward.

As for events, I fear being contracted to bring cabs. Side-by-side machines are just asking to be infections transmission playgrounds. I have thought about running as much as I can on 1p srtups to at least spread folks apart, but still the masses touching the CP's is scary. I hope upcoming cons bail out so I do not have to make personal call if if I'll support them. I hear it might boil down attendees signing waivers, but I hear vivid doesn't read :)

I respect anyone that stays away from any gathering(house party, convention, etc) based on their and others safety.

Jon -> It might just be me and you to rep N-G at TMG...they can call us the "fatal Philly fools".

Tacitus

Staff member
I'm no scientist, but I do not think covid/corona is going anywhere. Smarter folks than I will need to just help us live with it going forward.

As for events, I fear being contracted to bring cabs. Side-by-side machines are just asking to be infections transmission playgrounds. I have thought about running as much as I can on 1p srtups to at least spread folks apart, but still the masses touching the CP's is scary. I hope upcoming cons bail out so I do not have to make personal call if if I'll support them. I hear it might boil down attendees signing waivers, but I hear vivid doesn't read :)

I respect anyone that stays away from any gathering(house party, convention, etc) based on their and others safety.

Jon -> It might just be me and you to rep N-G at TMG...they can call us the "fatal Philly fools".

You guys can do what you want. I’m fine staying home and weathering the storm. Better everyone else getting sick and dropping than me and those I care about.

If someone thinks it’s a smart bet sliding the chips of their life on a 1-200 to 1-50 chance to die because they can’t handle cabin fever, so be it. I look forward to the bargain deals hitting the market when their next of kin clean their residences out.

If for nothing else, if you (not YOU, the metaphorical one) care about the lives and wellbeing of other members and people, sit inside and play games a bit more.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I’ve had great times playing Yahtzee w/ family over Zoom and Portal. What y’all know about that dice lyfe?

Le sigh.

Better to live to gather another day, than to risk it.

Miss y’all dudes!

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Sorry to bump this thread, but since most of the Phatal crew is probably listening...

I had an idea to help get us over the lack of meetups this year. The best part of the meetups for me, besides playing games, is catching up with everyone. So, I thought I'd see if anyone was interested in having a 1-1 chat with me, recorded for the crew to hear. Ideally 15-30 min, emphasis on retrogaming, but no particular agenda. We'd share with the group via google drive, effectively like a podcast. Thoughts?

Gu$ suggested a group Zoom call, but I've pretty much had all of those that I can take.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I’m up for a Portal call. I have one in my kitchen, it’s dead simple, no logging in BS like zoom.

Works with FB messenger on your phone/tablet/computer, if you don’t have a Portal.

Quality is excellent.

My extended fam and us, have used it to play Yahtzee with eachother during these social distancing times.